Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

final decision

marcin ยท 2013-04-16 00:34

After reviewing many different options, and almost going with JD 333D, I have decided to go with the Takeuchi TL12 high flow. I have to thank the users of this forum for pointing my attention to this machine. I demoed different machines and the Takeuchi TL250 was by far the best at digging and pushing dirt. In addition, it appeared to be constructed up to very high quality standards, no cheap plastics inside like inside some of the other units. I would like to start by purchasing some attachments for the machine, namely and auger and root grapple. I have been told that the CID line is very good. What brands would you recommend? What are your opinions of BRADCO attachments? Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Replies7
  1. #1KSSS2013-04-16 00:50

    Nice machine! I like Bradco buckets. I have an extend lip version low profile and standard lip version low profile. Both of these I can see the cutting edge from the cab, whatever bucket you get be sure that you can see the cutting edge if your using the bucket for fine grading. Its pretty critical with a tracked machine to get a bucket that is several inches wider (on each side) than the tracks, that keeps the material from being ingested into the tracks (for the most part). I like Lowe Post Hole augers. I have a 1650 E that I bought in 1995 and its dug a lot of holes in tough, rocky ground and has never skipped a beat. As to grapple buckets, I have a Virnig (Scrape grapple HD) and a Quick Attach (Saber Tine). Both are good buckets, well built. Good luck with your TK.

  2. #2Steve Frazier2013-04-16 04:02

    I've got a Bradco 611 hoe that hasn't given me a bit of trouble except a blown line in the 12 years I've owned it. The Ford 445 where I worked was fitted with one as well, and again, no problems with it. They seem to make quality attachments. I also have a number of Quick Attach attachments that have served me well. Good quality, fair price and good people to deal with. They have a large selection of attachments as well.

  3. #3StumpyWally2013-04-16 17:54

    Marcin: I have a Bradco Signature Series pallet fork (model 16870) w/ 2-48" 5,500#/pair forks, & I would recommend it. It has a full brick guard, w/ top ends sloped at 45 degrees (so you don't get hung on the corner getting in/out of machine), an integral welded step on the left (you can specify it on the right if your door opens right, or get a matching one to weld on the other side, as I did), & an integral heavy shackle in the middle for attaching chains, etc. to pull things. It's all welded & built heavy & rugged. Bradco is part of Paladin. I have an Erskine snow blade (which you probably don't need where you are), but I like the way the product is built. Erskine is the dealer side of Quick Attach, which deals direct. They are the same company & products, & I would recommend them. Although I haven't bought one yet, IF you're interested in adding a single grapple to your pallet forks, I would recommend the CFP product from Cotech in Canada. Even though it's relatively expensive ($1,100), I think it's the best design & build out there. Of course a full root or brush grapple is better, but it's more than I need.

  4. #4KSSS2013-04-16 20:48

    I have snapped two tines on Bradco pallet forks. Always in the same spot where the bracket is wielded to the fork.

  5. #5JCBiron2013-04-17 18:24

    KSSS, I am surprised at that....JCB and Case both use Paladin/Bradco as their OEM suppliers and we have had great luck with their forks (both the 5500lb. JCB's and the 4000lb. Case's)....

  6. #6KSSS2013-04-17 21:09

    Yea it was done setting really large rocks, I was using the 465. I think for most normal tasks there fine, but they dont seem to hold up well to the more demanding tasks. At least not for me.

  7. #7barklee2013-04-17 22:05

    We (used) to have a set of Bradco pallet forks....... They were laid to rest by a D-6 dozer last fall. Even after that they were still usable, bent just about everything but the forks and the guide they ride on....... Still sold them for $300 even as destroyed as they were I dont know who makes Cat attachments but they are very well built. We have rented the broom, harley rake, and road planner and all were excellent.