I'm looking at a 2004 Kenworth with a C-13 and I can't find any info on the engine. This is the serial number given to me 1XKDDU9XP4J975520. Theres no plate anywhere I could find on the engine with any information. Anybody know where I could find info on it?
There are six different prefixes of C-13 on-highway engines.......... The chances are it is a KCB-prefix. If someone with access to the Kenworth system can get an engine Serial Number from the VIN Number then I can find the details of the engine that was originally installed in it. HOWEVER - after 16 years there is always the possibility that the engine is now different to what was originally installed on the truck when it left the factory. The fact that you can't find a Serial Number plate on the block or a sticker on the valve cover would indicate that is a distinct possibility.
thanks Nige.