Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 323E No start

MWM5263 · 2024-08-23 09:41

ID Number 1T0323EKCHJ308568 The skid steer was running and working perfectly. I go out to it the next morning and push the start button, enter the user code, then push the start button to start. Nothing happens, I see on the display to lower lap bar. This is different but ok, I lower the lap bar and push start. Nothing happens. Then I noticed that the seatbelt and lap bar warning lights were still on even though I lowered the bar. My first thought was that maybe it blew a fuse, so I started looking for a fuse panel. As far as I can tell this machine does not have a fuse panel, it just has random fuses here and there. I even raised the cab to get a better look at everything, still have not found a fuse panel. The only thing that I have found is a box with 12 relays. I bought a manual for the machine and there seems to be just relays no fuse panel. Any help would be great.

Replies6
  1. #1JL Sargent2024-08-23 16:04

    Welcome to HEF! I would start at the switches for the lap bar and the seatbelt. Might be dirt, loose connection, a bad switch, just for starters. We have others here that will know more about it. Good luck.

  2. #2MWM52632024-08-23 18:16

    Thank you for the reply. I actually found the fuses and had two of them blown. One blew because of me testing wires and accidentally shorting it out. Replaced the two fuses and so far so good. Back to working perfectly again.

  3. #3mg23612024-08-24 06:48

    Welcome to HEF MWM5263 ! Seat bar and the lights on the instrument panel do not affect start up. Does the instrument panel say "Remote Start" when trying to start? Any other messages appear when pushing the start button?

  4. #4MWM52632024-08-24 08:50

    Thank you for your reply. Yes I know that the seat belt and lap bar doesn’t have anything to do with starting. But the fact that the lights didn’t go out when engaged made me think there was a blown fuse. I finally found the fuses and there was a blown fuse. Machine is working perfectly now.

  5. #5Patagonian Cat2025-09-18 13:51

    hola MG2361, que hacer si aparece el mensage"rem start activated"? gracias

  6. #6mg23612025-09-21 07:31

    Forum rules state all posts are to be in english. Translation: Hi MG2361, what should I do if the message "rem start activated" appears? Thanks. Check these diodes in the fuse box.