I found some solenoids for a hyd. valve that I'm pretty sure will work for me. The price was too good to pass up $8.10us/ea. so I ordered 2. New OEM solenoids are over $500cad. With priority USPS shipping comes to $68.40us. My final cost was $96.52cad. I'm getting them for less a tenth of buying OEM but still ridiculous for a couple parts that are less than $20us.
My wife buys stuff from the around the world. Some things show up with a bill for duty, PST and GST (sales taxes) and service fee of $10 for collecting same. Other stuff just shows up with no taxes or duty. No rhyme or reason to what gets charged.
At least they ship USPS so there shouldn't be additional charges. Fed-Ex charges additional brokerage and other fee's. I've got items delivered by UPS with no add on too. I saw the same solenoid from other vendors for $20us and $63us so still getting a great deal.
I went to a Parker distributor today to see if they had any old manuals or part number crosses for the solenoids. They didn't have any documents but ran some part numbers in their system. The numbers on the coils I had didn't come up but the number on the ones I ordered did. It's still a valid Parker number. The guy said Parker is famous for superceding part numbers. Anyway there is a min. 30 day wait and the US retail price is around $660.00 so Canadian price would be over $900.00 each!!! For about $50.00 each I practically stole them. I guess in a way it justifies the OEM price at over $500 each.
Pics? Part numbers?
These are the solenoid coils I ordered for $8.10/ea. US. The 6034170L8 is a valid Parker part number for a solenoid coil for MV series valves (CO7-12-TE). Only difference from original Champion grader part is these use a stud connection for the power wire and the original use a spade connector. Bottom link is the OEM style. I didn't have that number to see if it was still current. I might have ordered the OEM style (CO7-12-TD) but I needed 2 and they only list one. It's a blessing in disguise though because of the huge price difference. Changing the wire connector ends couldn't be easier. 3rd link shows the OEM style so may still be a valid part number which works out to $556.92cad. before shipping and duty, etc. OEM locally would be a little cheaper once shipping was added. New 6034170L8 Parker C07-12-TE Coil MV4 | eBay Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for New 6034170L8 Parker C07-12-TE Coil MV4 at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products! www.ebay.com NEW Parker 6034160 Solenoid COIL; C07-12-TD | eBay Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for NEW Parker 6034160 Solenoid COIL; C07-12-TD at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products! www.ebay.com https://www.applied.com/c-parker-hannifin-corp-/6034160l8/071-C07-12-TD-COIL-MV4/p/101439281
That extra $30 is for that free health care all you enjoy bragging about up there in Canukistan. On every single thing you buy. Joe H
...AND THE SMOKE YOU'VE BEEN SENDING US ALL...COUGH COUGH. Don't y'all know how to put out a fire ?
I probably could have saved a bunch getting it shipped regular post. Putting out fires isn't the problem. Trying to put out hundreds of fires at the same time is. It doesn't help when some idiots are stealing fire pumps, hoses and other fire fighting equipment.
If you are low income, Canadian healthcare is great. I can go to my Dr anytime. He had ordered me a cardiogram a couple months ago (have yet to receive notice to go) Discovered the problem was something else. He said I might as well go if they ever call, it doesn't cost you anything. I pay about 14% in provincial income tax. I think something like 28% of all tax revenue goes to healthcare. Wait times are long though. My brother's mother in law waited over a year for a valve job. The owner of the company I work for says he pays around 45% tax. He has spinal stenosis. Drs here pretty much told him to go lay down and die. He found a Dr in Florida. Said not a problem, come on down. He checked him out, and said it was complicated, but doable. There was a small chance of paralasis, but there is always risk (sign this waver) Boss figured a year wait, Dr said how about Thursday. He said the Dr's bill was only around $7000. But the hospital bill was like $94,000, and then 3 months later they sent him another bill for over $40,000 for fees. That one is in court.
All your X-rays, CT scans and even MRI's, if you require them are covered to. Hospital and cancer Institute stays are also covered. Extra costs bringing items from the US to Canada is just greed and not really related to free healthcare. The so called free trade agreement is a farce for Canada. I'm still glad to have the free healthcare though. I'm part of a trial for a cancer drug so get it no cost. If I had to pay the pills are $400/ea. I'd have been bankrupt a long time ago if I had to pay. Over $100K just for that medication and counting.
Oh I'm not complaining. I'm under $90,000 a year, so I'm in a lower income tax bracket, but here in NB, your wait times are long unless it's life or death. My mother said when my oldest sister was born, it cost them $94.00 Not sure what it would cost today if we had to pay. There are a lot of cancer drugs that are not covered. They have fund raisers here all the time for people undergoing cancer treatments. Another big uncovered expense is diabetic meds. I think there are private charities that supply insulin pumps for children in lower income families.