Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bushing removal on Backhoe

33horse ยท 2007-11-12 07:28

I have replaced most all Bushings and Pins on Backhoes, but now I am faced with separating a backhoe boom from my Tractor to replace the Swing Tower Bushings and Pins on a Case 580SK. I need some ideas on how this can be done safely. I already know I'll be removing the swing cylinders and hoses. I have had thoughts of extending the backhoe parallel to the ground with the bucket and dipper in a hole to somewhat keep it stable and take the weight off the tractor end. Your ideas will be very appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1thehose2007-11-12 08:44

    I've seen this done but never done it myself. You are really on the right track. The boom and crowd have to be laid out. This shop backed the hoe in and under a hoist. They chained down the crowd just to help prevent tippin/rocking. Then used to hoist to hold the boom and relieve weight pressure.