Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bypassing the rear controls

no1highpockets ยท 2024-08-02 19:48

Hey..New guy. Thanks for the add ! I have a case 580b that has a cracked boom cylinder and I need to use the loader. Has anyone ever bypassed the rear controls ? And where might a guy find a cylinder near Central ohio? Thanks!

Replies7
  1. #1Tyler d4c2024-08-02 20:20

    Lock the boom up and cap the lines for that cylinder

  2. #2stinky642024-08-03 09:58

    Don't know if B is the same but C has quick connects for the hoe.

  3. #3CM19952024-08-03 10:03

    Welcome to the Forums HP! Glad to have you. My dad's nickname is High-pockets. BTW - what Tyler said.

  4. #4Tinkerer2024-08-03 12:13

    Welcome to HEF, HP ! It will probably be several hundred dollars cheaper to have hydraulic cylinder repair shop make a new barrel rather than buy another complete cylinder. It is a routine job for them. And they can put new seals in it when they do it. If you bought a used cylinder the chances are that it will need to be resealed also.

  5. #5HarleyHappy2024-08-04 09:58

    You could check around for close to you bone yards and CL and FB Market place. We just had a guy here local to me on CL, part out a Case B and he had a fair amount of the cylinders. Right now we have a listing on a guy with cylinders off a C.

  6. #6no1highpockets2024-08-04 21:06

    I will check into that. Thanks. I figured a used cylinder would be cheaper even if I had to repack it myself. But this is my first go round with dealing with hyd. Cyl. So I know nothing ! One of the boom cylinder leaks badly and the other is cracked. I will cap the lines until I can fix them. At least I will be able to use the loader. I appreciate all the replies..

  7. #7Welder Dave2024-08-06 03:13

    Check for dismantled machines on Machinery Trader.