Serial BXS37533 Flash code 94 FMI 5 and 7, low current and not responding (cylinder #5) Can someone hook me up with troubleshooting steps? Are they easy to replace? I’m hoping it doesn’t involve removing the whole housing to remove the solenoid. Much appreciated Drew
Flash Code 94 comes up as Fuel Delivery Pressure. I think 2954 is the Code you are looking for. 2954-5 Engine Intake Valve Actuator #5 : Current Below Normal - Troubleshooting, "Variable Valve Actuator - Test" 2954-7 Engine Intake Valve Actuator #5 : Not Responding Properly - Troubleshooting, "Variable Valve Actuator Response - Test" See attached.
They are not that difficult to replace. We have few MXS C15s, and the VVAs were driving me nuts! It would be good thing to have ET program with diagnostic adapter, that would make the troubleshooting easier.
It could be the plug that plugs into the actuator solenoid not making connection. When the code is active ohm out the circuit for #5 from the bulkhead plug on the valve cover and verify it is open. Then wiggle the plug aroundoaround the solenoid and see what happens. You can replace just the plug with a kit that cat sells if that's the problem. It can be a sign the wiring harness is failing. I have never changed a solenoid, it has always been the plug that has caused those codes for me. I have changed the whole wiring harness under the valve cover when the same truck gets 2 or 3 of those within a few months, that solves it.