Not sure if you all will call me crazy. Has anyone ever welded toothholders onto a feller buncher disc bottom like the skid steer style mulchers? There's lots of old buncher heads around here. And I have the crazy idea if it had teeth on the bottom , and I could remove the top felling horn I could use one for road brushing. I do a fair amount of road brushing/widening with the regular hotsaw head in the off season, I do need to be able to cut small trees and lay them out, I do feel the need to keep a set of arms. The biggest complaint I have it the smaller stuff not being able to just mow it down easily.
Probably a variety of ways. (What is the terrain like & how large are the big trees etc) https://promacequipment.ca/r-series/ (the mulching disc for a track machine has a tough drive setup) https://tmkmachinery.com/tree-shears (Finland - tree shear with gathering arm for track machine) https://www.quadco.com/product-category/attachments/mulching/ (Can mulching heads) DAH Boom-Mounted Mulchers Denis Cimaf DAH Mulching Attachments for Excavators | Advanced Solutions for Heavy-Duty Land Clearing www.deniscimaf.com The Tigercat LX825 has the options of 2 hydraulic systems (one for if the track machine is just used as a hot saw) (the other hydraulic system for the track machine is used as a mulcher & swaps to other attachments) "Tigercat enables swapping between a mulching head and a hot saw (or felling saw) using specialized convertible carrier models like the Tigercat LX825 or Tigercat M726G, which feature an optional multi-function convertible hydraulic system and quick-attach boom adapters." Tigercat Releases Convertible Mulcher Carrier LX825 leveling track carrier specially designed for thinning and masticating in fire mitigation forest treatment applications. www.tigercat.com Powerpack excavators with mulching heads. The Berti mulchers. Forestry mulching heads for excavators from 12 to 35 t. | BERTI Scopri le decespugliatrici forestali per escavatori da 12 a 35 t., progettate da Berti Macchine Agricole per unire potenza e prestazioni www.bertima.it The Bauma not so light Baumalight Manufacture of Light Industrial and Agricultural equipment supported by a dealer network across North America baumalight.com ----------- Big dollar system would be a large hot saw levelling buncher, putting the trees down. A shovel bunching trees for a clam bunk or skidders, large & medium processors, coming through after with a large levelling track mulcher and large road builder to dig out stumps where necessary.
Not quite sure if your reply was on the right track
Welding tooth holders to the bottom of a bunching head is somewhat common. I would want someone that could balance the disk when their done to do it.
I've never heard of it. Anywhere I can find additional information? Are they using them on buncher heads?
Loewen Equipment does a lot buncher head modifications. Their website seems to be not exactly working at the moment, but I found a listing for their brushcutter blades. Somebody, can't remember who, makes blades with mulcher style tooth holders that handle ground contact somewhat better.
Roadside FAE Forestry Mulcher UML/HY-125-VT on Ponsse Ergo 8WD C44+