So I am thinking about buying this 8230 Terex I believe that’s what it is the gentleman‘s on it for a long time undercarriage is pretty good been sitting for about five years what should I look for after sitting for that long don’t know much about these bulldozers I know it’s got an Allison automatic in it I believe and a 671 Detroit any advice would be appreciated also does anyone know where the transmission dipstick is located
Make sure the you have something to block the air intake in a hurry when you try to start the engine. Don't want a run away on your new dozer. There are some more experienced people that can help with a pre starting checklist for a Detroit. Check all fluid levels, etc. The best thing is to pay someone familiar with heavy equipment to do an inspection. The casting number in the pic. is not the serial number. If you can find a serial number, I can tell the year it was made.
Ok thanks
Would you know where the serial number is on this machine
Not sure. I just have a little book with serial numbers.