OK.... so for the last couple weeks I have been compiling pics from my travels around Alberta. Today I managed to find one of our 385's sitting ready to work with a Deere 270. And I spotted our brand new 385 sitting at Finning the other day.
Ok.... now to show the size difference between the 85 and the Deere 270, the bucket is as tall as the cab on the Deere. And the new 385 at Finning, a D10T coming into Finning for an overhaul, and a D6N rental unit.
Ok.... some pics coming back from Vegas, a brand new 365 coming into canada. and some old dozers I found sitting where it seems old dozers go to die.
More old dozers, these were some really interesting finds!
Some pull tractors for scrapers... more dozers.... YAY
More old Cat equipment!
Ok.... some dealership pictures.
And some around town Sureway pics.... The last picture is an old 815 we have. The puddle before it is where my jeep went through the ice. I wanted a nice picture of the Hitachi 1100 from the other side and I ended up in that puddle. I forgot it was there until I heard some cracking. I thought it was kind of funny, Krissy was with me and she didn't think it was so fun. She was more annoyed about her new shoes getting muddy from the water coming in under the door.
Some more around town!!
MORE MORE MORE Oh and the last one of me in my favourite 245!
Where exactly were those old dozers at if you don't mind? I think ive been through there but i'm not sure. nice pics there! and a nice jeep too. 5 speed?
Holy crap, that's some serious Big iron Porn.
The dozers are located in a small town about 10 minutes from the U.S. Canada border on hwy.4 on the Canadian side. Yeah the Jeeps a 5spd... just got a 4" lift put on er too. Left the 32" tires on for now. I'm goin with a motor mount lift and tummy tuck and upgrading to 35's next month
Save The Dozers!!! Nice pics...I don't think I'd see a 992G sitting at the dealer anytime soon.
Right now there are 3 sitting at Finning here in Edmonton. There were 4 but that one got floated out 2 weeks ago with another 24M.
Very Nice pics Burnout,
Great pics, thanks for sharing. Isn't it great to have spring comming back, where we from the north can play in the dirt again. Trbo
what's with that setup on the 850J?
I have no idea whats goin on with that 850... but its rather odd. The Deere dealer is down the street, its sitting at the Case dealer. The power unit on the back has a Cat engine.... kind of odd that a Case dealer is selling a Deere specialty dozer with a Cat engine.....:beatsme
IronWolf Check out the video page.
Awesome pics again there Burnout!
Thanks guys...never seen those before. But what is it doing at the Case dealer?
Great photos! I am already looking forward to the "Summer Tour". - Chris
The Summer tour is not going to be dial up friendly I can already tell you that. If this summer is anything like last summer, I will have some awesome pics. Heck I even have more for the spring tour, I just haven't taken the time to upload them to photobucket.
Pics are lookin good. You've motivated me to get out and get some pics here in the next couple weeks. I'll have a PNW representation picture thread going on. Once I get back in the saddle pulling sticks full time sometime in July, hopefully I'll have much more to share.
Some nice pics!!
Lovin' the avatar Burnout. It's so true and goes for just about anything men want and women find boring.
Well guys I went out to get you some more pics today, I decided to scour the north end of Edmonton. I found a Sureway site I forgot about and went in to see what was kickin around. I got pokin around the far side of the massive spoil pile and there it was... the Komatsu 1250. So I found my way over to the rock truck path with the jeep and I got stuck BIG TIME. It took me an hour to get the jeep out with the Hi Lift and towstrap..... so I will have to abandon the 1250 for a few weeks.
Sucks getting stuck, That why I carry my master set of equipment key with me at all times Anywhoo thanks for the great pictures so far!
Ah, forget the 1250 pictures. Stuck Jeep pictures are better. :drinkup C'mon now....out with them.
I highly doubt that will happen. I can't have naughty photo's of the jeep surfin around.... thats just wrong. But yeah I might have some kickin around.
seeing those old dozers was like being out at Davis-Montham with all those retired aircraft! :usa
Ok... its been a couple week delay, but I have some more Spring Tour pics. To start off.... a truck that I was lookin at, and a new Jeep that caught my eye. And a cute Komatsu 270, and Deere 310SG.
I love that Jeep!
Now its time for 710 pictures, I managed to find a couple of our 710D's, and 2 710G's.
More 710's, and a 310.
Ok.... how about a Cat 430E IT Cat, and a coupel Case 580's. And a sexy little 936 that is sadly.... nicer than most of our loaders.
OK.... Now a D6R, and some cute little 345's.
Ok... now I'm more into the randoms... and soon to come my baby at the shop. My sexy 973A with some new chompers, and a brand new undercarriage.
Ok.. a couple Case Excavators, a new dozer and land scraper.
And a Liebherr Crane, a 953 and that old Drott excavator.
Ok... and my 973 at the shop... new shoes, some dental work, and hopefully fixed the smashed hand rails and door from one of the other operators.
hey burnout,very nice pics,i love to see sureway construction heavy equipment,because,i will probably go work for when i will be out from the high school and after all the heavy equipment training school.
Well guys... my buddy came over a couple hours ago and dragged me out to go for a drive. He said he spotted some neat stuff so... we mounted up with the camera and I got some pics you boys might like. I think this should officially seal my title of HEF Picture Whore for 2008.
Who likes old Volvo rock trucks? How about 245's that died years ago? Or a Komatsu WA600?
How about some dozer action? Maybe a D10... or a Komatsu 475?.... what do ya like?
Hmmmmm..... Maybe a 800C Deere?, or a 385B? nahhhh maybe a Komatsu PC1250. And for the last pic..... some advertising. Hey come work here, we have some big iron.
:canada How much more ya got? opcorn
Good Lord, Sureway is a hell of a lot bigger than I thought, there must be a real huge team of people behind the scenes just for keeping track of the machines! BTW, what's the deal with the old Drott 120?
The Drott was sitting out in a field. I don't know if it runs, but it was there so I took a couple pictures of it. Sureway is HUGE... I might have pictures of maybe 1/8th of the fleet now. I have pictures of about 25 out of 100 or so land scrapers. I have 4 of the 12 385's on camera, 4 of the 6 D10's. I might ave 15 out of the 60 dozers. I don't know where to begin on Excavators, and I am missing tons of 710's. I'm making it my goal this year to get as many pictures of the fleet as I can but it won't happen. Stretch.... I have a few more pictures, but I am back in Ontario for the week. I won't be able to post any pictures due to the really crappy internet connection. On the other hand I will be able to finally get some pics of home, and the wrecking yard we call a construction company. Where I grew up.... the place where draglines, excavators and junky equipment that doesn't run grows rampant. I'll be able to get pics of the equipment I learned on, and you'll see why I ended up with Yellow Fever as CM1995 puts it. Hold tight for a few days....Spring tour version 3.1 is coming soon to a computer screen near YOU!
hey bud how ya been??? hey bud havent talked since con-expo. I gave up my 385 night ride to go home with my wife and kids 6 months was long enough to be away from home. got my new lap top so ill try to be on here more offten. talk soon. oh yea hers my ride since yer shoin off yer jeep.and me goofin around on the 385 and 345
SWEET hoeman. I love that first picture of the 385. And I love your truck. What are ya doin now around home? Today I managed to wake up around 10am, go to timmies for a coffee and go back to the shop. I fired up my old John Deere tractor hooked it up to my buddies land cultivator and im doin laps in the field. I miss just drivin around in circles in the field workin ground. So peaceful and listening to the farmers BS'ing on the radio is the best.
why is that cat excavator up in their air?
ointlaugh11 hours working night shift will make you crazy i guess:Banghead
burnout back workin for my old boss till I move back to pennsy yep headin back east to work for my favoriye co. alan a myers
hey if any one wants to see lots of picts go to my myspace http://www.myspace.com/weasel70
Welcome back When ya headin back here hoeman? When you come back you planning on returning as a foreman or operator? Either way you'll get to enjoy the nice shiny GREEN hardhat for 90 days ointhead:usa:drinkup Looking forward to meeting you, should you come back as a dirt foreman keep me in mind if you need a hoe operator:notworthy
Like your Myspace page. Looks like we have alot of the same interests. Good luck in your ventures. I have a few pics of my latest screw up on my page http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user
sorry jim no green hat for me. still got 2 yellow and one white. bill k said i dont need the green one since i worked there for 8 years. i kinda know the place. coming back as operator than mabye forman:woohoo
HAHA good to know, I was fortunate to not have to deal with the green beanies either. When you moving back? What's Bill gonna have you running?
NOT SURE NUTTIN CARVED IN STONE :beatsme
THIS LINK JUST TAKES ME TO MINE :bash
Hoeman... I looked through your myspace page.... I love your pics. Your Con-Expo album puts mine to shame with the pics you and Bill got. When I was goin through your Con-Expo pics and I saw the ones from our little night excursion I couldn't get it out of my head you sayin "I don't know fi you know this... But I'm kind of a big deal around here". I see you guys made it over to Cashman Cat and the Ritchie Auction... good stuff eh? I hit up Cashman my first night in vegas. I know why that excavator was up in the air.....it's for takin a nap right? I mean hell those seats never quite recline enough when you wanna sleep. You gotta lift er up off the ground to get the proper sleeping angle in there.
Hoeman600 - if you haven't been told before we don't post in "ALLCAPS". It is considered shouting. Please post normal/lower case. Thanks
Thanks Burnout...looking forward to it!!!
if i owned that machine, i'd ask if that's all they had to do, and if it was, they'd go home for the evening.
i was loadin about 7500cyds a night and still had time to eff of once in a while. lifes to short to bo serious all the time:drinkup. after 21 years operatin any thing i do more than 5 hrs gets boring. if you caint have fun and work at the same time than whats the point:usa:usa:usa:usa:usa
sorry squiz caps wer locked did not notice ops