is there a bush hog out thats a good recommendation for small trees and privy headge looking at purchasing one. would someone recommend price would it b per hour or per acre and how much per acer or hour thanks i have a jd 333d w high flow 2011
People seem resistant to hourly charges, if a guy has a patch of weeds you can do in one hour and you tell him 100 per hour he will think it is to high. If you tell him you can do the job for 150 he will think that sounds reasonable. Charges vary from area to area depending on a lot of things. Maybe rent a bush hog and see how fast it goes first.
i would rent but theres none around here to rent and the rental place sayed cant cut trees over 1' thats it ive got some thats 5,to 6 'and the job would take bout at least 4 to 5 days prob more .
I'm not an expert but I have brush hogged a few acres. I would never attempt to hog a 5 or 6 inch tree. You really would beat that equipment if you tried. You have to run over to cut it and I don't think that's gonna happen. There's a reason the rental place told you 1 inch.
if you have 5 and 6 inch trees your better off cutting those down first and dealing with those then rent the brush hog to cut the smaller stuff. if you want to cut it all with the skidsteer your going to need a mulcher not a brush hog. as for hourly rates you have to figure what you charge for your skidsteer then find the rental rate for a week for the brushhog and divide it by the number of hours you think youll use it and add it to your skid steer hourly rate and add a little because your going to use a lot more fuel and itll be rougher on the machine than just regular use. so skidsteer hourly rate+ (rental rate/hours needed)+ fudge factor for extra fuel/ abuse= hourly rate roughly. but if your planning on cutting a lot of 6inch trees and dont want to cut it with a chainsaw then id recommend renting a mulcher for your skid steer or a whole mulching machine.
thanks so much all of u was helpful but eric12 that formula will help so so much thank you im gonna try this and see thanks again
If your wanting to take 5-6" trees thats really a mulcher type job. If you cut those trees with a chain saw and then brush hog the area you run the risk of running over the stumps with the mower which could be bad for your brush hog. You have enough machine to run a mulcher but you would want to get a Lexan door for your machine first, and those are spendy, but a necessity.
IIRC, the local Bobcat dealer rents CTLs with the forestry mulcher for $3000/week ($100K purchase but that was 5 years ago.) I have the Brush Monster ss mower. It will take down 1-2" trees easily, and bigger stuff very slowly. It also depends on the tree species, some are much easier to cut than others. For example, soft maple goes much easier than oak trees of the same size. Even so, when you take down a decent sized sapling, you are left with a mess that takes a lot of cleanup time.
k45 do u like the brush monster ? does it do good work? im looking at that and i found one called the land/ground shark i think might do the job but a little pricy have you done a lot of work w/ it. just asking is it worth having ? you should b able to get jobs and use it rt?
I am satisfied with it. There are various different designs, some designed only to work flat on the ground. The Brush Monster isn't like that. It can be tilted down in front to take saplings off at (or below) ground level. It can be raised up in the front to trim branches or higher stuff. Be extremely cautious when lifting it if you do not have a demolition door. I have actually used it vertically to take down an overhanging limb a dozen feet high (very cautious!) One design feature I do not like about the BM is that there is no "stump jumper" to protect the shaft. Hit something with the shaft and there will be expensive repairs.
I have a diamond mower bush hog, it's pretty impressive. I may part with it, it's basically new but I have two mulchers so I really don't need it. Shoot me a pm
I have a brushcat for my Bobcats. Good mower and will take down 1-3" trees depending on species easily. It will cut a larger pine but hardwoods are tougher. What I have found in my area is I can't be competitive on normal bushhogging jobs with the guys that have a tractor bushhog combo. My rate for a CTL is $85 per hour with a bucket. I need $100 an hour min. with the bushhog but one just can't get that in my area. I regularly cut a property for a developer. The site has some steep slopes and other awkward areas that makes it difficult to cut with a tractor. Other than that I don't do much cutting with the bushhog. I only charge him $85 an hour since he is a big customer and the mowing is one of those jobs you have to do in order to keep the customer happy and the competition away.:cool2 Also you will burn about 20-25% more fuel running a bushhog, something to keep in mind.
I also have a Diamond mower. I like it as well. I use it at times on mulching jobs to clean up tall grass and such, its HD enough that it can do a decent job on smaller material as well.