I have a 2010 C13 industrial engine, SN LGK15881 iirc Laid down a code the other day. CAT tech came out and said it was because the ECU had lost some data. He said this can happen when the ECU is on its way out. He reprogrammed it and said if it happens again, then start to worry So, before it takes a dump permanently, I think I should start looking for a new ECU. Any chance of finding it not from CAT, something good, but cheaper? Thanks for your help Ken
I don't necessarily agree with him that if a piece of data gets lost it is a sign the ECM is on its way out, but I#m sure he has his reasons. Depends how important the engine is to you. TBH I'd wait for it to fail then go for a Reman unit. If you post the P/N of the eixsting ECM I can probably find a Reman Part Number for it. Maybe someone can suggest good aftermarket sources.
I'm going to touch base with the tech and CAT to confirm part num...
Ecu reman parts number from cat is 20r-2182 Fault came back this morning
20R-2182 comes back as a D10T hydraulic fan pump. Methinks you have the number wrong. I don't know if any of our Canadian members has a lead to a company that repairs ECMs..?
Try 255-5285
255-5285 services to 262-2879. Correct Reman for either of those OEM numbers was originally 10R-5643 but was later replaced by 10R-5648. I'm showing prices in the region of US$1470 + $475 Core Deposit. That would be a blank ECM that would have to be flashed with the appropriate engine software.