Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Built a pad this week

DPete ยท 2008-08-23 16:45

Nothing special but here's a few pics. I had water truck duty, kinda fun for a change. Never got my *** chewed either

Replies7
  1. #1curly2008-08-23 17:17

    Nice pics. You should have heard our radio today, new guy in the water truck at a site and all the valves stuck open. Of course numb nuts would stop and maneuver and just sit with the PTO engaged, flooding the area. I think his rear is a few pounds lighter! I enjoyed running a water truck for a couple weeks while the other guy was on vacation. Whenever it go boring I'd see if I saw any friends in the yard waiting to get loaded, then I would proceed to spray their rig down, same treatment for ornery loader operators.

  2. #2OCR2008-08-23 17:37

    Nice pad: Does that mean you didn't make a mud hole... along side that irrigation ditch... :lmao OCR...

  3. #3DPete2008-08-23 21:18

    Heh heh, had to be careful not to hit the side spray by mistake and blow off the compactor operators hat.

  4. #4OCR2008-08-24 01:43

    careful with the side spray: Oh mercy... I thought I was turning off a rear spray... and got the side spray... going past a blade and stake jumper. It was a cold day, and I hit him on the back... right above his belt line... I don't think I've seen any body bend back wards like he did. I stopped... the blade stopped... I jumped out, all set to bleed, but he took it ok... I think I let him have my coat though. A friend of mine hit the side spay... right when a car with the window down, met him... about drowned the people, and scared my friend almost to death. Thought there might be a lawsuit ...but I guess it turned out ok too. Oh what fun we've had... :laugh OCR

  5. #5tonka2008-08-24 09:46

    Nice to see someone in the valley is working..... is that by the airport in merced?

  6. #6DPete2008-08-24 10:06

    Castle AFB in the background, yeah been so dead here. I did get a joint venture on a water treatment plant, 126000 cu yds starts in about a month

  7. #7tonka2008-08-24 15:50

    good ol atwater........i miss cali