This is my first post on the forum so my apologies if I screwed up. Have searched this topic with no solution to my problem. I replaced the Detector Relay, both Safety Relays. I grounded out the coolant sensor on my top radiator hose. Grounded out the oil pressure sensor. Plugged in the bypass on rear door. Checked all fused and visual inspection for frayed or bad wires. Machine runs great for 15 min although coolant/oil light and alarm are on. Shuts off and will not start for at least an hour. Starts up and 15 mins, shuts down again. Would love to trace the sensor wires but the harness is sealed up like fort knox and looks immaculate. I have schematic and would run a bypass wire but have no idea what terminals on the relays to run it to. This exact problem was on an old thread but was there was no response. Anyone have a solution? Thanks
I'm not sure how much help I can be but I'll try. With a mechanical diesel engine that is assembled correctly (and yours appears to be if it runs for 15 minutes), all it needs to run is fuel, air and compression. Compression could decrease as an engine heats up but that is measurable when warm and not very likley. Its doubtful you're losing air after 15 minutes but overlook nothing- perhaps checking the intake tract for something amiss might make sense? The most likely cause to me is a fuel issue. These can give you fits. It may be a safety shut off... but maybe not. I'm not aware of any shut off mechanism that is time based (15 minutes does not appear to be related to a factory preset event). When the shut-off and failure to restart occurs, you should be able to verify it is a lack of fuel. Crack an injector line and confirm if lack of fuel is, or is not, the cause. Once you determine why the engine won't run, then you can narrow down where to look and it may not be electrical. I once had a bobcat that would shut down and not restart that drove me nuts. It was loosing fuel and I checked EVERYTHING twice. Out of shear desperation I replaced the entire fuel path from the tank to the engine even though everytime I blew through the line it was clear. It wasn't until I had everything on the bench and tried blowing from the tank pick-up forward (like the fuel flowed) that i found the sudden obstruction. I found that someone had used silicon to seal an elbow at the fuel pick up and the silicon flowed into the line inside the elbow. As load and fuel flow increased that flap would fold up just before the elbow and block fuel flow like a check valve. The point is- don't get too focused on the "alarm" as it MAY not be the source of the shut down. Good lock
This sounds suspiciously like a over temp shutdown. Have you checked the condition of the fan, belts, motor if applicable, radiator core?
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like you have my luck! I was able to get the light to go out simply by disconnecting the oil pressure sensor. Apparently, grounding it out caused the alarm/light to come on and with it disconnected, light stays off. Doesn't make sense to me but it worked. Ran it sitting still for 30 min and no issues. Will take it out for drive soon and post an update. Thanks again.
Takeuchi TL130 shuts off after 15 minutes. Hope this helps someone someday. TL130 is a beast but electronics will drive you nutz!!!
Can't upload a picture but anyone who has a schematic of the relays A-K. I replaced H, J, and K. Also replaced fuel solenoid, feed pump, cleaned tank. Still shut off after 15 minutes. Thanks to a post on this site from July 31, 2015 by GaryHoff under "Takeuchi TL 130, start/no run." I found the problem. The problem is the "Stop Solenoid Relay, labeled C on schematic." It's the small one and can be exchanged with relay A, safety bar relay to test. This drove me crazy for a year. Too afraid some $175 hr hack was going to cut and splice. Finally got it!!!!
Not sure if the TL 130 relay box is in the same location as my tl 140. If so, there is a relay box located just above your toes when seated toward the right side. The relay sometimes sticks and causes the machine to shut down. To fix with out spending a lot of money, kick the box just enough to jar it a little and then try to start. Sometimes it may take a couple of tries. Mine sticks a couple of times a year. A Takeuchi mechanic told me what to do and it works. Don't try to kick it in jus jar it.
Yup, same location. Thank you for the reply. If you scroll up a bit, I found and posted the fix. Thanks.