Hi guys, have been looking at a 310 or 410 G-J series (mostly budget) for a property work. What are the reasons to go with G vs J vs K series? I understand 410’s are closed center so that’s a plus. Are there more issues with some models vs others? I hear the TMC variants on the J & K can be expensive to diagnose and fix. Are the emissions, like Tier 4 better than Tier 3? Or is it worth going with a G/SG in lieu of parts availability? Just looking for any and all feedback as I search. The “L” models could be an option through United Rentals but don’t think I want to go that route. Thanks in advance.
Welcome! I have the 310E. Once I got the initial trans being worn out sorted, it has been flawless. This E was the last one made that wasn't computer controlled. A good friend near me has the 310G and he has recently replaced the ECM and injection pump. Those were expensive. Have you owned a backhoe before? These can be expensive to own. Sometimes it makes more sense to rent.