Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Buying Advice?

BenjaminPQ ยท 2016-03-07 01:28

Looking to buy a decent size 4x4 backhoe for clearing some forest and other odd jobs on my property. I can sped 10 to 15k. I would like to get a good deal so I can sell it for close to what I bought it for in a year. Where is the best place to look? Craigslist? Auctions? Dealer?

Replies3
  1. #1NH575E2016-03-07 09:05

    Don't buy one you can't check out in person. I would stick with a model you have a local dealer for just in case you need them. These are both mistakes I made.

  2. #2BenjaminPQ2016-03-07 10:29

    How many hours are too many?

  3. #3DualsportWA2016-03-08 23:35

    I was in the same exact place 2 years ago - bought a 1987 Case 580K (early 580K - easier to fix), 4x4, extendahoe, no leaks- 7200 hours, $12,000. I've had to fix some things, but it's been a good hoe. Thread: HeavyEquipmentForums