Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bushing repair or replace?

sierradmax ยท 2016-09-22 12:35

The lift arm bushings where the cylinders attach have worn down to an egg shape on my S-175. I talked to a company that welds/line bors and they can't accommodate that size. So, looks like new bushings are the only option. How hard is it to replace these?

Replies6
  1. #1lantraxco2016-09-22 16:22

    Pictures, dimensions?

  2. #2sierradmax2016-09-22 21:02
  3. #3RayF2016-09-22 21:03

    Yes.pics and dimensions are good. If its to small for a line boring machine there are still some options for a good job. You can plug weld the bores then drill and ream with a mag based drill. There is always a way.

  4. #4sierradmax2016-09-23 06:55

    I never thought of that and I have a Hougen mag drill that accepts up to a 1-3/8" cutter.

  5. #5kshansen2016-09-23 08:00

    Not sure on that machine but the old 743 BobCat we had at work some of the bushings like that were available as a separate part. Carefully cut out the weld and then weld in the new bushings. I guess if one has access to a lathe it would not be hard to make up some of your own to replace the worn ones. If going that route maybe rough finish the bore a little small and use the mag drill to "linebore" them to finished size?

  6. #6sierradmax2016-09-23 09:18

    One could easily cut out the old and weld the new outside bushing but the inside bushing, I'm scratching my head. I can't see how I could get a cut off wheel and a mig gun to weld the new bushing.