Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Buyer of used JCB parts, please be careful.

clennon ยท 2013-12-30 15:00

Hey Folks, Someone on the forum had recommended a place to get used JCB backhoe parts from a gentleman in UK, I think he goes by the nickname "Dirt Doctor". I'll call him Lee. (I know his name but I don't want to use it.) I had ordered a hydraulic foot valve from Lee a few months back for my JCB 214-4 and paid him for the valve. He sent me the wrong valve even though I sent him the machine VIN number. Now he refuses to send me the right valve even though I offered to pay for the return of the wrong one. So, he took my money and I have no part . The reason for this post is not to "grind an ax" with Lee but to warn others to be careful if you choose to do business with him. I already got burned and I didn't want others to be burned. Thanks for listening. If I broke an forum rules here, please remove my post and I will be more careful in the future.

Replies3
  1. #1tctractors2013-12-31 02:32

    Sorry to hear of your parts trouble clennon with a U.K. supply, their is a "Digger Doctor" with adverts in a few mags although I have never had any dealings with this listing, what I do have just local to me is 2 of the best JCB parts and service outlets in the U.K. these are family run dealers that live off the service they provide that is A1, often when ordering a part from a distant location I back things up with a picture of the item, anyhow lets hope your Axe grinding is done, if it helps in any way in the future I would be happy to sort any inquiry you have for parts that you are unable to locate in the U.S. just do the P.M. thing and I can offer you the contact details or sort over the counter at these outlets the item/s you are stuck for, so this should save you a good bit of "Drama" and ensure you get the correct lump in the post. tctractors

  2. #2clennon2013-12-31 06:49

    Yes, you are correct. The gentleman goes by "Digger Doctor". My mistake. Not sure why he took my money and didn't send the part. In fact, I did send him a picture. What we are looking for is the valve that is controlled by the foot pedal in the rear of a JCB 214-4 backhoe which controls the extension and contraction of the stick/boom. The VIN number is SLP214TC4U0904611 and I can send you a picture of the valve. Thank you for your kind offer. Let me know if you may be able to find this valve used. Thank you for your reply.

  3. #3Fortin2014-01-01 23:31

    Noted thanks for informing everybody