Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lot 6, Grant Hill Estates

stretch ยท 2009-04-17 19:00

Today, we got our next house started on our subdivision. Our contractor brought their '01 Hitachi EX100 and '89 Dresser TD-7G on site, along with a Bobcat 864. Here's a coupel of pics and vids from today, with more guranteed. Sorry guys, none of me running the 100. :tong

Replies11
  1. #1Bellboy2009-04-18 02:10

    Cool equipment stretch! How long is that project gonna take?

  2. #2stretch2009-04-18 09:32

    I'm not quite sure, the earthmoving wlil most likely be done within a month and I imagine Dad will want the house finished by fall. Almost forgot, in case anyone's interested here are some vids I took from sitting in the truck watching them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvfAB9pHT70&feature=channel_page http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrvW7ZlVZqg&feature=channel

  3. #3stretch2009-05-16 16:46

    This batch is from last Tuesday (concrete work), and the next bunch are from Thursday (utility work). Gotta admit, don't see many cabovers these days, and not many in foundation work.

  4. #4stretch2009-05-16 17:14

    And Thursday...how do you like the fill the roadbuilder used to raise the elevation along the road? Right where the water line goes. :Banghead A pic or two of sanding as well with the 864 and T320. Hope someone gets a kick out of the last one.

  5. #5oriden2009-05-17 01:04

    haha! how do you like the 100?

  6. #6stretch2009-05-17 09:26

    I like the 100, it was certainly a very responsive machine, almost touchy at times. If I was running the project I might have opted for a bigger machine, but it gets the job done. I believe their next largest machine is around a 20-30 ton though, so that might have been a bit big here. Still haven't gotten the chance to run anything else yet, but it's fun running around the ditches and balancing over the foundation walls.

  7. #7CM19952009-05-17 09:28

    Stretch is that going to be a full basement or crawlspace? Can't tell from the pictures if those are 2' forms or not. Did you guys get lucky enough to pour the whole foundation from the chute or did they have to pump? Is the lot served by septic or sewer? Keep us posted on the progress.

  8. #8EddieWalker2009-05-17 09:39

    Great pics and project. Thanks for sharing them. Eddie

  9. #9oriden2009-05-17 12:27

    not familar with hitachi what is the cat equivilant of the 100? it would seem that the 320 would be a good basement digger?

  10. #10stretch2009-05-17 21:12

    Around here, most new foundations can be poured from the chute, as long as your drivers can do a bit of manuevering. The walls for the actual basement is 10" and the garage foudnation is 8". It's served by septic, and to add on it also has city water served by a nearby well. Thanks Eddie, I'll add more when I get back up there. The equivalent would be the 311-315 size machines. A 15-20 ton machine like a 315 or 320 would have done pretty well, especially since there was little topsoil and many large rocks to pull up. Dad told me they wouldn't mind another pair of hands helping out them this summer, so I may have a job for the summer! :cool2

  11. #11oriden2009-05-18 00:32

    probly closer to a 311 i was running a 315 not long ago great machine was working a leveling job alot of rocks and earth to be moved.