Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

C232 bucket won’t sit flat on the ground

UpNorth Mini Excavating · 2024-08-22 18:20

2011 c232 with 1922 hours, the back of the bucket will not touch the ground. It does have the smallest loader stop on. Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

Replies22
  1. #1Tags2024-08-22 18:32

    Attachment plate on the bucket or coupler worn?

  2. #2Oxbow2024-08-22 19:21

    The rams aren't bottomed out. Is there an auto return - to - level option on that machine ?

  3. #3UpNorth Mini Excavating2024-08-22 19:43

    To be completely honest, I’m not sure. How could I tell?

  4. #4Tyler d4c2024-08-22 19:44

    Has it ever set level Coupler maybe wrong height on bucket to ever set flat not all are the same there's no standard of coupler height

  5. #5UpNorth Mini Excavating2024-08-22 19:53

    I bought it used and it has never set level since I’ve had it. It did with a new holland bucket and that bucket won’t set flat either.

  6. #6Oxbow2024-08-22 20:23

    I am not familiar with your machine at all but I thought that perhaps one could set the bucket to kick out level like bigger loaders, and they are (anymore) adjustable. I gather it won't curl back after loading the bucket then? I don't think I can be of much help as I'm really not too familiar with skid steers.

  7. #7Cliffy2024-08-23 04:54

    Its your bucket. The mount is welded too low. Boom is bottoming out before bucket heal touches ground. Time to visit your local welding shop or sell the bucket and buy one that fits.

  8. #8Cliffy2024-08-23 05:00

    Or, totally remove undercarriage and drive motors. use oxy and slot all the mounts vertically about 4 inches. Then remount undercarriage 4 inches higher. Problem solved.

  9. #9KSSS2024-08-23 22:29

    Are you sure that you have the smallest stop on it? I believe there are three different sized stops. If you don't mind posting a pic of your stops with the bucket up, I would like to see it.

  10. #10UpNorth Mini Excavating2024-08-25 15:10

    These are the 40mm the smallest my dealer said they had.

  11. #11KSSS2024-08-25 18:30

    Yea they are wrong, thats one of the tallest mounts. I suspected that, the shortest one is about 1/3rd of that size. That may be the smallest they had but not the size you need.

  12. #12UpNorth Mini Excavating2024-08-25 19:18

    Would you happen to have a part# for one? I’ve been looking online and that’s the only one I can find. Thanks

  13. #13KSSS2024-08-25 21:42

    I just went to the shop to look to see if I had any spares and I don't. However, I have a SV340 with 14X17.5 tires. So it sits up high. I have pucks on that machine that are only like an inch or so in height. When I go to the dealer to get replacements, I have multiple choices. I don't know why that is the only one that shows up, but there are clearly more options.

  14. #14UpNorth Mini Excavating2024-08-26 04:32

    Can I ask which dealer you use? Thanks

  15. #15UpNorth Mini Excavating2024-08-26 12:47

    Just called numerous dealers and nobody has a clue about anything smaller than 40mm. Problem is they look it up by machine and the only option is 40mm. If anyone knows where I can get smaller ones, I’m all ears. Thanks.

  16. #16DDoug2024-08-26 13:04

    Isn't hockey season starting up ?

  17. #17UpNorth Mini Excavating2024-08-26 13:26

    Haha already tried that. Lasted a couple of weeks and the hockey puck cracked and came apart.

  18. #18DDoug2024-08-26 13:31

    Tire tread, cut them, and stack them for the height you want.

  19. #19KSSS2024-08-26 21:19

    I will make a call to Titan Equipment here in Idaho Falls in AM

  20. #20heymccall2024-08-26 21:33

    I suppose the real question is, does the bucket drop enough with NO bumper in there?

  21. #21KSSS2024-08-27 14:42

    OK, I was wrong.....there are 4 choices. 23 mm part number 84306049, 40mm 84306051 (which it sounds like you have, 50 mm 84306052, and a 63 mm 84306053. The price range from $30 to $35 I know you didn't need the info on the larger ones but for anyone else looking, I gave the info on all of them. These are CASE part numbers.

  22. #22UpNorth Mini Excavating2024-09-01 16:11

    Awesome! I have a couple ordered. Thank you!