Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Buttons

cuttin edge · 2025-05-30 10:44

anyone know if you can buy these buttons. The push buttons not the rockers. The complete unit is 6000 bucks

Replies15
  1. #1Nige2025-05-30 10:54

    Are you talking about the switches themselves or just the silicone buttons on top.?

  2. #2cuttin edge2025-05-30 11:27

    Both. There is another button on the front. I double click it to change modes between grader and loader. The oil in my skin must degrade the rubber. The rubber came off, and the internal button and spring fell out. There is a button on the dash. But I am constantly changing modes

  3. #3Nige2025-05-30 11:54

    Best I can suggest is to look at the web site for Otto Controls. They make switches for most of the major equipment manufacturers - https://www.otto-controls.com/

  4. #4cuttin edge2025-05-30 12:16

    Thanks, I will

  5. #5Welder Dave2025-05-30 19:27

    Seems pretty poor quality if the oil in your skin deteriorates the rubber.

  6. #6cuttin edge2025-05-30 21:24

    That's just a guess cause I have no idea what would do it. Our L45 Volvo loader has a similar joystick, and all the rubber button tops are gone off it. This one came apart last fall, but I happened to catch the internals, and put tape over it. Parts not available, and whole unit is 6 grand. Tape came off today, and I lost the guts. Only other option is to swap buttons. The one on the left is for blade float which I will never use. Not having it has made me realize how many times a day I switch modes

  7. #7cuttin edge2025-05-30 21:29

    I took it apart today, and it's like a bunch of phone lines. All the wires on the rocker switches are white, and the push buttons are blue. I would have to wait until I have down time. I used my afternoon break to take a peak, but no time for surgery

  8. #8CM19952025-05-30 21:35

    Not really. We have the same issues with joystick buttons as the equipment racks up the hours. Everything has a lifetime.

  9. #9Labparamour2025-05-30 21:58

    Treemuncher had a great thread about casting his own, more durable buttons because of similar issues. HeavyEquipmentForums

  10. #1092U 34062025-05-30 22:12

    What about an aftermarket joystick? No idea if that'd be a more cost effective route? Electronics by Bailey | Custom Joysticks & Electronic Controls Explore Bailey’s electronic solutions, including joysticks, handles, and controllers. Trusted by OEMs for reliable solutions and expert support. Shop now! baileyelectronics.com

  11. #11materthegreater2025-05-30 22:46

    Those look like Rexroth buttons and rockers. I've tried for months to get ahold of them to see if I can buy anything from them but keep getting ignored or passed off to a "distributor partner" in my area but haven't had any luck getting them to follow through either.

  12. #12materthegreater2025-05-30 22:48

    Good luck getting a response from Sure Grip. I've tried getting a quote from them for months and no follow through. I just don't understand why these companies don't want to take my money. I guess they only want to sell to large customers or something.

  13. #13Welder Dave2025-05-30 23:58

    It seems like the switches shouldn't go bad just because the rubber cover deteriorated. I'm liking my older equipment more all the time when I read about weird problems with newer machines.

  14. #14cuttin edge2025-05-31 07:05

    The dealer for the machine is useless. Company still can't get paperwork to register and license the machine. I took it upon myself a few times to e mail the factory and they are always helpful

  15. #15heymccall2025-05-31 07:56

    Google shows them.