Hey everyone, I have a 2011 C232 wide track machine with 1860 hours. I noticed that it is losing power and losing oil also. No leaks on the machine that I have found. No excessive blow by. I looked at the turbo on the intake side with nothing found. Turbo fins are tight. No smoke coming out the exhaust. I installed a new electric fuel pump with no change. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
The losing oil part, I cannot help with, but, if this is the water separator, the Oring to the WIF sensor has been known to be omitted during service, and the top comes off, allowing debris (restriction) removal. We talk about that here... HeavyEquipmentForums
It doesn’t have the same setup as you are speaking of unfortunately.
Does anyone know what the part is that I have circled? I know its a part on top of the injection pump but not sure what its for. The line going to that slides in and out and I'm not sure if that is my power loss problem? Thanks
"The AFC valve (also called a boost-pressure-enrichment device)". As intake air pressure rises (boost), that pipe allows the air pressure to push a diaphragm that, in turn, increases fuel delivery or advance, or both.
Great, thank you! There is a round button on top of the valve. Should it be loose? Any more info on how to test this valve?
Alright so I have eliminated the external oil filter along with the external oil drain plug. When climbing an incline, the machine bogs down and there is a smell of diesel/oil maybe coming from the exhaust. It doesnt have any smoke coming out of the exhaust. Can't quite put my finger on it. Can it be that my turbo could be going bad? The prop is spinning but I'm not sure if its actually working properly. I checked the intake side and found no oil and found the prop to be tight. I'm kinda looking for my next avenue to check. I figure if it was an injector it would probably spit and sputter along with smoke from the exhaust.
Low power with lack of smoke usually means low fuel supply pressure.
I couldnt agree with you more. It has a new electric fuel pump that was just installed along with all new filters and fluids. Just trying to find another direction to go. Thanks
Boost leakage at the line feeding the AFC will cause that. Actually, any boost leakage will. Fix that line that "slides in and out".
I'm assuming that line must lock into the fitting would be my guess. I'm gonna orders parts to fix it. If you look at my diagram above, line #1 goes into fitting #2 and that is what is sliding in and out. So fitting #2 should probably lock that line in. Thanks
UPDATE: Alright everyone, I fixed the boost leakage and it seems to have more power than before. The one thing that I can't figure out is why its burning oil. No smoke, I don't see any leaking of oil. I checked the inlet and outlet for the turbo and found there just to be soot, no oil. One thing that I do notice is the oil stays really clean in this machine. All of my other machines the oil turns black rather quickly but not this one. The oil stays clean and doesn't turn black at all. The machine starts great, run great except for the oil disappearing. I remove the lines for the remote oil filter and installed the oil filter right on the engine. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks