Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

C232 replacing dipstick tube

UpNorth Mini Excavating · 2024-01-25 16:58

Hey everyone, I got a C232 and I need to replace the dipstick tube. What is the easiest way? The tube is a pretty stout plastic. I tried forcing on the engine side but there are a couple of ribs its needs to go over. I've lubed it and tried alot of things with no success. I've heated it some but it wont go on all the way and wants to bend where it has been heated. Any help would be great. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Arny L2024-01-25 21:35

    Did you say your trying to install it or remove it.

  2. #2UpNorth Mini Excavating2024-01-26 13:01

    I am trying to install it.

  3. #3Arny L2024-01-26 13:24

    If you need it to shrink in size to to fit into block, you could put in freezer for an hour. Thats assuming it needs to shrink. If you’re going over something, which is what it sounds like, then grease and carefully applied heat gun.