Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Buying containers in the northeast

antnyk ยท 2008-10-16 21:05

Can anyone suggest a good (and cheap) manufacturer of open top containers for a roll off in the New York metro area? Maybe even a portal where I can find some decent shape used ones. I am looking for 40CY and 20CY.Thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1CM19952008-10-16 21:23

    Check this out http://www.thehauler.com/action.las...toVendor::AdvRegion=Eastern+US&-search=SEARCH I was looking through the Hauler magazine today and they had some used 40's for sale, the price was $2-3K each. We recently purchased 5 20's from Florida at a very good price, 2 years old and less than 1/2 the cost of new.

  2. #2tonka2008-10-16 21:32

    Try new jersey rail carriers www.newjerseyrail.com they have a ton of them.

  3. #3antnyk2008-10-16 22:35

    Thanks guys. This site is great. I found a few nice listings on the hauler and I am going to call them along with NJ rail in the morning. I saw a couple of 50 yard cans for sale. Anyone ever try these? Are they not to tall? Top heavy? Bridge clearances? I am looking to cart my own C&D from full house demos. I am getting tired of trying to squeeze in a 100 yard trailer into the site and have live loading while the driver tries to tell me how to load it. I might add that the drivers are usually late. Thanks again guys.

  4. #4tonka2008-10-17 17:39

    oh i read your 1st post wrong you want roll off cans, i tought you just wanted open top cans sorry!