Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

C.A.V. injection pump governor spring hole location

Eric Forstrom · 2023-08-28 22:59

Hey all, I am resealing the injection pump on my basket case (but it's getting better) JD 310d backhoe. Yes, I know that it's not the right engine for the backhoe. The injection pump is a C.A.V. RotoDiesel and here is a picture of the ID plate. The spring was in location code 4, and I'm not sure this was correct? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, ERic

Replies5
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-08-29 00:52

    The pumpguy can probably help you.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2023-08-30 10:06

    Yup.. I did Dave..

  3. #3Eric Forstrom2023-08-30 11:22

    Thanks for the help fellas. Will let you know how the reseal went.

  4. #4Welder Dave2023-08-30 17:43

    I'm curious what the different spring positions do. Are they for different governed speeds or something? If an engine is moved from 1 type of machine to a different type should the spring position be changed or it's best to change it? Like if an engine off a constant speed generator was put in a tractor that ran at different speeds?

  5. #5thepumpguysc2023-08-31 18:36

    It’s all figured out by people A LOT smarter than me.. It’s for different speeds and torque curves..and different applications.. U can have 1 pump that will go on 3-4 different applications with different spring codes..