Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

C-15 safety recall.

RobVG ยท 2009-08-19 23:10

Had to send four of our Kenworths back for a safety recall. They replaced the VVA oil supply line. There was a truck in our area that burned to the ground because of the defect. Funny thing is, I was watching Ice Road Truckers and the guy Alex was running with lost oil pressure. I think it was a Cat and it looked like that oil line blew- all over the exhaust side. Anyway if you have any twin turbo C-15's you might want to look for the recall notice.

Replies6
  1. #1Kgmz2009-08-22 02:11

    Thanks for the heads up. I have not heard about this. Am getting ready to take it in for service anyway, just waiting for the check engine light to come on again so I can drive it in with the light on. Last time I took it in they say no codes so don't know why it came on, and of course the light resets if you shut it down and restart.

  2. #2Dualie2009-08-22 03:43

    You can "Snap shot" the ECM parameters when something funky happens if you quickly press the cruise set and resume one after each other on the rocker. Its described in the cat manual.

  3. #3RobVG2009-08-29 15:29

    Haven't had an itermittent light yet. The ones sofar have just been falty sensors. Didn't know about the "Snapshot". I'll have to check that out.

  4. #495zIV2009-10-02 16:47

    5 of our trucks run the C-15 and I did a search on it and found this site and info on the recall: http://www.totalrecallinfo.com/freerecalls.php?id=11375

  5. #5Muffler Bearing2009-10-05 07:02

    thanks for the post, I will check mine out.

  6. #6Kgmz2009-10-06 12:38

    Thanks for the link. Still haven't taken mine in, been too busy.