Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Buying a ’98 Terex TB60 aerial lift with control issues

hellspcangel911 · 2019-06-19 22:13

Hi All, Im looking at buying this tb60 lift for completing some projects around my house, including building a barn. Its in pretty good shape overall, has the cummins motor with about 4500 hours on it and the 8ft basket. everything works on it as it should except you cannot lower and raise the boom from the basket, so basically it takes two people to use it. I'm being told by the seller they had someone look at it and the Digital Multiplex Receiver, part 601225, $2200 should fix it. I am seeing mixed reviews on these lifts and prices all over the place. I like that its got the cumins and the rest of the lift looks good. How likely is it that the receiver board is bad and would fix the issue? is there an underlining issue that would generally cause the board to go bad in the first place? Are there cheaper alternatives, paying $2200 on top of the $7000 for the machine.... I found a post where the user had theirs fixed for $700 by http://www.providenceindustrial.com/support.php Lastly, Is this a part that i could install myself (mechanic) or does it require the Optimizer or other specialty tools to install. Thanks!

Replies6
  1. #1skata2019-06-20 00:17

    buy this instead https://newlondon.craigslist.org/hvo/d/canterbury-1997-jlg-600s-man-lift/6899570913.html

  2. #2hellspcangel9112019-06-20 09:21

    Skata, thanks for the link, I reached out a few times and havent heard back from the seller. Why is the JLG a better machine? I know the seller of the Terex through a friend so theres at least some level of familiarity over buying blind on CL. My goal is to have the machine for a few years then sell it without losing more than it would have cost to rent it several times. thanks!

  3. #3skata2019-06-21 00:42

    isnt that terex the old simon man lifts company? and they stopped making them. so i'd imagine support and parts would be hard to come by. also resale wont be good.

  4. #4hellspcangel9112019-06-21 09:20

    Yes it is the old Simon lifts. From what I’ve seen they are better built than the JLG, and in this price range if it’s running and operable the price wont drop too far... so it’s really a matter of how costly it is to keep it up and running....which comes back to these electronic controllers.

  5. #5danno11002024-02-15 17:08

    any luck with this? I’m having some of the same issues. Did this board resolve your issue?

  6. #6hellspcangel9112024-02-15 19:47

    Wish I had some guidance, but I ended up buying a bucket truck instead and it’s been amazing. The seller ended up Selling the terex for more than I would have been willing to pay anyway. When I was still evaluating the purchase I thought about just running standalone controllers and ditching their stock board- I still think that’s the way to Go and you could easily make the unit remote controlled, check out https://summit-hydraulics.com/produ...I1zJUFtGOLTSoLdxV-bz_Sk9MToD2lmxoCW9UQAvD_BwE for more ideas