Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Buying Equipment

psmith ยท 2010-12-17 10:43

It seems that no matter when or how I look for equipment the deals are never near me. They seem to be in VA, PA, or TX for the most part and the same equipment near me here in MO is 30 or 40% higher. I'm wondering if this is just my perception, does anyone feel like they live in the "good deal zone"? Or is it a grass is always greener on the other side problem? From where I stand if you need heavy equipment and you live in PA you are hooked up on good deals. Just wondering what other people think.

Replies4
  1. #1Fred from MO2010-12-17 11:23

    Things seam to be a little higher here I noticed. Don't know why, except for our mining industry is long gone due to the nations requirement for low sulfer western coal. Missouri used to be quite the coal producer not too long ago...

  2. #2ScottAR2010-12-17 12:55

    It seems that the farther north you go, the higher the price gets. Machines south of me seem to be some cheaper depending on the machine.

  3. #3stumpjumper832010-12-17 13:54

    I have found deals in pa, md, ny, and pretty much all over. You just have to keep you eyes open, go to auctions, and talk to people.

  4. #4AmerIndependent2010-12-17 14:35

    Has anybody else noticed that machine prices are starting to climb again? We buy machines mainly for parts and aren't getting the same deals we were a couple years ago.