Ok now that I have your attention... it wasn't actually a tour. I got moved to a new jobsite and well there is some decent equipment on site. It starts off with a little drive down the road behind the float, and the last pic on this post is a bonus. The Bonus..... Extra points for the guy/gal that can spot the 973 in the picture.
So... a couple more how about a 385 crushing pipe in the box of a truck? I always load the garbage on site but I had some pipes I couldnt crush so what else.... but put the bucket of the 85 in the box and put enough pressure on it to lift the tracks. And my FEET... you know what they say about a guy with big feet.. they say "man thats some big stink comin from them big feet"
Well ok here is the new site... got some rockstar pictures. Can't ya tell we have some real GEMS of trucks kickin around.
See....not all of our ADT's suck, we have some cute little Ejectors. And 1 or 2 of the 385... and some bucket cylinders. Gotta remind CM1995 that I STILL WIN on the "who has more bucket cylinders" game.
Some more of the 385 diggin an Auger Pit... oh yeah and our little PC12 on site.
Sorry.... My bad. I meant PC1250
And the last of them.... will have a new 973 Cam of me pushing away from the 385.
thats sure some nice equipment you have running there. great shots as always.
Hey....get ya dirty muddy boots outa the cab:cool2
Beautiful photos. That 1250 is a beast, how many cycles does it take to fill a 40-tonner? 2 or 3? Keep them coming burnout!
that is just AWESOME
Hey Burnout, Just wondering, but is there a reason they use so much trailer for that 73?
I see the 1250 has bigger bucket cylinders than your little 973.
Thats the normal trailer for moving the 973's. Need a fair amount of trailer out here to move 35tons. The 1250 fills the 40ton trucks in 2 buckets all the time. If you heap the second bucket you end up with dirt over the sides. Yeah he has bigger bucket cylinders than I do... but only 1 of us has a CD player in his machine. And he's still running a Komatsu.
Um.... Is that a company dump truck? Maybe its just me but isnt that just a tad bit hard on the truck? I suppose there must have been a good reason that the pipe crushed in the truck instead of on the ground :beatsme
I'm guessing that's the truck driver in the white shirt telling you how to load it?
Yeah its a company truck, and trust me... the trailer is no gem. It looks nice but 5 gallons of white paint will do that. All that trailer hauls is garbage. We generally don't crush the big pipe on the ground because of shrapenal. Oddly enough the 385 doing that in the bix wasn't enough so we ended up picking the pipe out and doing it on the ground. We had a piece about 2 1/2ft long fly over 200ft from where we crushed it. With the 36" plastic storm pipe I can actually climb up onto the pipe with the 973 with a loaded bucket and it will support me. Once I start bouncing on er though... thats what stuff flies around.
Oh...plastic pipe... That stuff almost explodes when it lets go Thanks for the reply and as always, awesome pics!:drinkup
im sorry burnout but you guys must have different rules out there than we do here. we have bigger equipment than that that rides on ragulaur lowboy trailers.
Great pics Burnout! Love the 385 and 1250, just awesome machines.
Great pics, what is the project?
The project is a new industrial park. Oakland... Yeah we have some weird rules for moving equipment around, almost every trailer we have has a Jeep in front of it. We use such a long trailer for the 73's because we also move the 330's on it, sometimes I get moved with the 7ft bucket for the 385 on the trailer, and they have even moved me around with the Dynapac on the back of the trailer with me. As for bigger equipment... when was the last time you moved a 385 on a trailer in one piece?
cant say thats legal and i havent ever seen that done
We move our big hoes all the time in one piece. We may need a ton of tires for it, but its pretty interesting to see.
premay what is really impressive is some of the loads premay hauls from nisku to fort crack. http://www.premay.com/gallery.html
buddy605 GREAT LINK!!! Those are some nice pics, thats what you call mega movers! Thanks Tri-Star
oh WOW the biggest excavator you can move here all in one piece is a 350 anything bigger and you have to take the boom off.
here its anything that takes less than 8 man hours to break down to a legal combined 80K load must be transported that way. everything else you can permit for. it would have to go on a triple 16 tire 9 axle setup but it could roll boom and all.
Here we only have 5 hoes that get broken down to be moved, 4 Komatsu PC1250's and our EX1100. Even then I have seen them move the 1250 a short distance in one piece, that was pretty awesome to see, a tractor on the front and back of the trailer. The industrial park I am working in is in Nisku, I am just down the road from Premay's yard. They have this sweet old Western Star tridem tractor and trailer they use for running things around. I can always see him coming down the road from the massive clouds of black smoke. He stopped at the service center the other day so I went up and talked to him. Apparently the truck has a sexy little 12V92 Detroit under the hood. :drinkup Sadly I'm not gonna be at work for a couple days. The old lady here had some surgery yesterday and there were some complications. She is gonna be in the hospital for a couple days and as much as I like work, it comes in a distant second to her.
Sorry to hear that, Hope all is well with Mrs. Burnout and that she recovers quickly.
same here my mom went through surgery and it took some time for her to recover. hang in there and everything will be good. tell her to get well soon .
Mrs. Burnout..... dude don't end my life by getting me down that road....lol She is doing better today, she finally woke up a few hrs ago. We talked and she is starting to get her bearings again.
sorry man, How about girlfriend, or maybe "Burnout's Jeep allowance coordinator"? Which ever you prefer I do hope she makes a full and quick recovery:drinkup
Ha ha, I like that one. Although I generally refer to her as Theo, as in Theoldlady. It won't be a quick recovery, she has been goin through this all her life. I will admit though, I might make a fast run to the 4x4 parts store for some tires, lift kit and the such whilst she can't do anything about it.
Hope her recovery is as quick and easy as possible burnout, good luck to both of you!