Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

C500b/W900b fuel tank mounting?

Hallback ยท 2022-11-08 17:31

I have a 2022 kenworth C 500. The stuff underneath the steps on the passenger side of the truck mysteriously fell off and and I'm going to have to replace it with a 2nd fuel tank. I was wondering if the frame brackets and all of the mounts are the same as a W900 B model? The reason I ask is just the brackets and straps from our local kenworth dealer are over $3500 without a tank. Any part numbers or info is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Replies7
  1. #1Truck Shop2022-11-08 18:28

    A photo would help, KW used pretty much the same J mounts and tank straps on just about everything. Difference would be the tank diameter 23", 24", 26" or 28" x what ever length and that determines the straps and J mounts. Hagerman salvage-Hermiston Or. is a large yard, but the yards have been getting picked clean with people running older trucks.

  2. #2Hallback2022-11-08 18:52

    Thank you! 24.5" diameter & I can fit a 48" long tank.

  3. #3Truck Shop2022-11-08 19:37

    I'm not sure-I think I have a 24"tank 120 gal and straps in the bull pen. I will look tomorrow to see. If so can make you a heck of a deal, other wise those will never be used.

  4. #4Hallback2022-11-08 19:50

    Sounds good to me!

  5. #5cfherrman2022-11-09 08:04

    Good old fashioned weight reduction

  6. #6Truck Shop2022-11-09 11:05

    I've got a tank-but it's banged up/two dents-you don't want that. I do have 6 straps though if you need them. Sorry.

  7. #7Hallback2022-11-09 11:39

    No worries, Thanks buddy!