Howdy... Yeah I am still here. I haven't been around much but how about some pictures? The first pics are from the Ritchie Bros auction here last month. It was a fairly boring auction, nothing really too exciting. It was mostly small iron... you know D9's, D10's, only 4 850 sized hoes, and a measly Hitachi 1100.
Ok my computer is acting pretty slow tonight, so lets make this quick. I think this should get the remainder of the little iron out of they way.
Ok so who wants to dig a hole? I think we have the iron here for you.
So... that didn't float your boat eh? Hmmmmm well I guess we need to break out the real hoe's eh? Ok you convinced me. Ahhh what the heck why not some videos as well. Sparking up a D9T at the Auction. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1fw6b1IAK0 Hoe Packing with the finest 710D Ever built! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNuLVAz6B-I
Good pics there B.O. Keep them coming!
Nice pics! I cant help but laugh seeing snow as I'm in shorts and a t shirt right now!
Looking good Burnout! Glad you are still out and about. - Chris opcorn
great pics alex! going to be heading to the next toronto one in may! really loving the 850 there :O
sweet pics, any idea of who used to own that 1100?
The 1100 was owned by Dutchmen Equipment Rentals out of Camrose Alberta, and the 1200 that is coming up at this sale was owned by Top Notch Construction out of Calgary. The 850D was also owned by Dutchmen, as was one of the 850ZX Hitachi's. Believe it or not, that 1100 went for 82 500, the 850D went for $450 000, the EX700 went for $30 000, the 345CL went for $65 000 and the 345B went for $40 000. And for T.S.S. who wanted to know about that D6N, she went for $220 000. And the D9T went for $825 000.
Ok, So I managed to get my crap together and finish this up.
More photo's of cheap equipment that someone bought.
So that's it for Top Notch? They're shutting down?
Yep thats it for Notch. Just means Sureway can have its way with Alberta.
Those white pick-up truck....it is the old Sureway truck??? Frenchy:canada
Hahahahaha thats funny. Don't you know the Sureway mentality? "If we don't need it.... neither do you!" Nothing from Sureway goes to ritchie bros.... EVER. It goes to a gravel pit to die and be parted out so others may live on.
I want the D6N I wish around here they had D9s and up:notworthy
Great pics, I can't imagine how much fun that was. Thanks for sharing.
So tell me Alex, what do you think of the M series graders? I'm specifically interested in your opinion on how durable you figure they are. Maybe you should post some pictures of what you did to it 5 minutes after I turned the steering on for you.....LOL Brian
Yea ummm.... well. Ok so here's how it goes guys. So me and alco went to the RB auction yesterday. I fired up the 16M they had there and started playing around. Well as brian said something happened.
opcorn opcorn
Well?????? opcorn opcorn opcorn
OH BILLY!! the king is beeing D-horsed! im intrested in this new type of grader they got one at work
OK so here's how it is. I want everyone to know it wasn't my fault. I didn't do anything. I broke nothing, the grader runs fine so leave me alone. Have you ever heard the phrase ride that mother effer until the wheels fall off? Well I am starting to think I am hard on equipment. One minute im loading rock trucks, the next what the heck?
See kids, this is what happens when you dig over your final driver :laugh :nono:stirthepot
^^^ LOL! my dad is at that Edmonton RB auction, picking up a tandem dump (hopefully) and maybe a mini-ex.
O MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So what did he buy? There wasn't much in the way of Mini-X's, but there were some decent tandems. Did he buy the ones that say Waiward Construction on the side? Jim.... I wasn't digging over my final driver.... or did you mean drives? Although I guess you could say I am the final driver. It was a parted out 1100 in a large construction companies yard here in Edmonton. On a happier note.... they got the 16M I broke up and running ready to drive across the auction block. I didn't see how much it went for, but I know a 2005 EX1200 went for around 560k.
I don't think he got a truck, he was there for the old internationals. They didn't get the mini-ex either, they did pick up a new 15kw genset though for 3 grand. Mini-exes are more of a Surrey, BC auction thing it seems. So did Top Notch do pipe work or were they just dirt guys? I assumed they did both, but my dad was wondering. My buddy worked for Total out there in Alberta, they're a real small company that got sub'd out by Top Notch all the time... until now. a lot of guys that lost their job at top notch must be looking for work right now, eh?
ah man... I wish I'd noticed that typo before you did. I thought it was a pretty good one too... dang:Banghead:notworthy
I am prety sure Notch did pipe work, I imagine they would have had to. They had a really long reach 245 there, and I mean long frickin reach my friend. Yeah you don't really see many mini's here in Edmonton, not too many backhoes either. I am used to the Toronto auction where you can see 30-40 backhoes at one auction. Here this auction had 23 and thats the most I have ever seen. The other side of that record was 5. I took almost 300 pictures for you guys. I am gonna try and get the pics up there was some good stuff there, like some Fat Allis HD41's, some 10R pushcats, 992C Loader, lots of rock trucks and 60 buggies. And a busted 16M, but we won't go into that until some pictures, or until Brian spills the beans on my mistake.
oh do tell!!! is any one making it to the toronto one this tuesday?
Now, really, would I do that? Brian
Yeah actually you would. so anyways here's what happened. So I fired up the 16M and I was playin around. I couldn't move the grader or steer the bloody thing. So Brian had to show me the window licker that I am how to turn the steering on because im too simple minded to notice the button that looks like a steering wheel. So Brian went to get his coat because he isn't used to the cold weather...lol So I got playin around moving the blade, side shifted it and I was running it out the side. Well apparently I angered the Caterpillar Rod Grader gods because I was shifting the drawbar back to center and I knocked the fitting off the lock on the frame. I then quickly proceeded to make sure nobody saw me, dropped the blade shut it off and I was off like a prom dress. If I get my big counterweight in gear here I can put some of the pics up, including my mini oil slick on the ground.
oh **** nice job! pics
Aw you beat me to it Cause I know I would! That's what happens when you don't check the forums for a couple days.