Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

KW updates

DMiller · 2022-11-11 18:29

Called insurer this morning, just got off phone. Premium will be going up, had it insured since arrived was at $174yr basics should weather or fire or some other nasty have taken it away. New premium $500 deductible Coll and Comp $246yr FULL Coverage where based on repair moneys put in against mfr and model specs retail valuation's it is valued at $65k against total loss. I was somewhat set back in my chair. Does make me happier. Also noted is 1/3 cheaper than my old Ford F250 SD.

Replies430
  1. #1Labparamour2022-11-11 19:03

    That sounds like a deal! I have my old ‘82 Ford 5yd dump and insure through Geico. Not for hire, local use and just for hauling materials for my own use. Went w 1mil liability. $1200/year. I’m happy with that as agent I have car and pickup insured through would only go commercial and be 1200/mo! Best of all, the ‘03 Freightliner I picked up to swap the dump box over to will be same rate!

  2. #2Truck Shop2022-11-11 20:07

    Right now you could ask 65K and get, Value is pretty accurate for what one that year and specs are, rebuilt or not in some cases. Mine was insured as collector/with collector plates, State Farm $52.00 a year and keep mileage under 5K.

  3. #3DMiller2022-11-11 20:20

    Being as on a ‘Farm’, Farm Bureau relates to Primary use, not gonna state primary as RSH hauler!! Can laugh will either have 48 or 54,000 Beyond Local(BL) tags not even to have a DOT number.

  4. #4cfherrman2022-11-12 08:48

    I had my rig insured for damage to the rig at 80k was 2000/yr, I renewed it for this year at 150k and was $3400/yr. It just covered damage or theft to the rig like a fire or if it falls over. It being mobile equipment I can drive it down the road but won't have general liability. I didn't renew that as I'm waiting for my back to be better first.

  5. #5DMiller2022-11-12 10:07

    My tags will run around $900/year for Weight Classification so CAN be legal to operate outside 150mi radius as is of "L" or Local MO Tags or MO "F" or FARM Tag, those are significantly Cheaper, and COULD present the truck into RV Only status but eliminate ANY use as a drayage for ANY task I have at hand on the property which is essentially a AUTO series Tag/license plate. That also requires a Title Reclassification to RV ONLY and lose the value of a Semi Tractor on resale. Insurance is just based as Personal Use, NO Industrial or FOR HIRE value otherwise it does go ballistic.

  6. #656wrench2022-11-12 10:22

    I’ve been with the same company for close to 50 years and every time the rates go up and we shop around they are still the least expensive .

  7. #7_Weldman_2022-11-12 10:26

    I would just tag it for the months you need it, it's what I do with the dump truck. I foreseen by December I won't be driving to town with it by then so tags run out till May/June where I get more.

  8. #8DMiller2022-11-12 12:42

    MO prorates but by Quarter, if license as late as March do not gain much, would have to wait into July to cut by 2/5. Not worth it here. Can be licensed and take off taxes against Farm

  9. #992U 34062022-11-12 16:08

    I'm going to antique plate mine. Supposed to be very cheap since it can only be driven to/from events and for servicing.

  10. #10cfherrman2022-11-12 16:27

    No tag needed! It's kinda like a tractor but you have to have a CDL to drive it and probably supposed to do log books. It's in a very weird place legally. For the year once I start up again I'll be paying over 20k a year in insurance.

  11. #11mowingman2022-11-12 16:42

    I got rid of my last big truck and trailer rig about 7 years ago, due to increased insurance cost. I just wanted my dump rig for occasional use, since I was already semi-retired. I thought I might use it a couple of days/week for brush/topsoil/mulch. That worked out for the first year, and my insurance bill was about $5000/yr through Progressive. Then, they sent me a letter stating they had somehow reclassified the rig, and my new rate was going to be about $15,000/year. The heck with that. I would need to run about 80 hours/week to make that work. I immediately put the rig up for sale and cancelled the insurance. I promised myself to never again own a rig big enough to require commercial insurance. Liability was the majority of the cost.

  12. #12colson042022-11-12 17:04

    I don't understand how insurance can triple a guys rate like that. A youtube guy called Tow Piglet closed his hotshot business after his insurance more than doubled year over year. The insurance for my tree service business went up 44% this year, and I have a flawless insurance history. I shopped around, but that was still the best deal available to me.

  13. #13DMiller2022-11-12 17:46

    Commercial is a different breed, gets into all manner of suit capabilities so insurers work to protect themselves, this one is no longer commercial. Yes to drive with a weight tag requires Class A CDL, not working or earning payroll so no logs are mandated, Personal Conveyance, Not For Hire. Will keep a daily inspection report, will honor certain aspects the boys in Brown appreciate as miles driven per state likely fuel purchases by state. Gray Area is the size of a storm cloud where lightning strikes Both Ways.

  14. #14mowingman2022-11-12 17:59

    They reclassified my truck from some type of Commercial Landscaping, to just Commercial Trucking, or something like this. I never hauled a load of sand, gravel, or crushed stone, but, that did not seem to matter to the insurance co. I will never use Progressive again, for any type of insurance. They are thieves.

  15. #15DMiller2022-11-12 18:28

    Insurers are a SCAM but a essential one many times.

  16. #16Truck Shop2022-11-12 18:57

    If I towed for hire on a regular basis with the company truck-the added hook coverage would come to an extra $8,000.

  17. #17DMiller2022-11-18 15:44

    More fun when mail arrived last night, Going to have to put the Beast on back burner until December. Personal Property Tax rate increase, went up close to 20%, Due 12/31, notice from bank on Home Loan, increase in Real Estate Tax and Insurance increase driving monthly payment up $250/mo, seems the County Appraisal for taxes went up 30%, also affected Insurance Appraised Value. Cannot pay the adjustments and get the machine licensed this year as need the PPT paid receipt for next years license. Get inspections done late December can move that to January. Weight Plate will be around $900/year. So it Sits.

  18. #18cfherrman2022-11-18 15:56

    Property taxes went up $200 regular and $400 from school bond for me.

  19. #19_Weldman_2022-11-19 09:19

    Can’t hit like button to that post. Might have to come out of retirement again. Sure looks that way here too if one wants to get anywhere now days. Sucks to hear as it’s nice to read your progress and see it come forth. Do what you got to do, we will be patient while pacing the floor.

  20. #20DMiller2022-11-19 09:34

    Loan is my own fault. Was GOING TO build a Shouse here, 40x50 shop attached by one wall to slab house SINGLE Level except for Attic Storage. Two BR, Two Bath Tin outside skin and wrap around covered porch. Wife SWORE would not buy in, did not want to "Live in a Barn", as we came closer to completion of HER Dream Home or what she had explained was her expectations she stated "I wish we had just built the Shouse, would have been cheaper and fine", I almost got my .45. Against the design premise would have been ONE HALF what we spent on Just The House here. Bigger shop, better set for heat/cool, less utilities costs, still a HUGE Master Suite and Bath for her and a massive wide open floorplan kitchen/great room. But I was wrong.

  21. #21_Weldman_2022-11-19 10:19

    Makes me love my wife even more reading that. As you know my structure, she is fine with living in it when we get to that point and if it was the last structure I built she wouldn’t complain. Then again she is as frugal with money as I am and refuses any loans. Only reason I had a loan when I bought the property it was before I met her, thankfully it’s paid off to not come back later to fight again.

  22. #22DMiller2022-11-19 10:59

    We rolled a great deal of finance into this place, cost of land was almost done, Barn down the hill paid for, then added second driveway and shop for storage, then moved to house build. Overbuilt some and underbuilt in places did not care, ended up a nice place but just a House. Sold previous home, ended up that sales was at a loss due to fuels costs where commuting was less than desirable, had not wanted that house either but wife only willing to move so far away from her Mom, she had passed by time we started building here. Ended up almost $60k in Shop, only $6500 in Barn and only $167k in farm ground, Both Driveways were over $10k to get placed. Finished house where had to finance enough to construct Breezeway and House Garage a year later. Had we held the other house another two years could have made money on it as properties there returned to Booming, Hindsight. Good aspect of Farm property is a Write Off, Lease it so have to maintain it, requires machines and amendments as well materials to keep functional. ALL Write Offs. KW is listed on Farm Use so becomes a Write Off for rehab, after four years is depreciated out so no loss no gain. Appraisals vary from $750K to 950K for entire place should we offer it up for sale.

  23. #23_Weldman_2022-11-19 11:30

    Only paid $32,800 for this 22.5 acres, without any structure market value is $80k now, with pole barn we are in the $200k range when done. Time house is done might be up near your bracket of appraisal. I doubt I ever will sell as I doubt you would too. Tempting with how much one could get, but in the end it’s just like hanging a apple in front of a horse just out of reach.

  24. #24Labparamour2022-11-19 11:33

    You have a beautiful place Dave! Spud, the pictures of your spread are amazing! I understand the “discussions” with SWMBO… Our talks have gone similarly I’d be happy with small place (but nice shop ).

  25. #25colson042022-11-19 12:13

    Sorry to hear about your ordeal Dave as you came near final completions on the KW. Truck is sharp and I look forward to hearing about your travels with it when you get to that stage. Taxes are a beast. The one thing I am glad about is I was able to keep previous owners tax assessment level because over 50% of my land is in agricultural production (70% in my case). No matter what improvements I make (house, barn, shop, etc), my taxes can not increase beyond 2%/year due to agricultural exemption. The land rent covers the costs of my annual property taxes plus homeowners insurance, and leaves a little extra to put towards improvements like driveways, fence row maintenance, tiling, etc. My goal there is to keep it a break even or slightly profitable venture to mitigate income tax burden.

  26. #26DMiller2022-11-22 19:43

    So, the OTHER Day, when moved KW Out of Shop, brought up Allis, serviced, fixed Batt Box, had dropped mower off the little Deere, as I moved the Deere when reset the loader and went to get back in seat I bounced My Thigh off the damnable Mid/Rear PTO Shift Control. Sorry SOB is on the Left(Access Side) as loader control all but blocks right, almost 2" diameter round plastic knob, sits just ABOVE seat cushion height and I flopped my big ass into the seat managing to land square on it with left Thigh. SORE as a bugger for three days, day two had a bruise in shape of knob about 2/3 down back/inside of thigh. So day three less pain, by end of Wednesday was ignoring so Friday after a shower as cannot see back of leg and feeling fine used a mirror to find a bruise size of my hand and further down toward knee. BOTH Brothers have had DVTs in recent months, BOTH said to have looked at so emailed Doc Office where Mon Morning I missed the return message to MAKE A APPOINTMENT NOW!! Called this morning, got me in at 3:15. BP great, temp 97.3 and Normal for me, pulse normal, nurse asked where bruise was, takes multiple contact temp of leg thru pantleg, still 97. something, so sets me up for doc. Doc wanders in, asks how doing and says drop britches, where as SOON as sees it, says 'Hmm, glad he was in sports med a long time, Hematoma'. See this kind of bruising from ham string snaps. Sends me for MRI, Yep, Hematoma size of goose egg, vein healing and no longer leaking. Explained I managed to hit the HS SQUARE, is a vein runs alongside it, pinched said vein, pain I felt those three days was vein leaking and healing. Said will have the leakage bruise for several weeks as my body resorbs the blood bubble as that is weeping thru the soft tissues in my thigh. At Least NOT a DVT. Scary as F! Got to love the Oddity Weeks, breaks up the monotony!!

  27. #27Labparamour2022-11-22 21:15

    Glad it’s just a sore bruise and not DVT… Take it easy, dog gonnit!

  28. #28DMiller2022-11-23 13:19

    Oh it is impressive As well not laying down, well maybe on creeper. Bad glow plug relay, intermittent at best contact. And replaced muffler on pickup, just a small hole. Even Made trip to local car wash cleaned MOST of the fuel on engine Off.

  29. #29Labparamour2022-11-23 13:30

    Careful, you won’t want to get rid of your pickup now

  30. #30DMiller2022-11-23 15:05

    I will let it leave no questions. Cab is about to rot off the frame.

  31. #31DMiller2022-11-24 07:30

    Could end up a frame for a custom build, hmmm, now what could I build on that frame, hmmmm.

  32. #32crane operator2022-11-24 07:57

    I want to do a travelall someday, maybe a travelette. I looked at a couple this summer, but just don't have the time. I've seen a few on suburban frames with 350, and a couple that were on dodge 2500 with 5.9. I've never seen one 7.3, but at least you would be keeping with the international theme. They had big block gassers, but I don't know that a 7.3 would fit.

  33. #33DMiller2022-11-24 08:08

    IF could find one not as rusted as what Have could be a choice!! Liked IH in those days, just NOT the 190s. Never saw a Travelall with a 404 but the 7.3 is not any bigger than that.

  34. #34crane operator2022-11-24 08:11

    They are all rusted. I think they came from the factory with rust. I think the big gassers were 392. A 4bt fits easy, but isn't great on power, the 5.9 is a squeeze because they are so long.

  35. #35crane operator2022-11-24 08:17

    My uncle had a one ton international with a flatbed when I was a kid. I remember riding around with a rifle on the dash, and all those levers on the floor.

  36. #36DMiller2022-11-24 09:30

    My '79 IH Scout II could hear it rust almost as bad as my '77 Chevy K20. BAD Years for recycle steel use. Best choice B series IHC Crew Cab units, old forestry or Civil Service trucks not totally destroyed. Or a old Loadstar similar considerations, Crew Cab to start, maybe convert to Fbgls tilt front and mod that for lower profile. And once again, NO 190s!! Now a 210, MAYBE

  37. #37Old Doug2022-11-24 09:44

    I keep thinking about the future and what i want to do or will be able to afford to do. I am very tiered of working on the farm one minute i think if i had a bigger place in town but then i think when i get the farm cleaned up and sell the house it will not be so much work.I guess time will tell what i do.

  38. #38Truck Shop2022-11-24 11:52

    IH Travelall or was it a Scout can't remember, an acquaintance had one with a factory installed Isuzu six cylinder diesel. Pretty sure it was Isuzu powered IIRC.

  39. #39Labparamour2022-11-24 12:23

    Saw that setup in a Scout. Sweet ride!

  40. #40bccat2022-11-24 13:04

    Scout’s had a Nissan Diesel as an option , my Dad had one. Our neighbor had 2 Scout’s with slant 4 cyl. Another neighbor had a pickup with a slant 4 also, not powerhouses but dependable

  41. #41Truck Shop2022-11-24 13:13

    That's what it was.

  42. #424x4ford2022-11-24 18:13

    I have 1969 international halfton short bed has a 345 in it some day I’ll get around to getting it back on the road

  43. #43mowingman2022-11-24 18:24

    I saw lot of those diesel Scouts in the mid 70's, while working at underground mines. Those, and pickups converted with a Perkins diesel, were popular at underground operations back then. Jeff

  44. #44DMiller2022-11-25 07:51

    Give a update on the Pickup, Parts pricing is getting stupid. Have to have them so just pay and move on but as reference: KW, bought 4 Group 31 stud type, roughly $140 Each and delivered by MHC, this summer got two Group 31 post type for my Allis 180, $167 Each, local as had to have on a Saturday. This week two 65-2 Ford 1000cca batteries a Fuel & Air filter with a Temperature sensor, $500, batteries over $200 each. Muffler short head pipe and 3 clamps just under $250, day I ordered they noted price showed as just over $220 but could not really price out until arrived. Carquest here has gone to Consignment stocking, nothing is Bought by them until sold to a customer, price can change every to every other day. Owner said she had to go that route as was losing money weekly on reorders and special orders they foolishly priced out ahead of time. Parts availability is also getting really bad, Muffler came from Terre Haute IN, ONLY One the system showed, had several of the short head pipes in STL, the Temp Sensor was in another of this gal's stores, had it same day where that store now cannot get a replacement only has two on shelves at a third and fourth store out of five. Filer suppliers are getting slim, last Carquest filters were Baldwin produced, Wix is almost impossible to get in any form. Tire shop next door cannot get Toyo Auto tires anymore, seems ChickFilA built a new supply center near to the Toyo factory on East Coast, Toyo was paying $26/hour, CFA Starts employees at $30, cannot keep workers at Toyo.

  45. #45Old Doug2022-11-25 08:08

    Every thing is messed up wright now the big ???? is will it get any better? Auto makers should have been shot for using so many different tire sizes so many different batterys .

  46. #46_Weldman_2022-11-25 08:25

    And it's about to get really bad with needing to fill out a 1099-K for anything sold over $600 so anything needed to be bought online is going up in price or in small mom and pops shops. Inventory is about to get real slim and any good deals are going out the door with some businesses too. To make sure they squeeze more they are hiring 87k more IRS agents over the next 7 years. Dark times are getting darker and will continue for a bit more afterwards... https://www.irs.gov/businesses/understanding-your-form-1099-k Cash is going to get more popular after this...

  47. #47DMiller2022-11-25 09:26

    As they cannot get those 87000 agents to even apply for work I am gonna laugh really hard. Could not get 200 out of 1000 show ups for the 2000 expected and hoped for as applicants to openings had in KC IRS last year ended up hired 120 only 70 showed up and none stayed, ran ads in every major city trying to hire extra help for tax season, NO Takers. So would need some 2000 each for every major metropolitan city averaged out, not gonna see that. And NO, not wishing them good luck, just cynically stating Good Luck with that!!!! The current dorks have just made ever more work for the overworked who also will not stay much longer.

  48. #48DMiller2022-11-25 09:33

    I deal with the SSA office in Union MO, are supposed to have 45 on staff, have 20. Of the 20 could actually see perhaps a dozen actually working last time in there, the other 8 were playing on computer, appeared as writing stuff on note pads and ignoring the incessant telephone ringing. Agent with me said cannot fire anyone regardless how they work or not, once hired are permanent tax $$ absorbing leeches. She had almost had enough and was looking to retire at 67 she is now.

  49. #49_Weldman_2022-11-25 09:54

    Wife is going to work for the USDA in a week, she was complaining about getting less there than her current job at the hospital in the ER as front desk intake. Told her there is way more benefits that outweigh the pay working for the gov, less likely to catch any sickness and it's only dollar less an hour, that she couldn't be fired and could retire in 20 years or move up in positions easily. Wife working for USDA as purchaser/accounting, she is getting a degree in accounting as I type and I'm going to start a ranch, sounds like perfect combination to me.

  50. #50DMiller2022-11-25 11:28

    That sounds a Sweet Deal Spud, she will thank you when all is done. Got a New Truck and Tractor picked out yet!!?

  51. #51DMiller2022-11-25 11:34

    Barter is the slide NONE in the IRS can attack, cannot prove what is not hard paid. Trade labor for labor, claim the money on parts and pieces against the farm, let THEM prove was not used there or money changed hands for labor. NOT ever enough bodies to do so.

  52. #52_Weldman_2022-11-25 19:17

    I’ve seen those types around here and no I don’t and won’t. Rather have heavy machinery and stuff to build or fix.

  53. #53DMiller2022-11-26 09:47

    Yeah Spud, only things new around here are security blankets for wife's use, Exploder, Home, other odds and ends. Stuff I need not worry she is using.

  54. #5492U 34062022-11-26 11:56

    That's exactly where I see the future going and folks like us with skills and work ethic will probably fare better than the rest.

  55. #55DMiller2022-11-28 18:07

    Well as of Today Tree is up, decorated and house lights are all installed. C'mon Christmas!!

  56. #56sillej2022-11-28 20:38

    Bah humbug.

  57. #57colson042022-11-28 20:47

    As a kid, we always put the tree up on Mom's birthday (December 1st). I tried that when I first got married. Went hunting day after Thanksgiving, came home and house was decorated. So, now I just stick with not celebrating holidays out of turn. Finish one holiday, then move on to next. Personally, I could skip the decorating altogether and still enjoy the season.

  58. #5892U 34062022-11-28 20:50

    I might go hang some lights this weekend.

  59. #59Labparamour2022-11-28 22:52

    Mrs started inside decorations over weekend. Got tree today. Merry Christmas!

  60. #60Truck Shop2022-11-29 06:54

    Haven't decorated or bought presents for 15 years--saved a lot of money.

  61. #61_Weldman_2022-11-29 11:24

    There is presents then there is useful presents. Buying the wife a tread mill is just a present that might end in a divorce, buying the wife if you have one like mine a cordless impact is a useful present that in the end either I bought it or she would buy it and still come out of the funds we both put into this place to build it. Buying the wife a present that enables her to do more for things you wouldn't have to do now since she has means to do it is priceless time you can spend on other meaningful things. Now the whole lights and decorations, yeah that's like a cable TV bill.

  62. #62DMiller2022-11-29 18:23

    Got MSHP approval, took truck to decal shop for measuring, color determination, Rebecca is going to draw up a few ideas and email to me. thinking Name, city of residence and License weight on Batt Box and Tool Box doors, will still need S/N and Fire Extinguisher Inside on sleeper and Private Conveyance Not For Hire under cab doors She has side photos, going to overlay those on computer with generated decals. Easy driving, and Yes had in high gear, 18.

  63. #63DMiller2022-12-01 19:23

    Not the KW but had to get my Ford rust terd inspected for license. Get to the only station in town, was a week out for appointment and set up for first thing this morning. Kid failed the ball joints, “excessive play” did not measure the play. Cautioned svc mgr that HAS to have the failure quantified against state specs in the manual, he tried to politely tell me I did not know **** where I then noted was Mo State licensed inspector 12 years, still know specs on my truck. He balked, tried to walk it back but with failed inspect has to be fixed and sis I want a appointment. Let him know have the number to Troop F MVI department, know the resident inspector for this area as did the paperwork on my KW. I would change the joints as had a axle seal to fix anyway, that if I heard another no measure failure from those I know in town will be calling the State office. Checked the play myself here as I got ready to fix, 1/8” L side just a hair more R, MO state spec is 1/4” to fail. Easy enough with a folding rule to measure. So got parts on way home, 3:30 this afternoon stopped for day. Will be changing Inner half shaft seals behind the diff cover tomorrow, L side is hanging, R side awaits cleaning mung out of tube but ball joints are i the knuckle. About 3-4 hours in it so far. Ford said was 12 hr job. Where would be extra for other repairs as axle seal. $108/hr locally. What a bunch of scammers.

  64. #64DMiller2022-12-01 19:30

    L knuckle, and seals have to change on half shafts. I guess got moneys worth since last ball joints were changed in 2005 with these seals. U joints still smooth, have pot draining for internal seals.

  65. #65mitch5042022-12-01 23:42

    I had an Olds with a 455 Rocket special in my late teens, completely rebuilt the front end, tie rod ends, idler arm, control arm bushings, ball joints, every wear part. Had all the empty cardboard boxes in the passenger floor when I took it to town for an alignment. The old man drove it up on the lift, raised it, stood under it a minute, and came back out and said, "I can't line this up, everything is too worn out. You will have to leave it here so I can rebuild the front end." "You sure about that? Check again." "I am sure. The tie rod ends and ball joints are barely hanging in their sockets, and the control arm bushings are barely there at all." "Put my car down." "No, I can't let you drive away in this thing, you'll kill somebody when it falls apart." "Put it down, now!" "No! I won't let you drive it away, I could be liable!" "You put my car down, or I'll put you down, and then I'll put it down!" He put it down and I opened the passenger door, got the armload of parts boxes, dumped them at his feet and left. I drove it the 75 miles to the next alignment shop with the tires squealing on turns.

  66. #66DMiller2022-12-02 06:56

    All manner of indiscriminate scammers out there even today. Looked up State Inspect, printed off page that Notes MUST write down Measure of Ball Joint Movement against Known Specification on failure. Handing that to the garage mgr when reinspect.

  67. #67DMiller2022-12-02 10:39

    On to bigger worser fkups Destroyed on new outer short shaft seal doing it the old way with ‘close’ size piece of pipe, new seal AND driver on the way Even ford here does not have one as sell Half Shaft assemblies pre assembled, screw that. Third member been out and back in, inboard seals went in little grief. Seal $100 Driver $185 At least screwed up the Long shaft side, looking forward to tomorrow.

  68. #68Truck Shop2022-12-02 15:54

    Scammers--unfortunately the effects from those types makes it twice as hard on the honest mechanic/business. Everyone has the right to a fare profit, but not screw someone just because they can. The bigger the city the worst it is.

  69. #6956wrench2022-12-03 05:00

    I worked with a guy once who got his start at an alignment shop. He was not a very good mechanic- he was a parts replacer . I was his boss-we locked horns a couple times over 6 years but i always got my way. The joke was that to fix a pickup truck, he would jack up the rad cap and slide a new truck under it. He admitted that to sell frontend parts he would use a 4ft bar and wedge it in wherever and pull down on it to show the customer deflection/wear. He was a big guy about 275lbs so basically he could show wear on a new vehicle . He was terrible at any form of diagnostics. If he needed one spare part, he would order 6. Our parts room was overstocked when i started there and it took about 3 years to get it whittled down to an acceptable level. Other than that he was a good guy to work with but sometimes i had to be one step ahead of him

  70. #70DMiller2022-12-03 11:46

    Got new seal and driver at 7:30, all back together for Monday reinspect, road test also done. Amazing how fast it came together with correct tool.

  71. #71mowingman2022-12-03 12:28

    Better wash and wax it first.

  72. #72DMiller2022-12-03 12:34

    That’s not likely to happen

  73. #73colson042022-12-03 19:34

    Sounds like me and my truck...

  74. #74DMiller2022-12-03 20:19

    Update on the blood pool, it is fading fast. I still heal pretty quick for a old ****. This is all that is left

  75. #75Truck Shop2022-12-03 21:05

    Pew!

  76. #76DMiller2022-12-04 11:24

    Yeah!!

  77. #77DMiller2022-12-18 06:01

    Well family Xmas here is DONE, had the Wife's family out for a dinner and day at our house, wife and her sis went thru four days of hell making everything and cookie-thoning multiple batches of sweet stuff that NOBODY took any home, Bought too much food as I had been telling them, got more stupid than ever with the cookie nonsense as I had been telling them, Sis in law is Type 2 Diabetic, can have SOME sweet stuff but not as much as we have sitting here. Wife is upset as I was correct AGAIN, SSDD as told her this LAST year, fell to deaf ears and not mine. Explained as went to bed this is LAST time, we will NOT play this game again, spent a little over $600 for JUST today, not including gas, electric or anything besides the base foods and stuff these two bought. Had to slip the mutt a Doggie Downer (Apoquel) to keep he mellowed around the throngs of movement, he deserves better. Will be having THE talk with the wife, again, after her sis goes home today.

  78. #78Truck Shop2022-12-18 06:29

    That scenario plays out all across the country every holiday season. I'm glad the both of us don't have any extended family, only the step daughter and she lives in Connecticut. Only cook a small meal for the two of us and some fun food for Orange Cat. Plan is which ever one of us goes the other will sell the house and move to Odd Fellows or something of that sort and drift away quietly.

  79. #79DMiller2022-12-18 08:01

    Been trying to break this cycle for four years, defined insanity, rinse, then they repeat, as think will be different next time.

  80. #80Mobiltech2022-12-18 09:59

    Just think of it as a Christmas present to your wife. If it makes her happy to do all that stuff that’s ok. Happy wife makes your life easier so you can spend more on your “hobbies”!

  81. #81farmerlund2022-12-18 10:19

    Nobody is going to starve to death at any of our family get togethers either. It’s ridicules sometimes.

  82. #82Old Doug2022-12-18 11:12

    I dont know if i ever want to get married agin. There are alot of good and alot of bad. If you ever hear a guy say he would never get married agin theres a real good chance he will be married in a matter of months .

  83. #83mitch5042022-12-18 21:26

    My brother is hosting Christmas this year, his wife has said nothing but hors d’oeuvres. (CRAP that was hard to spell!) All the women in the family are mad, they all want to bring the full meal and a half they usually bring. I figure it's just one night, if I'm still hungry when I get home, I'll eat a frozen pizza.

  84. #84Camshawn2022-12-18 23:07

    My Mom got a turkey and is going to my brothers. First I heard of it was Friday when we took her to an appointment and lunch. Mom said my sister in law thinks I don’t like her. I was just mad at her because she was being a hypocrite. We bought a small turkey today, mostly for sandwiches. Mmmm Cam

  85. #85_Weldman_2022-12-19 09:28

    If a big fluffy bird saunters across the yard I guess we will have it for Christmas if not oh well, been seeing tracks so I'm hopeful. Might be frozen before I get it in the freezer in these temperatures.

  86. #86Nige2022-12-19 10:02

    Only if the turkey sandwiches are lathered in stuffing. Double mmmmmmmmm......

  87. #87Camshawn2022-12-19 10:53

    Turkey sandwiches here consist of mayo and gravy on the bread, turkey, stuffing, olive, and a pickle. Cam

  88. #88Mobiltech2022-12-19 10:58

    Sounds like a pregnant woman’s cravings sandwich. Pickles and gravy.

  89. #89DMiller2022-12-19 11:43

    You Pregnant Cam???

  90. #90Truck Shop2022-12-19 11:58

    Prime Rib roast, I will run through the bbq for 20 minutes then in the oven till 145* in center, mashed potato's, salad.

  91. #91Camshawn2022-12-19 12:30

    Wife’s recipe for sandwiches. While she was never pregnant, she does have hormones………nuff said Cam

  92. #92DMiller2022-12-19 13:05
  93. #93DMiller2022-12-19 13:11

    Weld not so purty but will hold this Will make a gasket for install.

  94. #94mitch5042022-12-19 16:01

    I forgot this thread was about Dmiller's projects.

  95. #95_Weldman_2022-12-20 10:03

    Grinder and paint, will make me the welder I ain't

  96. #96Truck Shop2022-12-20 10:24

    If threads didn't wander it wouldn't be HEF.

  97. #97DMiller2022-12-20 10:33

    State inspect this morning passed fine, DOT has gotten a slight more in depth stringent so have MV3 to swap as was more pressure loss than allowed before popped, column u-joints had almost invisible but play and ABS lamp did not cycle. So will be working on it again Next week as soon as Snowmageddon gets over.

  98. #98Truck Shop2022-12-20 22:43

    Well to work at my usual 5:15, took care of some repairs then dispatch called at 11:00 by 11:30 I was headed to almost Hood River. Not a bad trip but it started raining in the gorge-and freezing. Fastest drop and hook I've ever done. Wanted to get heading back before I-84 in the gorge turned bad. 378 miles RT back in the shop at 7 straight up.

  99. #99DMiller2022-12-28 15:17

    Got my bulbs, MV3 and column u-jpints this morning, Alarm module back in, code 2-3 on the system keeps lamp on, according to WABCO is a Right Drive Modulator issue. Have a replacement ordered. It gets here will replace the column joints and that same time. Changing the MV3 was like pulling teeth had taken such a line set in the push fittings.

  100. #100Truck Shop2022-12-28 17:35

    To bad I have a perfect set of used modulators setting on the shelf to fit that.

  101. #101DMiller2022-12-28 18:18

    All good Will be fine

  102. #102Truck Shop2022-12-28 18:24

    Yeah that's what you always say-nothing to see move along now folks. Worse than a old cop walking the boulevard twirling his night stick.

  103. #103DMiller2022-12-28 19:00

    Guess did this too long, just another repair!! Will always wish I had stayed in SLC, kept my dream alive, just water down a different path too. Now too old and calloused, pain is only skin deep where I generally don’t feel it anymore.

  104. #104DMiller2022-12-29 12:16

    Got column joints changed this morning, turned off warm almost 65 now but windy, Even painted the Tube while had out. KW is delivering the Modulator today, MV3 was quite the Pig getting the lines to unset in the Bendix Chinese handcuffs line locks. Ended up cutting the vent to outside at valve block just would not release. Working thru the wiring snarl was a treat.

  105. #105DMiller2022-12-30 05:38

    Could probably replace the E6 and R4 valves make the system pressure tighter longer but they currently still operate well. Found that overnight after MV3 change Primary air remained at 60# as the secondary side still drifted off to zero.

  106. #106DMiller2022-12-30 08:25

    Received the Modulator, old one was over 12ohm resistance and well past the 4-9ohm test level. Found some chafed wiring so doctored that up where the damn code still would not clear. Back into that today. Were two pair Green with Yellow trace wires found early on cut under the truck that I reconnected, will start there as found those are the 12v Outbound ABS system to the two rear Modulators. Is quite probable I got the two crossed and will validate which pair is off each side. After dealing with early days FMVSS121, I really dislike ABS systems, too easily fault prone, far too many 'Sensitive' parts.

  107. #107stinky642022-12-30 10:42

    While I'm sure you are aware of this but just throwing this out there. Are you just trying to clear the codes or did you actually drive truck after code clearing attempt?Need to get over that 5mph speed to reset. I've had to clear then drive multiple times before. Was going crazy trying to figure what I had missed.

  108. #108DMiller2022-12-30 11:16

    Ran the clear system off the push button couple of times and did drive out 2 and back 2 miles at speed.

  109. #109DMiller2022-12-31 15:10

    Back on this afternoon as temps came up, was a additional Open on Rt modulator cable Codes 1 1 now All clear

  110. #110stinky642022-12-31 20:58

    Have spent many days between the frame rails searching for that little greenie where the loom wore through or a careless test light poke left unsealed especially in winter when everything is packed with snow and salt. What a treat. I gotta invent a greenie sniffer.

  111. #111DMiller2023-01-01 08:19

    This one turned out to be a ‘fold’ break, wire harness was folded and nylon tied to tubing air lines, one of the fold back loops had broken the wire inside. Got lucky picked up with ohm meter as made and lost intermittently

  112. #112DMiller2023-01-01 08:23

    Will get a photo of it, Not a Greenie Sniffer but a Short Finder!! Bought in 84? has a hand held Ammeter where is essentially a circuit breaker attached into circuit to trip against short, follow the path of the wire until ammeter stops bouncing and short is in a narrow section there. Cannot put a number on how many trailers I used that on, the old Hobbs buggers were really bad for wire pinches along upper Aluminum Side rails as had a slot for wire runs. Worked well on Dump Bodies too.

  113. #113_Weldman_2023-01-01 10:36

    https://www.triplett.com/products/c...nd-circuit-tester?_pos=3&_sid=eb01d90d9&_ss=r My toy

  114. #114stinky642023-01-01 11:12

    Actually have a similar machine, but a lot cheaper fresh from flea bay used it once and it worked. Brand spankin' new Pete, no tail lights when delivered. Took out my fancy contraption and found a broken wire in the middle of the main harness dead nuts under the cab. Listened until the beep stopped then hesitantly opened the harness, after all this was a brand new truck and found the rubbery spot in the wire with no copper inside. Gotta love that eureka moment. got you mother f@cker. Within 2 weeks most other cats in the shop had one. Modern wizardry.

  115. #115oarwhat2023-01-01 11:28

    I've tried a couple brands like this tool. Every time the wire went into a bundle other wires picked up the signal. Maybe this is a better one?

  116. #116JPV2023-01-01 12:04

    I have the power probe version, it has the same problem of not picking up a signal if the wire is in a bundle. It also picks up the signal if the wire is barely making contact but not enough to carry the load. I haven't been able to use it with great success very often. Maybe that one is better?

  117. #117DMiller2023-01-01 12:36

    This is my Antique

  118. #118DMiller2023-01-01 12:39

    Anyone have any luck adding a step on W900 Tool box lid for short legged people(wife)?

  119. #119_Weldman_2023-01-01 14:23

    Let me break out my welder, hold my drink I will get you one here in a minute

  120. #120DMiller2023-01-01 14:34

    LOL!! Working up ideas to utilize a removed and partially bent up tank step for pieces, perhaps have some 1/8-3/16” aluminum sheared and broke to form angle to mount to that face then a similar piece to pedestal on the upper step on aluminum formed supports Have plenty of hucks to mount them.

  121. #121Truck Shop2023-01-01 15:11

    Life expectancy of ABS with no issues is about 7 years, sensors and cables 10 years, modulators 16, main chassis ABS harness 14 years. Normally the harness will last a good while but if disturbed, ABS harness doesn't like that. This morning a trailer with issue-computer/controller inside service brake valve. I have a 75' coax cable with adapter at 7 way run into shop office PC set up with Wabco software. As far as step-there was a outlet for three step cover on right side positioned for door opening.

  122. #122emmett5182023-01-01 15:16

    Maybe they want to drive the little guys out of business. Part of the communist Great Reset.

  123. #123DMiller2023-01-01 15:26

    Can see harness issues on age, replaced all four wheel sensors back to frame harness plugs repairs should manage on Modulator for a time yet have downloaded the troubleshoot guide and component ID from Wabco. Will look up that three step right cover.

  124. #124Truck Shop2023-01-01 15:28

    Big BUSINESS folks BIG Business---BIG BUSINESS IS NOT YOUR FRIEND. It owns the gov, it's about investors, and getting richer while the bottom 90% pay their taxes. When are you folks going to learn, insurance companies are the main lenders to banks that's where banks get their money.

  125. #125DMiller2023-01-01 15:38

    Will most likely buy the other three modulators, are living on borrowed time and housings pretty seriously corroded. Change them out over the next year.

  126. #126stinky642023-01-01 18:01

    I don't think they send out phone books anymore.

  127. #127_Weldman_2023-01-01 18:26

    I get one for here it’s only quarter inch thick, might need a Chicago or Houston phone book for that use I heard they are tossing books out of the school library’s, might get a few from there

  128. #128DMiller2023-01-01 20:31

    Still get junk mail, can use that?

  129. #129_Weldman_2023-01-01 21:46

    That would work if you can get enough, might need some help which I can do like I did for my lovely neighbor that doesn't live out here. I signed him up for al the exclusive deals from places like here https://www.boyzshop.com/

  130. #130DMiller2023-01-02 05:33

    Now that is funny!!

  131. #131DMiller2023-01-03 18:49

    Next wrinkle dropped today!! Eye doc appointment I had last June for floaters found cataract in Good eye, made this appointment before xmas as of today that cataract has erupted, time to fix. Along with that time to clean deposition material off Left lens. In June cataract was at about 5-7% estimated and photographed. Today it is over 60% where photo was ugly. Big concern, the floaters are still present, should have resorbed but haven't, and are in a strange location as to in the front of the eye fluid not to the rear as are expected to be, where Both eyes have them in that orientation. Both docs and the eye surgeon they spoke to today have not run across a persistent floater concern that had not self resolved nor with them right behind the lens, EVER. Cataract eruption should have taken YEARS, some other aspect is involved and no one is venturing a guess as to why this one just went off. First consultation with the surgeon is Jan 17th, made a opening to get me in. I am not feeling warm and fuzzy over this. Really not looking forward to going blind either.

  132. #132Nige2023-01-03 19:27

    Diabetes.?

  133. #133DMiller2023-01-03 19:57

    Nope A1c always been good, blood tests as well off

  134. #134Truck Shop2023-01-03 20:01

    I get to visit my doc on the 5th-I somehow feel my PSA level will be high. Been expecting it.

  135. #135_Weldman_2023-01-03 20:29

    Sounds like one of my neighbors I don't want to bury in the back 40 out here. Elderly couple living in actual house/with built in basement about 10 miles up the road. Leaking cataract possible blindness in her future too. She is heavy set and a smoker. They've since built out the porch on the back of their place and one on the front and cleaned the place up. Met them driving home got flagged down asking if my dump truck was for hire. https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/24-Sage-Dr_Miles-City_MT_59301_M91735-80103 We get invited to holiday dinners since they have been out here, interesting how things go.

  136. #136oarwhat2023-01-04 07:35

    D Miller a friend of mine has had cataracts erupt very quickly in the last few years. So it does happen. Hopefully you'll have no issues.

  137. #137DMiller2023-01-04 07:51

    Hoping not, seen too many end up losing prostate and not a good time.

  138. #138Old Doug2023-01-04 09:43

    I had been to the eye doctor several times years prior to being told i had cataracts . I would like to know if they didnt notice them or they happen all the sudden ? I was working as a welder 5 years ago and thought i wondered if i couldnt see as well as others i worked with.

  139. #139DMiller2023-01-04 09:51

    Can come on as a start quickly the effect is as a blurry spot on glasses or a hood lens you feel are looking around. Usually take years to fully form if age related. Was told long ago having blue or hazel eye color was harder on you as a welder than brown or green, something about light frequency absorption.

  140. #140_Weldman_2023-01-04 10:04

    You are correct, I have blue eyes and can vouch for that. I have to weld on shade 12 for anything starting off and at least a 6 for cutting torch. I wear sunglasses everywhere I go, even when cloudy out for most days. On the bright sight... I can see in the dark to the point of no moon full sky of stars twilight I don't need a flashlight, you won't even know I'm coming. Too much light without glasses I get headaches from both TBI from combat and how well I can see in the dark.

  141. #141Old Doug2023-01-04 10:13

    I have blue eyes but i always like a lighter lens. I would like to wear sunglasses inside now.

  142. #142mitch5042023-01-04 13:32

    I have hazel eyes, and can read a newspaper when it is too dark for most people to walk. I have won bets that way.

  143. #143_Weldman_2023-01-04 14:07

    I have to remember when staying out too late, my wife is the polar opposite with brown eyes to get her home before too dark. Gets mad at me all the time, I tell her just hold my hand and follow me into the darkness with a evil laugh.

  144. #144DMiller2023-01-04 15:20

    A few that have been around me to know me in anger state swear I am a changling. Normal eye color darker hazel to somewhat blue, for license and my old physicals at plant Blue. Generally in public or speaking to friends tend yo be Dark Deep Blue, when angered go to a state of steel gray, one fella that got to see that first hand while poking at the cat in the cage said I became almost machine like. Younger brother witnessed me in that state, not pretty, very much at a point of little regard for humanity. I too can read numbers or print most require a magnifier, can do so in low to negligible light, generally walk out to stands or blinds no extra lighting. Problem is in using torch or welder can no longer see the puddle, that color does not register so guess burned out those sensors. Even with this cataract I can still hit 20/20 vision right eye where usual is 20/15, use periphery of the letters to read them. Left eye had made 20/40 after that lens implant the deposits have it at 20/60. Poor welds that show are due in part to cataract and mono-vision as generally ignore left eye input as not that great acuity. Has been explained I am one of a scattered few that has altering eye color, doc I go to saw the variations for herself and does not dispute occurs. As to the welding issue, the light fequencies the blue iris will allow thru is what eats our eyes up over time.

  145. #145_Weldman_2023-01-04 16:18

    Which is why people with those colored eyes should wear sunglasses much as possible to offset it, namely polarized lenses.

  146. #146DMiller2023-01-04 16:33

    And that is habit for me

  147. #147Nige2023-01-04 17:08

    Good to hear. I have type 2 and occasionally get floaters which is how I know my blood sugar is off without even having to prick my finger. I also have blue eyes and always wear polarized sunglasses whenever I’m outside in the sun.

  148. #148stinky642023-01-04 17:23

    Great can't wait to see what kind of spam and click bait I get after clicking on that link.

  149. #149_Weldman_2023-01-04 17:35

    https://www.ars.usda.gov/news-events/news/research-news/2003/scientists-link-nutrition-eye-health/

  150. #150DMiller2023-01-04 17:38

    Suspiciously noted that Whiskeys of ANY types are NOT included in the Good For Eyes materials!!!

  151. #151Truck Shop2023-01-04 17:51

    I have been wearing photo grays since those came out in 1973, can't do without them now.

  152. #152stinky642023-01-04 17:57

    Years ago while ice fishing way up north in Canada our whole clan of blue/hazel eyed clan got what would almost equate to arc flash, (burning, itching, sensitivity to light) after spending a week on the ice the intense northern sun. Cause was cheap sunglasses (Damn you ZZ Top) Ever since then polarized glasses are a must.

  153. #153_Weldman_2023-01-04 18:06

    Rather not see the end coming than feel it, so drink up!

  154. #154DMiller2023-01-04 18:24

    As far as sneaking up in the dark, most do not like me spud, as tend to be a little mean with that!!

  155. #155DMiller2023-01-04 18:27

    Wore photograys until 88, had to swap up to fixed polarized as left eye will not dial into light value fast enough, have gotten used to magnetic over the glasses polarized, love them. When second lens is complete will be Polarized sunglasses from here on out!! Fisherman's Friend!!

  156. #156_Weldman_2023-01-04 19:23
  157. #157Camshawn2023-01-04 21:49

    Wife has cataracts, left eye came on very quickly, ( less than 6 months). Surgery is set for Feb.1 for the first one. She had shingles a couple of years ago affecting her left side of her face and that is the side that has the acceleration of the cataract. Dr said that could contribute to the acceleration. Cam

  158. #158Nige2023-01-04 21:51

    Hope the surgery goes well for her.

  159. #159John C.2023-01-04 22:12

    I did the photo-gray for my first set of bifocals. I found out it takes some time before they lighten up. On a bright summer day, the glasses darkened up fine. Then I'd have to look in an engine compartment for a serial number and it was like night without a light. I'd take the glasses off but couldn't read the number. I ended up with the clip on polarized covers. Not the best solution but it's adequate.

  160. #160Camshawn2023-01-04 22:17

    I used my phone to take a picture of the nameplates that I could not see due to photo-grey glasses or not getting my head far enough away to focus. With digital photos, take lots, at least one will be in focus and have most of the nameplate. Cam

  161. #161John C.2023-01-04 22:21

    Nice thought. Digital photos did not exist when I got my first pair of photo gray glasses. I have thousands of photo negatives and prints.

  162. #162Nige2023-01-04 22:32

    I have found that with the photo-grey transitions the more they change back and forth the faster they do it. Still not immediate though.

  163. #163DMiller2023-01-05 06:31

    These are my older spare pair, ones I am wearing are only slightly larger lenses. Neodymium magnets in ends where I wear them riding, not a problem no matter the wind, have never lost them. Polarized. Safety glasses are photograys as only way could get sunglass capability.

  164. #164terex herder2023-01-05 08:04

    Always go to incognito or private mode to view such links. For example, on Firefox, you highlight the link and right click on it. A menu comes up that includes the choice "open link in new private window".

  165. #165DMiller2023-01-05 09:36

    Best Bet, read title DO NOT OPEN if Questionable!!!

  166. #166mitch5042023-01-05 12:38

    What do the magnets stick to when you are riding?

  167. #167DMiller2023-01-05 12:52

    Are two sets, those in Glasses Frame and those in the sunglass frame, connect to each other. Are work to get apart.

  168. #168mitch5042023-01-05 18:03

    cool, where did you find them, or did you make them?

  169. #169DMiller2023-01-05 18:12

    Easytwist Frames, Optometrist

  170. #170mitch5042023-01-05 22:28

    Thanks, I got to get glasses next month, I'll look for those.

  171. #171DMiller2023-01-06 06:43

    Will forewarn, first pair I got as these I was using grinder with, even with face shield the magnets collected a mass of fines that were drifting about, took forever to get them as much off as I could.

  172. #172DMiller2023-01-11 14:43

    So wife has really SHORT lega, can steps a real issue so ordered these and having brackets made to install, positions are roughly where will end up.

  173. #173DMiller2023-01-11 18:19

    Made my call to a local Metals shop, "Could Be" three weeks out, Maybe slide this in with someone else's material if more 1/4" ordered off the brake. Will see, have had my pieces in as little as two days against a quote like that!!

  174. #174Willie B2023-01-11 19:21

    Gee, I've had floaters all my life. Doctor always brings up; "have you any floaters?" "Yes" "Oh, don't worry about that." At age 65 primary care doctor started being concerned about blood sugar.

  175. #175Truck Shop2023-01-11 19:59

    Floaters? Once in a while, those spin out of control on the way down, kind of like a stock car.

  176. #176John C.2023-01-11 20:02

    You will end up on the A1C testing at your next wellness check. That will give them another reason to nag you.

  177. #177Truck Shop2023-01-11 20:25

    I just had a wellness check on the fifth, a complete one. A1C, heart and the rest is all good. Except psa level is extremely high, real high.

  178. #178John C.2023-01-11 20:33

    Not good to hear but I have friends with high PSA and no problems currently. I hear the sampling procedure to check for cancer is pretty unpleasant. I've been told that a colonoscopy was easier.

  179. #179Truck Shop2023-01-11 20:38

    Yeah, it's a snip or five. Three ways to do it and ain't none of them a happy time. Bite down on a chunk of leather I guess.

  180. #180DMiller2023-01-12 06:23

    Both brothers described the testing, NOT pleasant but saved their lives. A1C last check was early December still normal band just triglycerides high as usual. My floaters are odd, doc said not seen them to front of eye like directly behind the lens, threw him a loop, since my visit three others came in his office roughly same age group where something odd happening. Most logical way they occur is rubbing eyes roughly, I just do not do that, get dirt and crud in eyes wrenching and wood butchering where wipe it away which may have brought these on.

  181. #181DMiller2023-01-13 21:38

    EMG test was as or worse uncomfortable as Carpal tunnel nerve testing. Little gal Doc, taser looking device, infinitely variable torture levels, tested signals each finger, both thumbs them same test wrist to all above, then forearm side then bicep side elbow up to shoulder. Seemed as she was enjoying her work a little Too Much, making fingers contort hands and forearms jump. That test she was pleased with so on to next test. Using fine needle probe, inserted into muscles base of thumb. Heel of hand edge of hand, forearm group, bicep group, shoulder group both arms then three insertion along both sides cervical vertebra. Noted no fatigue or pain in functions. Confirmed as suspected, Cubital Tunnel, carpal tunnel of the elbow nerve channel. Both sides. Overuse. Abuse, serious excess manipulations working the tendon that sets off funny bone sensation.

  182. #182DMiller2023-01-13 21:46

    All in all I guess the beatings to continue until moral improves will have to be postponed

  183. #183Truck Shop2023-01-13 21:47

    I think the worst--was chest tube installed with no local.

  184. #184John C.2023-01-13 21:58

    Don't like the needles at all. Both times I've been through it, the perps had a wry smirk on the their faces when done.

  185. #185DMiller2023-01-14 05:30

    Must have had related doctor, or at least out of same class for crazed torturists!

  186. #186DMiller2023-01-14 07:59

    Perhaps from Marquis De Sade School of Health testing!!!

  187. #187terex herder2023-01-14 08:08

    Just be thankful she isn't your urologist.

  188. #188DMiller2023-01-14 08:41

    No doubts!!

  189. #189Truck Shop2023-01-14 10:52

    That's her second line of work.

  190. #190DMiller2023-01-15 15:53

    Decisions, Decisions. Have that aged 99 F250 SD. Starts and runs alright, for now. Drives better tan has in a while since ball joints, for awhile. Cab is so corrupt is about to split from side to side at rear half doors. Frame is not in bad condition, Springs on rear been changed, Brakes in good order. Spoke to a salvage operation as to buying 'A' extended cab where stripped are close to $1000 + frt and would have to section cowl/firewall into that for the 7.3 then need all four doors and would need to buy/build a bed for replacement of PU Bed. Close figures, around $10-12k to make it right. So do I try to locate something to Customize by swinging onto this frame? or Dump the whole machine? And before TS throws down, IF could find a R190 not too far gone, could be a candidate.

  191. #1914x4ford2023-01-15 20:26

    Try here if you want a cab they should have one they specialize in the older super duty’s and are in Missouri either in licking or Salem

  192. #192Truck Shop2023-01-15 21:26

    Well, well, well look what I have here on the very end of the row. Powered by a mighty 549 with main and aux and it's twin screw. The tin is in excellent condition for it's age, on walking beam. Why with a little work that cab and nose would fit right on.

  193. #193John C.2023-01-15 22:33

    You seem to be channeling my delinquent past. I worked at a sod farm for a couple of months out of high school who had one of those beasts. Drove it just enough to decide I'd rather roll sod than drive that truck.

  194. #194oarwhat2023-01-16 08:23

    We had 6 or 7 like that, Old New York state plow trucks. Triple frames heavy as hell. Those 549's were a dog for the size of them. A couple had ok power. Man did they eat fuel!!!

  195. #195DMiller2023-01-16 08:36

    Have already spoken to them, yes have cabs, none much better than my own just already off frames. Sent me photos, not really a benefit unless old cab was wrecked. Are in Licking not far from BILs farm at Gladden.

  196. #196Old Doug2023-01-16 08:58

    I am going to put anther cab on my 85 k20 GMC. Its a no brainer . I realy like it ,i have a good cab already , its easy to work on , the running gears are in great shape. Unlike every thing else in my life its a easy decision. When i was 20 me and my brother swapped several cabs i did one by my self in one day on a 69 chevy . It will probable take a week now but i have anther to use. Yours will be a bigger job . I guess it all depends??

  197. #197DMiller2023-01-16 09:02

    Have a hoist and straps to lift then roll chassis out. would just have to get all set up and parts here to do a swap. Finding a suitable cab or trying to make a builder or throwing in the towel with all the ofher stuff happening is where I am currently.

  198. #198DMiller2023-01-17 20:45

    Well repairs to the '99 are out as of today, will be sold as is where is when time comes. As to the Rolling SH looks as if it also is out of the question, for this year. Eye consultation went really well. Doc was full of information, we discussed at length my potentials as to lens implants and how much I would want to recover from the cataract removal. Discussed my eyes, the levels of damage to left one and its cornea, the level of nerve damage visible in BOTH, and the astigmatism present in the right that the replacement lens will need to control. So 3 and a half hours of tests, inspections, showing the wife all my damage, explaining I currently have moderate bordering severe Dry Eye syndrome, the only REAL Option for a implant lens Insurance will not cover, figured that. Next up, expense, $3500 beyond Insurance and some fees they will also NOT pay. Feb 3 Right eye gets done, then Mar 3 the YAG laser Surgery will happen to Left one. where that is covered by Insurance. Eye drops/lubricant for 3 times a day every day for the foreseeable future for the dry eye syndrome and will still require some level of far distance lens glasses and a bifocal for close in reading. Had already ordered a 1/4 beef three weeks ago, be ready by month end, license will eat another $710 on the KW, have tin work to keep from reframing three Shed and Shop walk thru doors with brake rental at around $750 or leave the doors to rot and replace them later this year totally. Batting a thousand here where this month's excess expenses will pass $5k. Not real happy but it is what it is and adulting just got more obnoxious, just another day in paradise while livin' the dream.

  199. #199Truck Shop2023-01-17 21:34

    welcome to the prune club folks, Dave's got his thread and I got mine. Both of us will be selling pencils and apples to help cover our medical bills.

  200. #200John C.2023-01-17 23:04

    Medicare and supplemental insurance won’t cover?

  201. #201DMiller2023-01-18 04:56

    Nope The lens to make it viable is all mine, the insurer is covering the procedure, medicare is not paying as insurer is but covers the office visits.

  202. #202DMiller2023-01-18 09:58

    Added on top of the cubital tunnel is I still go in for MRI the 24th, itch sensations cannot scratch as not real on thumb edge of forearms, outer shoulders, down center of back. Already told by EMG tech not related to elbows, probably the disc could not do under previous insurer may be ripened, and my SI joint has been active where the pinning may need to happen soon, only partial coverage for either of those too.

  203. #203DMiller2023-01-18 10:01

    Run her for a trophy, don't lay down to die, come in at high speed, power sliding that final few yards, kicking and hollerin all the way in. May as wear it slick just prior!!

  204. #204stinky642023-01-18 10:46

    Maybe you should inquire about selling a kidney next time you're at the doc to cover some expenses, we know yur liver aint worth a ****.

  205. #205DMiller2023-01-18 10:48

    Now there is a thought!! Made my peace with something higher LONG ago, have been closer to death more than want to admit to on varied occasions, Know on borrowed time as just getting to here was a ride.,

  206. #206stinky642023-01-18 10:49

    Ditto.

  207. #20756wrench2023-01-18 11:28

    Jeez, you guys are depressing me and the day is just starting

  208. #208_Weldman_2023-01-18 13:02
  209. #209_Weldman_2023-01-18 13:05

    “So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none. When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision. When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.”

  210. #210DMiller2023-01-18 13:05

    Don't take so serious!! I was hit by car at 3, survived, almost lost three fingers to a wood jointer at 15 bled like open hole in a blood bag, broken back 19 falling off roof of Freightliner, 3/4" chisel into left eye at 30 thru safety glasses, any of which COULD Have killed me. Been lost on the table two instances and brought back. Won't know are dead when gone, just drift away. We all live on borrowed time, when time comes is no preventing it.

  211. #211_Weldman_2023-01-18 14:45

    As many times I have heard you falling off a ladder or something, you best stay on flat ground Gee never heard someone fall so many times, vertically challenged eh? My action cam is coming in today, I'm going to show you how it's done Spud_Monkey style!

  212. #212mitch5042023-01-18 15:28

    What's that quote from, Spud?

  213. #213Willie B2023-01-18 15:36

    Gee Phineas Gage only did that once. He got a tamping iron for packing black powder in drilled holes. It exploded with the iron still in the hole. Iron went in his chin & out the top of his skull. He lived another ten or more years but was never the same.

  214. #214_Weldman_2023-01-18 15:56

    Tecumseh a Shawnee Chief

  215. #215DMiller2023-01-18 16:02

    Ladders not so much a concern, severe fall in '77 was off a flat roofed 8664 Frt Shaker working a Roof mount AC, Oil EVERY where from replacing expansion valve and o=rings as well the Condenser had to come off to work on electrical beneath the system. Fall recently was from the Bottom step on the Beast tool box, again no ladder just feet left from under and only some 16-18" above floor. As a little kid after the auto hit, stayed a lot with Grandmother in her upstairs apartment in her home that Mom and Dad lived in. Narrow tread steep wooden stairs and my Toddler butt never did see eye to eye, more like came to agreement I could get halfway down before tripped and rolled to bottom. Had a Cold Air return grate in floor at stair base, was cup shaped from my bounces off of it.

  216. #216DMiller2023-01-19 15:24

    As of today, my new to me pickemup truck is Licensed Y’all best be watching for the semi blind and deaf lunatic in the big Blue Beast. Does still need graphics

  217. #217_Weldman_2023-01-19 17:04

    Um, it's crooked Leans down to the right too much or not enough on the left.

  218. #218DMiller2023-01-19 17:17

    Believe it or not, has Always been that way!!

  219. #219Truck Shop2023-01-19 17:38

    Horse manure, now it will turn to a discussion of bionic eyes and laser leveling. A tavern I use to visit anything hanging on the wall was crooked, owner said he did that to bug people with OCD, and it worked.

  220. #220_Weldman_2023-01-19 17:50

    I guess I have OCD, never looked at it that way, just seemed normal to me to perfect things. Guilty as charged....

  221. #221Truck Shop2023-01-19 18:07

    Everyone is guilty to a degree Spud. I use to be fanatic about things lining up. When I put the rail fence up on the street edge of the yard I purposely bought a 10' 2x6 that had a curve/arch. I've had people point it out like I didn't know it was there. It worked it bugs people but at the same time states nothing is perfect around our place.

  222. #222DMiller2023-01-19 18:11

    Not ANY machine I own is 'perfect' not ever gonna be, and I am good with that!! Anyone Else want to have a Moment can, is their right, I just am not built that way!! I be blind one eye, can't see with other know all the flaws I have seen made or identified, still functions properly, will do just fine

  223. #223Truck Shop2023-01-19 18:50

    Now to expound about OCD--The artistic ******* who did this drawing in 1988 was trying for perfection. Only to realize later on he was his own worst critic in the early years, If there were flaws it was ok for no one else would see them. He tried too hard for perfection the grille drove him mad.

  224. #224_Weldman_2023-01-19 20:21

    It's more of I notice things out of place, it ain't mine I ain't straightening it for someone else, but will mention something about it and that depends on situation in itself. Things aren't lined up perfectly here, but when building something or fabricating it helps to be accurate as possible since it will show up elsewhere if not. I do try to be perfectionist to a degree or least some claim I do, I have a certain level of level of this is too far out of alignment. Who knew that the pole barn is .0125" out of square in the center, though I welcome anyone to put a level on any piece and it will be between the two lines in the center of the vials not touching any lines.

  225. #225Truck Shop2023-01-19 20:43

    You do good work Spud!

  226. #226_Weldman_2023-01-19 23:04

    Thanks, You do too along with DMiller On another note as the saying goes, put your money where your mouth is. Not best video and not most accurate level for measuring overall levelness of such long poles, but here it is. I even threw in some random parts to see how level they are.

  227. #227DMiller2023-01-20 06:58

    I agree, there is a bit of OC in all of us, I had even PMd TS as to the 'Sway Back' I noticed of the side boxes thinking I had missed the mark on the repairs to the rear mounts, however, every W900B I have put eyes to has that same sway back look. Can tolerate the flaws I KNOW I put on it, will see them Every Day, will see some aspects I should probably spent a little more time on and others I should have left alone as made worse. NO ONE ELSE will really ever see 90% of that stuff, but I will and it will grate on me each and every time. I will likely correct the plate to some degree cosmetically but the bolting will remain as is where is.

  228. #228DMiller2023-01-20 07:04

    Everything can have a plus or minus a degree or a 1/16", a little sag here or rise there, ain't Nothing out there Perfect!! Just close enough to suit, and eventually everything settles in some value..

  229. #229Truck Shop2023-01-20 07:23

    Here's one for you-a neighbor of my brother who was a writer for Car & Driver magazine {who I met some years back} is also a judge in antique and modern cars. He discounts points for cars that are too perfect. The cars he discounts the most are Camaros, Mustangs and Dodge muscle cars. Quote {The money is no object type throw piles of cash at cars wanting perfection, these cars were far from perfect when rolled off the line new}.

  230. #230DMiller2023-01-20 07:59

    My brother got pinged on his 2+2 Poncho for having clear coated it, too shiny!!

  231. #231Old Doug2023-01-20 08:06

    There is no way i would straiten that out . If it was on one of my rigs it would distracted from bigger problems . That is a nice truck that i would be proud to own .

  232. #232_Weldman_2023-01-20 08:11

    I sure made this thread go crooked

  233. #233oarwhat2023-01-20 08:19

    D Miller I call BS on this statement. I've followed your KW post and you are OCD! No doubt about it. Congrats on that fine restoration

  234. #234kshansen2023-01-20 08:42

    Talking about being OC, I was looking at some horse carriages stored in a shed on the farm where brother-in-law was a manager. These were ones the rich people rode around in and were judged on their skills of driving the horses around a course. He pointed out one detail of the way the carriages were assembled. The were built with slotted head wood screws and all the slots in the heads were lined up in a nice straight line. Now I know torque on a wood screw might not be as critical as the head bolts on a Cummins N-14! But to my way of thinking many of those screws were not tight or not tight enough. But hey it looked neat! One thing that sure struck me as not being what I would call "authentic" was how many of these carriages had hydraulic disk brakes! Here's an example of what I could find fast this morning: https://www.worldclasscarriages.com/carriages/presentation-dressage-carriages

  235. #235DMiller2023-01-20 10:37

    Big moment today DOT inspection complete

  236. #236DMiller2023-01-20 11:16

    Craftsman Industries here build Budweiser's wagons, known to build Custom Carriages for other companies, and Yes, have Hydraulic Disc brakes, flashers, tail and Brake lights and a Alternator to recharge battery run off a wheel.

  237. #237John C.2023-01-20 20:55

    I used to appraise classic and collectible cars for insurance coverage. There are three types of people with those types of assets. One type does all the work themselves as they have money to complete each phase of the project.They are justly proud of what they have accomplished and want a fair appraisal. Then there is the guy who paid a high dollar restoration shop to do the restoration including in restore beyond new condition and then they brag about how good of a job "they did." The last type of owner only does things like ding repairs, cheap paint job, upholstery work and maybe some engine work and then mis-represents what was done or what the components are. They will claim numbers matching or high horsepower special engine, factory special transmission, maybe factory AC and so on. All three will go nuts on you because the appraisal doesn't say a high value for replacement cost. Problem is that most don't understand that a high appraisal means a high premium cost. i refused to listen to it anymore so quit doing them.

  238. #238Willie B2023-01-20 21:16

    Congratulations! You must be very happy after the long job!

  239. #239Truck Shop2023-01-20 22:05

    When I hear of a tornado outbreak I visualize a rare 64 Corvette Tanker airborne.

  240. #240DMiller2023-01-21 08:26

    Brothers never had appraisals of their Pontiacs, fixed them up to send them off after a few shows to Auction, the next fool to pay exorbitant money for those got bit by insurers!! KW was never a resto job, clean up repair for use and keep it roaded was intent. Is 18 years young, 19 is cast build date in there so not far from 25 and antweeky value relevant but not gonna do that to it. Will be utilized as I see fit, lightly but used, not goona be work abused as was when newer. Is essentially retired as I am, while Voluntarily Derated to continue on at a lesser pace.

  241. #241DMiller2023-01-23 20:42

    Up early tomorrow, be at CoMO Orthopaedic Group by 6:30, MRI to follow on neck for remaining issues, Meet with Doc at 8:50 so will have a little lag time in between. Then week from Friday First Eye Surgery. four weeks later second so long as first worked out. And NOW, the Weather Liars are predicting 5-10" snow for the general area starting Tuesday PM thru Wednesday PM as it completes, we will see.

  242. #242mks2023-01-23 21:03

    How all goes well!

  243. #243terex herder2023-01-23 21:23

    The more obnoxious or disrupting the forecast the greater possibility of being correct. Best wishes on your Dr. visits.

  244. #244DMiller2023-01-24 05:48

    As of 4 this morning bordering at freeze temp, weather rolling into OK as of current with three potential tracks, all of which affect here to varied levels. CO in Branson gonna get hammered!! Per two weather reports we border 2-3 or 3-6” snow Probably get nothing.

  245. #245_Weldman_2023-01-24 08:16

    Going to give yourself gray hairs trying to track weather that close and if they are already gray you are going to go bald

  246. #246Old Doug2023-01-24 09:08

    The person that is helping me said i have some gray hair i dont have much left to go gray so i guess it dosent matter.

  247. #247DMiller2023-01-24 13:35

    Too Late both counts!! Gray Hair line been shifting Back for decades and thinning rapidly! Have to wear a hat to keep what little brain have left from boiling in the bowl!

  248. #2484x4ford2023-01-24 18:58

    Leaving kc about 3 in the morning to head back towards Georgia should be fun.

  249. #249DMiller2023-01-25 06:57

    End result of yesterday, more appointments. Go back on 17th of March for a radiologic guided injection at C4/5 left side as the MRI showed facet of C4 has growth narrowing the nerve channel above C5, left side, that will be allowed to stabilize over a few months where if fails the next option is replace the disc(collapsing) C4 to C5. Nerve study as of the report to Miles is moderate Cubital Nerve damage/concerns, MAY require surgery, may be able to treat with steroids locally injected with therapy sequence. Appointment with a arm and hand specialist not until Mar 28, they are swamped as his alternate is out on Maternal leave. Did know shoulders are a mess by the reports work of GP that sees me. May want to have those looked at again with this arm/hand specialist. Just worn slick as Nuke work swinging on huge valve handwheels did not help. Was asked of pain levels, knew it had to be inflamed and sore as could not not be. Was amazed I am taking little to nothing tolerating this. Have lived with aches and pains so long is a new normal, numbness is irritating.

  250. #250John C.2023-01-25 11:52

    Sounds like we have been down the same road. I have had the disk removed at C4/C5 and the bones fuzed. Doc then said the nerve damage to the left side would be permanent and have to live with it. Pain and problems have been there for those years now and control on my left hand is sometimes a problem. They do have artificial disks now that a friend of mine says are wonderful.

  251. #251DMiller2023-01-25 13:46

    I have 'Mobi-C' implants C5/6 and C6/7 John Miles is my spinal Specialist, he also has a Engineering degree and assisted design of these. The shelf material is Porous and the bone grows into them. Also have the Dubious distinction have the largest they produced where were almost Not Large enough.

  252. #252DMiller2023-01-25 13:54

    Just a side note, My Shop Steward and really close friend had Exact Same surgery as I did, Same exact locations, HOWEVER, something went south. He had shoulder and upper back pain immediately afterward, then several weeks after surgery started having numbness issues. I was taking Vitamin D3 Supplements for bone growth weeks in advance as had a D Deficiency, he started on a High Calcium Supplement thinking that was great for bone growth except NOT. Calcium precipitates into the entire system where he started growing Stalactites and Stalagmite Stenosis at a alarming rate, began pinching nerves and was nearly impossible to slow or stop. He went on D3 as I use after treatment for the calcium overload, not ever gonna be right. They enter thru the front and press Throat tubing to the side, splay you like bleeding a hog to butcher shoulders back head back a little then pull head upward to clean out then prep then install inserts. I came out no pain aids or shots, not ever needed them.

  253. #253Truck Shop2023-01-25 13:55

    I would comment about back surgery-but won't.

  254. #254DMiller2023-01-25 14:01

    I have had bad ones, Three in total so far, just not full spinal Management Removal!! About Mobi-C | Zimmer Biomet (cervicaldisc.com) Pinhead Witch doctor Veterinarians in KS that did my first were not into invasive, used Steroid injections and Traction attempting to reposition the damage zone, kindof sortof did but did NOT work. Pain from Day one woke up with levels of numb from hip down Right Leg, second was Miles went in at 40+ years to try and clean up, did what could and backed out, Arthritis severe and not wishing to accelerate that, cleared one nerve channel pretty well got much feeling back but not all, then figured out Sacroiliac joint torn, likely in initial fall damage and missed. I Stand/Walk as have scoliosis, Curved to one side. That is also on the list LATER, to have that pinned. 47 years ago.

  255. #255DMiller2023-01-26 12:06

    Still a bit chilly here 28F but managed to get upper step set up and on stainless 1/4” strap threaded with SS 10x 1.50 bolts. Conventional KW style retainers on top. Back strap more of a handle than a brace. 8.5 box step to new, roughly 10” to cab floor pan, still able to remove skirt access panel.

  256. #256John C.2023-01-26 12:20

    That's kind of cool looking.

  257. #257DMiller2023-01-26 13:11

    Lower will make it appear as normal.

  258. #258DMiller2023-01-26 15:49

    Second one looks almost accessory Will handle My big ass, a Lighter Feminine type should be no issue. Still considering a Back Brace to lid.

  259. #259stinky642023-01-26 18:11

    Not accessory, CUSTOM .

  260. #260Truck Shop2023-01-26 18:16

    Nice job Dave!

  261. #261DMiller2023-01-26 19:01

    Thanks guys, will see how they wear usage.

  262. #262_Weldman_2023-01-26 21:30

    Nice job though I don't want to seem persnickety, but the back brace needs little more meat to grab on the sides on the weld up under there. Tie into existing weld. Might be the angle I don't know, just a thought on what I seen. Hate it to crack with road vibration and go to take a step out only to get down faster than planned.

  263. #263DMiller2023-01-27 04:53

    Was told really did not need the brace but added anyway, also welded on the back side, notably heavier/uglier!!

  264. #264Old Doug2023-01-27 08:20

    Building usable steps on a truck or reworking the throttle peddle is one of those deals were you always use it but wonder if it should be different ?

  265. #265_Weldman_2023-01-27 10:12

    That's good and one does need it to prevent sway and it collapsing from doing so.

  266. #266DMiller2023-01-27 12:04

    Really sucks to have one Known Bad eye, then to have the better one take a dump. Welds look like it too, but will live with what made. One week from Cataract surgery then NOTHING for at least five days but behave.

  267. #267DMiller2023-01-27 12:43

    Well been sitting thinking on Battery Box, have the one from OE on this bucket, built the tool box from scratch using a wreck's battery box (still had lid bots and bolt holes). So being as was UNHAPPY with the aftermarket Batt Box I dragged this one into shop, Throbbed out the dents, stripped to where could sane and dress up some, is currently painted and drying. Will go on as weather warms a tad and can park alongside the shop door. What Started with, Upper flange and back had hell of a dent. Chipped up and Filthy. Lid is just done.

  268. #268DMiller2023-01-27 12:48

    So far after trip to Carwash for scrub up. And throbbing out the dents. Had a partial roll of Edging softener and a assortment of Plastic Push Plugs to fill unused holes. Just prefer This one as something is just 'Off' with the Aftermarket piece. IF should ever grow a wild hair, this one at least has the bolting Rivnuts for the Hood Extension inserts as does the other side.

  269. #269DMiller2023-01-27 13:02

    Next on agenda, clean up Step Brackets. already have enough replacement bolts for everything.

  270. #270stinky642023-01-27 20:45

    The dreaded KW battery box cover, the absolute dumbest design ever. Even if nothing is wrong with the electrical system even PM's suck when you have to check/clean batteries. Stainless bolts and big stainless fender washers to cover the rot around the holes is a good ghetto fix for company trucks, but I'm sure yurs'll be lots more better. Oh I almost forgot "hey dude this wire's smoking disconnect the battery" good luck

  271. #271Truck Shop2023-01-27 21:38

    Almost--Freightliners Cascadia battery/step cover is even better, big torx head bolts. Unless anti-seize is used those will freeze and torx head grind out. Remove with skinny wheel.

  272. #272_Weldman_2023-01-27 22:42

    and this is the where I yell out, WHO THE "F" IS THE "F" FACE WHO DIDN'T PUT A "FKNG" FUSE IN LINE RATED FOR THIS SIZE WIRE, "*****" CIVILIANS!!!

  273. #273stinky642023-01-28 09:43

    ***** CIVILIAN ENGINEERS!!!!! Huh I don't have to work on it.

  274. #274DMiller2023-01-28 15:03

    Swapped boxes this morning, new step I had bought is odd size so ended up rehabbing Both drop supports but on, also had to re-enga battery hold down, 1 1/2” angle iron both ends for tie down bolts. Weather to turn to crap tonight so will enga two back braces for the tool box lid, soon as weather acceptable will install those.

  275. #275DMiller2023-01-29 08:13

    Yeah the lid retainers on these as well the RH Tool Box layout leave much to be desired. Latching could be more effective, work easier and better lockable if considered for theft, entire structure of layout easier to access or utilize, seems lost to mediocrity components. Kind of like the near to 20" step length, OK for gorillas as most us guys, hard to manage for smaller female types and they are gaining numbers in the industry.

  276. #276DMiller2023-01-31 09:50

    Have the braces built, cooling then will clean up and get ready for another warm day to situate, 12f outside right now

  277. #277DMiller2023-02-02 07:11

    Big bad day tomorrow, likely NOT be on here awhile as leave eye to heal up a few days. Cataract surgery 6:20 am. Supposed to be done by 8:30 but not putting money on it. First patient of day so I HOPE they are at least as awake as I am at that time of day.

  278. #278Truck Shop2023-02-02 07:39

    I would rather have a early surgery, the surgeon and OR room staff are fresh.

  279. #279Old Doug2023-02-02 07:50

    It took between 40 minutes and a hour for mine . One thing that realy bothered me was i like to see face to face some one i am dealing with. I never got a good look at the Doctor that did my cataracts because my eyes were both dialated the first time i was there and the operation day my good eye was covered up and it was during the mask years. I drove my self from the farm to my house that night i could see alot better after the first one was done.

  280. #280DMiller2023-02-02 08:15

    I too prefer early, know they have not been at it all day and tired. After surgery on the left eye was astounded how well it worked. Will see how this ends up.

  281. #281Old Doug2023-02-02 08:49

    Early is good i didnt like them telling me how many they did a day i was going to tell them about the mechanic that did over a dozen oil changes a day every one knows what can and does happen alot.

  282. #28256wrench2023-02-02 09:39

    . As long as its not a monday morning after a long weekend

  283. #283DMiller2023-02-02 11:45

    Final work for the day Back bracing in place

  284. #284Camshawn2023-02-02 22:02

    Hope the surgery goes well tomorrow. My wife gets her 1st cataract done next week. I can’t wait…cam

  285. #285colson042023-02-03 06:36

    Good luck today Dave! I hope everything goes well for you

  286. #286DMiller2023-02-03 17:46

    Earlier than imagined, Update. Surgery took little to next to no time. Lens is implanted but eye is angry currently, notable swelling and the envelope the lens sits in need to recover some before that eye will actually see well enough to DUH See. So little gal in post op brought up my record, I asked and she printed off my Cornea Maps. Good for some entertainment anyway. Right shows yellowish highlights for a mild astigmatism, Left on the Other hand(Ignore torn area as rough handled) shows the Three predominant Astigmatisms and result of sculpting by previous Doc that gained some function back for me there. No more can do with that. Lucky enough to run a bead and make it look like one. Am currently Typing using that Oddball and No Glasses.

  287. #287Willie B2023-02-03 19:11

    We're rooting for you.

  288. #288kshansen2023-02-03 19:33

    I had my new lenses installed in 2018. When setting up to have it done was given the option of having them set for distance or close up without correction. I picked the distance so need to were glasses to read. Now days I hear that some versions can do both near and far. The last couple annual appointments the doc has mentioned that there is some cloudyness behind the lenses that if it starts giving me issues he can zap it away with his laser in the office as an outpatient procedure. So far I have not noticed it but like many things that come on over time I might only notice a change after he zaps them. Might think about it next time I'm there for regular appointment. Hope yours keep improving!

  289. #289Old Doug2023-02-03 20:53

    I got the multifocal lenses. I dont need glasses it was about double the price insurance will not pay for the up grade. Most people dont get the multifocal deal because there used to wearing glasses and dont mind. I read a deal about a eye doc that had cataracts that didnt get the up grade because of something . I am very happy with my vision. The worst thing about the hole deal was i would have like for some one to set down and realy took time and talked to me about every thing . Some times i felt like a pair of eye balls with a body just going along for the ride.

  290. #290DMiller2023-02-04 05:43

    My new lens is a multifocal Toric so my eye and brain can somewhat focus it as the eye regains strength and learns that lens. Will still need readers where general distance and say dash board gauges are supposed to become manageable. Reasonably distant will likely need assist for details. I removed the right lense of my glasses this morning, a challenge as to finding and removing the retainer screw but managed so can have some acuity of Left eye and sunglasses. Just figuring out was straight blade was tough, then had to make the screwdriver work in that slot. Something used to do no thought or consideration now is a PITA. Only day Two, I know

  291. #291DMiller2023-02-04 05:54

    Flash thought Bit me as Fred Sanford, rummaging thru a drawer full of odd glasses to find a pair can see with!! Wife has all ranges of Cheaters 1.25 -1.75 all over the house. Seems 1.75 is close for now. Just noticed where last night every light had a Halo effect, that too has subsided.

  292. #292Old Doug2023-02-04 08:06

    I remember Fred and his glasses . My parents wore glasses and i bet they kept every pair they ever had any way i have alot of old glasses i hope i can find a place that wants them i think the lions club used to gather them up.

  293. #293DMiller2023-02-07 13:50

    Picked up some Safety eyewear so can be a little more careful. Clear for general duty and got both styles sunglasses as uncertain which will do better especially riding. Wrap around decreases wind on eyes and allows wider field of view. Doc pretty certain that use of a gas permeable contact on left eye should bring that easily to 20/20 and only necessitate use driving or working where can use both eyes. Would not ‘need’ all the time and the dry eye drops currently using would bring to a comfort level. Not surprisingly and adequately named for this old wrench, BULLHEAD Safety Polycarbonate

  294. #294DMiller2023-02-08 08:22

    Oh, and the Sheep Farmer Neighbor has resumed "Ready to Sell Yet"!! Told him ," Nope" and leaving that there. Am thinking he failed to investigate options as to expansion before bought and is learning a valued lesson of being property limit locked. He is soon to pass 68, will see where he is at around three years from now.

  295. #295DMiller2023-02-08 09:08

    TBH, when I pass 70 I will not want to be on a larger property needing maintenance I can no longer perform alone.

  296. #296Camshawn2023-02-08 21:53

    My friend (passed 3 yrs ago at 78) pointed out to me that he could hire in a lot of help for the fees he would pay to sell and relocate. He had a handy man that did the ladder work and heavy lifting. Still cut his own grass and trimming in the yard. Handy man took care of the trees, gutters, painting, and house washing. He passed living happily in his own home.

  297. #297DMiller2023-02-09 07:26

    Have a few neighbors here insist on staying ‘at home on the farm’, cannot tend fence or do much for land maintenance often leasing to either other neighbors or locals needing space. Those that cannot or have no capacity for the work generally cannot afford either option of sell out or staying, proverbial Rock and Hard Place as should have vacated prior. Smarter ones find something manageable inside small towns closer to bigger metros before expenses ate them into stalled in place, knowing farm went to good people eased their minds. My Own Grandmother insisted she could stay at home. Could not see well enough to know house was decaying, would not hear anyone tell her was, by 88 was already house bound fearing would be gone before could get back just from store trips or Doctor visits, fretted of that as soon as got in transport to leave almost to panic level. Went blind to macular degeneration and deaf, had to enter a facility as failed to attend basic needs as bathing or eating. Was a mess for a few weeks then said to sell the house we had already disposed of and placed the money in her account. Found stability in the care center, small house personally owned, not a hospital type die in obscurity machine nursing home. Was 101 just before 102 birthday when passed. Our Dad checked himself into a assisted loving center, money pit but two meals a day, cleaned his apartment weekly, had a shuttle for he to get his personal needs. He allowed me to take his car as unable to see well enough to renew license. Was 73 when checked in, 83 when passed.

  298. #298Truck Shop2023-02-09 07:46

    It's a tough job kicking the bucket but we all have to do it.

  299. #299Old Doug2023-02-09 07:50

    I am not 60 yet and i dont know if i want to stay out on the farm. I like to work but i am tired of haveing so much to do all the time. I wish my place in town had more room. I am thinking about keeping some of the land but i dont want to have 2 places. I have always liked the farm some place to drive my Jeeps and birtbikes but i havent had time to do that in years. You have to spend your hole life working to get there.

  300. #300DMiller2023-02-09 08:59

    Got asked the other day if feared death. Startled me a moment then said nope. Had died twice on surgery tables and recovered, did not know died so why worry of something will not know have entered.

  301. #301_Weldman_2023-02-10 10:02

    Think of life and death this way, do you remember what you had for breakfast 40 years ago on a certain particular date, I know the answer is no but you did do it. So with that in mind you could of lived life before on this planet or elsewhere, you just don't remember it and could be back again in different form in the future or somewhere else. Time is only relevant to the living and energy cannot be created or destroyed which we are made up of energy. They say when you walk through the pearly gates of heaven you will visit family and be with them again, how would you know them if you can't even remember what you had for breakfast 40 years ago and some lose all memory before the end. Morbid but true...

  302. #302DMiller2023-02-10 15:18

    When recovered to be told had died those two times, can honestly state remember nothing of the events.

  303. #303John C.2023-02-10 17:56

    My view of life and death is pretty simple. No one has come back with any proof there is something beyond. If there is something past this life, it will be just another adventure in existence. If not, it won't matter. Nothing I can do about it anyway. I see a lot religious people living this life for a better spot in the next. The greatest irony will be, if there is nothing else.

  304. #304Nige2023-02-10 18:06

    My other half isn’t religious but does believe in the afterlife. I keep telling her that she’s going to be awfully disappointed if there turns out to be nothing after passing down the tunnel…..

  305. #305DMiller2023-02-10 18:25

    Today was post op visit to regular Eye Doc. All good, no infection noted, clarity is very good, quick test of capability 20/20 and could close read at 14". Inside of that blurry but knew would need detail work cheaters, did a performance test for distance in a projector station, I am estimated at 400' clear view. Do have a Ghosting effect, was told typical with the Multifocal lens, pick up a stray shadow from letter or patterns, brighter lights have a down and to the right twin. Told should pass but keeping a eye on this. Return Mar 9 for last post op and first post op of YAG surgery for Left to happen 3/3.

  306. #306_Weldman_2023-02-10 18:40

    I was able to put a piece of lead in someone’s thinking cap as he was worshiping after shooting at us for few moments that pinned us down. Yeah, I guess Allah was to busy with his narcissistic ways right then That instance set my compass the direction it points in life now.

  307. #307DMiller2023-02-10 18:58

    I personally ana not such a in good standing nor practicing Catholic. Still believe something greater than us made us know cannot prove it and do not feel a need for someone else notating I am a Bad Person and need to repent, $20 in cash box Please. We have a small shrine, Our Lady of Sorrows at Starkenburg MO, original Shrine is closet sized with a German transported Statue of the Virgin Mother a Heart of Jesus on her chest with seven daggers piercing it. Old original settlers here really had deep religious roots. Alongside the shrine is a small stone chapel, to our Lady of Starkenburg, prayer offered up there have had Miracles performed with subsequent placard of acknowledgment from the recipients posted all about the walls. The building itself was deconstructed in Germany, hauled to the US and reconstructed where now sits. To me a place of serenity and peace as I walked in. A larger church nearby is no no longer used, St Martins, it is on the Noted places of Historic Record of the US. Built by Franciscan Monks, architecture and all the inside statuary was constructed by or for them.

  308. #308DMiller2023-02-13 07:24

    Scare myself at times, woke this morning, placed eye drops as will for remainder of next few weeks, looked in mirror and reflected have been extraordinarily blessed to have the repairs made over the last few years that worked without any truly endearing consequences. Know that at any juncture one will fail, will be a bad outcome but as to odds have been really good to date.

  309. #309Truck Shop2023-02-13 07:43

    Just a phony insurance policy--but enough of that.

  310. #310DMiller2023-02-14 10:35

    Back to the grind Not gettin any younger Gate aids for those that like to drag U-bolt to gate piping Welds still Meh, but is for a gate on a field, not a concern!! Left over never flats off a hose reel.

  311. #311stinky642023-02-14 10:48

    Not getting any younger, but at least you have a big heated toy box and stuff to keep yourself occupied (aside from all that doctoring crap) Don't know how many cats I've seen retire that have no hobby and sit atop a barstool for the rest of their days, not pretty.

  312. #312DMiller2023-02-14 11:21

    Already hauled first one down, In The Rain Low 40s.

  313. #313Truck Shop2023-02-14 12:31

    Well that's better than just setting in their stool.

  314. #314DMiller2023-02-14 15:52

    End result as had to go to town got pic, in the rain. Gate is about 1 1/2” off the dirt. Even as hits a dirt stop as swings closed will not drag thru gravel and mud now

  315. #315stinky642023-02-14 17:33

    That's friggin' beautiful, you oughta patent that custom design. Might need some shovel work close to the post though.

  316. #316DMiller2023-02-14 17:40

    Quick and cheap is what I call it! too easy to make that pattern

  317. #317DMiller2023-02-14 18:53

    As to the Dirt at the post, renters come in with a feed truck, as been wet tends to squish out and up, gate been swung back and forth cutting the edge wall.

  318. #318kshansen2023-02-14 19:57

    I try to live this life like I was the other guy, might not be perfect but figure if I treat others as I would want to be treated that is what counts.

  319. #319Truck Shop2023-02-14 21:11

    Me-I have a hard time taking anything too serious. I rarely find something or situation I can't poke fun at. I get tired of all the adults doing a bad job of being adult. People spend so much time trying to be perceived as serious/intelligent they loose sight of the goal.------------------------------------------------------ Just get through life on your own without everyone else carrying you every step, learn to laugh in the face of despair and just maybe you won't have too many people lining up to **** on your grave.

  320. #320DMiller2023-02-15 06:49

    Hard to be as we all are, so many take offense at some rather colorful clowning characters

  321. #321stinky642023-02-15 10:26

    No sweat, just bustin' yur stones.

  322. #322DMiller2023-02-18 11:15

    Looks as though may be ending the KW process. Insurance has dealt us a death knell where something has to go. Down $5k currently, likely another $2-3 in the next weeks to months where I will not ever get any enjoyment from my labors. Will be sold and walking away from any prospects of RSH or any other retiree plans, hands going to sleep, neck is falling apart, eye work was just the beginning for around $10 gr of expenses we cannot handle right now. Time Is not on our side.

  323. #323John C.2023-02-18 11:20

    Sorry to hear that you won't get to enjoy the results of all your labors. I really enjoyed following the story and was looking forward to hearing of your travels.

  324. #324Truck Shop2023-02-18 21:19

    Dave--The main reason I got rid of My Last One was I noticed my health was taking a turn at that time. I got to thinking what would my wife do if I wasn't there anymore. I couldn't see her trying to sell something she really knew little about, just the up keep alone wouldn't happen. Then it would start degrading and worth even less. The insurance wasn't that much for what I was doing with it. But it would be a ball and chain for her. So the best thing was to look at it as something I built and finished and move on. Yes I didn't like seeing it go but in the end it was the best thing. It's hard I know to let go of something you worked so hard on and had plans for. It's a very tough situation.

  325. #325Camshawn2023-02-18 22:36

    We too have been having to juggle a little with the finances. $1800 for the wife’s eye and more to come for the other one. Car insurance, grocery store,home insurance in another month, it all seems to cost more than last year. Went out for a pizza and beer this week, beer was $7 for 12 oz. Not even a full pint. Cam

  326. #326DMiller2023-02-19 02:36

    Juggling was getting tougher, would just get to reset and have another $gr or two drop in unexpectedly for expenses, started last summer and began to expand monthly. End of year last year was toughest as saw so much expense for health related and most due as to beating self on the KW so hard to get it ready. Then the kicker, wife explained she was just being receptive to the ideas in pacifying me expecting it to just go away where when completed told me had no intentions. Drop kicked in the nuts. Her expectations were to sell the farm around the house and stay here debt free, gave her the math as to that not ever working out made her mad, then she tried to do the math as well and figured she could not do it by herself, opened her eyes. Neck will be nastiest expense believe or not, spoke to a insurer rep yesterday where been chewing on that, they will cover the injection coming up, will NOT cover another surgery as to a third implant, would cover for fusion but not implant. Then found the company is losing In Network providers most likely due to low payback values. Almost everything needing done is Out of Pocket or noted as ‘Elective’ meaning they just found excuse to not pay. With history would become less viable to change insurers as premiums would sky rocket. Back to rock and hard place. Exploring options, truck may already be sold just not confirmed. Large tooling as mill, lathe, welders are next up as will begin to clear shop out along with farm equipment being moved to Nephew at Salem MO. Told him run it out as can and use it up. All written off against farm taxes. Last up farm, move wife into little place minimal maintenance, she stated all she wants is to sit and watch TV so will get what she wants, hope she understands where that is a dead end as not challenging her ideals or plans or where they take her further. Her Dad tried that, failed, sat down for a year and could not recover. All her current co workers stated same as to non functional but has become determined she can Make it work, so be it. Last up, the other side of coin. Me Likely be ridding myself of all my excess stuff over next couple years, get down to a pickup truck and the small trailer with the Harley, vagabond awhile, get on bike while can and run, make best of time as have left. Visit extended family across the States as had planned just alone, resettle as a permanent setting to near my younger brother and his kids for the final chapter outside of Cape Girardeau MO. Been fighting with this for awhile, time to throw in the towel, admit defeat.

  327. #327Pony2023-02-19 06:54

    Sorry to hear that mate. Been reading along as you did it. A lot of work went into it, I hope at least you get some good money back out of it.

  328. #328DMiller2023-02-19 07:05

    Will recover some cash, investment is a loss. Two years of time and effort basically scoffed off as never wanted.

  329. #329Mobiltech2023-02-19 09:48

    This brings up so many issues that we all face. Head down work hard share a retirement dream with your spouse! It is always good to have a dream but just make sure you are enjoying your time right now !

  330. #330DMiller2023-02-19 09:57

    She really believes she can sit on the couch next few years then live out a Dream Vacation life. Sad, becoming sadder.

  331. #331colson042023-02-19 10:07

    My mother does that daily. Sits on the couch, watches TV. Plays time killer games on her electronics, has zero ambition beyond that in life. She works, but if she could stay home sleep and watch TV, she would. Sorry to hear about your troubles Dave. I'd be on the bike and on the road too if sitting and watching TV was my only other option.

  332. #332_Weldman_2023-02-19 10:08

    Reverse mortgage? We need a dislike button to hit.

  333. #333DMiller2023-02-19 10:25

    No, no Reverse Mortgage for me. Will be ending this scenario and leaving with what I have left.

  334. #33456wrench2023-02-19 10:50

    An all too-familiar story. Just get to where you want to be and our old bodies let us down. That saying ‘youth is wasted on the young’ is entirely true. The ‘golden years’ suck. In another month we will be moving about 5 hours south-east. This summer will be spent moving all my treasures. The acreage didn’t come with any scrap iron so i have to bring my own . I estimate about 30 trips total by the time we’re completely moved and then major yard work on the ‘new’ place and then build an attached(or maybe detached) garage on the house. Then, gut and renovate the existing arch-rib shop, hopefully before next winter. I think my coffee intake is going to have to increase to get it all done

  335. #335Labparamour2023-02-19 11:19

    Glad you’re focusing on your health! Your projects have been fun to watch and a great display of your skills (fat allis, KW and others). Glad you’re getting the overhaul now! Time touring on the bike sounds good. May God be with you in your health and endeavors!

  336. #336DMiller2023-02-19 11:33

    Wish I had someone that really felt as to sharing desires and being a component of Living, getting worse daily. Will not miss the wagon, will miss the time I wasted assembling that to a design I thought was shared. Fat Allis is someone else's project now, was killing me!! Will end up around Family down by Cape Girardeau. Brother, his Ex wife(Are still friends along with her current Hubs) and kids with Grand Nieces/Nephews.

  337. #337DMiller2023-02-19 11:50

    I try to remain cognitive by exercising the remaining brain cells here and in the shop I have, she dribbles away more every week where was watching SOLO on streaming last night, thought never saw it, explained watched it when my Cousin was here two years ago June, argued that then looked up the date released and texted Courtney, Then OH Yeah shook her up. See a TV show passing by the LR, ask her why watching SSDD and 'less than two weeks since last saw', did not remember, told her scene by scene for fifteen minutes what happens next, made her mad. Really suspect driving herself into Dementia or Alzheimer's with the one eyed brain burner. When I move will still have a PC of some form, may replace phone with a Flip Style again, are still available just have to order, only Need as a Phone. I regret not having the simpler life grew up in. Those 'Eat it as All will get' dinners, the inevitable riding bikes all over the county even when got a Mcycle license. Two cars for us, Mom worked too, walked or rode bike to school a lot of the time, elementary school in IL was three blocks away, could see the one in MO outside BR window across a Farm Field. Easy enough to Find toys, coal in Grandma's house bunker, Clay Clods of house construction in MO, actual Tools or livestock in Central IL Great Aunt/Uncle's place, always managed to find something to do OUTSIDE as a kid.

  338. #338John C.2023-02-19 11:52

    I don't consider any endeavor as time wasted. It seemed to me that you obviously enjoyed most if not all of what you were doing on the truck. As far as the wife goes, mine does the chair, TV and games on the electronics now. She just got her second knee joint replaced and is ready to do some traveling. She thought I was done when I stopped being an employee. We had a talk and I told her I wasn't going to sit in the chair and wait to die. I believe she understands that she is free to stay in the chair when I want to go somewhere or do something.

  339. #339kshansen2023-02-19 12:23

    Hate ot hy-jack the thread but: A lot of this stuff going around today. My wife has had her meds changed that she takes for epilepsy, been well controled for the 20+ years I have know her. Since the change in meds she has been in a fog much of the time. Just a couple hours ago she was upset with me as she said I was ignoring her when she talked about having breakfast! What I recall was I aked her if she was hungery and she said "Not right now but you go ahead." Then about an hour latter she is all upset and wants to know why we can't eat, said she had asked for pancakes but I just tried to change the menu. Now I'm starting to question if I'm loosing it.

  340. #340_Weldman_2023-02-19 13:27

    Look at the bright side, at least you have equity to retire with and make funds from. Some go a life with nothing to show for and not even a pot pis in nor a window to even toss it out of or end up working to 80 at Wally World hoping to die a dignified death. So no I wouldn't consider it time wasted on projects when they bring in more than paid for to get them to where they are and they brought happiness through the sadness, something no money can replace. As for a TV, welp me and the wife left watching that thing around our late teenage years to never have desire to turn back. A movie every now again is okay, maybe a YouTube clip for entertainment. That's it and and becoming more rare to watch due to inclusivity of what they deem we should see and experience is taking over. Lastly want to say thanks for where your posting started past 24 hours. Wife says she has funds to buy all materials for our house at same time she doesn't want to touch it. My next few paychecks is building materials so we don't end up down this road ourselves, bison can wait.

  341. #341DMiller2023-02-19 14:04

    Don't know if a Hormone or meds or any other contributing factor, just know am tired of it. Will not after this next month reconsider leaving. Will haul her in for Colonoscopy this next week from Monday, the 3rd get left eye cleaned up and 17th get my neck injection. She will be able to watch the KW Leave, then as that goes will get the other machinery ready for sale and get those gone. Will in all due respect ask my brother as to his daughter's hubby at their farm if would care to use and I keep the welders. Can always sell to them if want or sell later. Cancelling the 28th consult for Cubital Tunnel, just tired of the game and need the cash. Have a bunch of left over building stuff, some will trash rest will get donated to someone. Brother and I can align to get my firearms safes to his house for safe store for time being then will set the remaining processes off. With markets as are here, most likely this place be history in three to four months.

  342. #342Willie B2023-02-19 14:42

    Jesus! You are making me depressed! I can't imagine what all has changed that much. Old people (myself included) have health challenges. I can't help wondering if depression is your most pressing problem? You mention "Cubital Tunnel" is that carpal tunnel? You can get that fixed & be home for lunch. I can't help worrying that you are hitting some bumps in the road, not the end of the road.

  343. #343DMiller2023-02-19 15:46

    Cubital is in the elbows, a little more intense as to treatment and surgery. Will look into that later this year once re-established from here. Been treated as second best to any and everyone else for close to 38 years, cannot build a Home with one that will only live in a House. Wife Freudian slips of "Home" every time Sis comes to visit, speaks of one day returning "Home", nothing we have ever lived in has been 'Home'. Chased that one until gave up. Placates my desires to enjoy life, her enjoyment is sitting watching TV as what I enjoy is OK just not her idea so not her advantage, still responds as will go on lengthy vacations when all the bills are paid off and owe nothing, never happens in reality, owe monthly bills, taxes, insurance, need car repairs(I generally perform) then the bills, was whining I spent 107 on hard wire landline and computer access that she also uses, she spends close to $400 for Dish, with Streaming Vids and AMAZON Prime movie membership per month, I am not supposed to see that but I pay the bills and balance the check book. She also throws money at her Grand niece and Nephew attempting to garner their attentions so when gets old they will take care of her, most often gets MAYBE a thanks and they disappear again. Do not know what she expects, basically craps on me, expects me to do ALL the house work as SHE Works all day, runs a Computer guided laser machine burns holes in stuff, in micron to sub micron size, boring at best. Angry as married a Older Guy is already retired and she can't.

  344. #344Truck Shop2023-02-19 15:48

    12:46 and it's time for my Sunday afternoon paperwork at the shop. I have a pet spider in the office I talk to.

  345. #345_Weldman_2023-02-19 16:09

    Damn, sounds like my ex except the family visiting portion and giving funds away to family unless you include horses she owned. I get pet spiders sometimes when I walk outside and take a leak, they like to make those funnel looking webs namely the black widows, I aim for them just to see if they are home.

  346. #346DMiller2023-02-19 16:15

    Have a yard full of Wolf spiders in Summer, harmless and handy, keep crickets under control.

  347. #34756wrench2023-02-20 10:32

    Jeez DM, best wishes for however things turn out

  348. #348DMiller2023-02-20 13:56

    Whatever happens does. Not gonna worry of it just move thru it

  349. #349DMiller2023-02-20 18:05

    The Yucca plants we have in our field and back of the garage are Native. A Little History, when lumber was scarce and most wooden head markers rotted quickly where stone markers tended to be Just a Rock, the early locals transplanted Yucca as a living memorial headstone to the buried on the graves. Lost in historic record these plants have seeded and scattered while moving many times, farther and farther away from those memorialized. See a Yucca out of place in a woodlot of a heritage farm, chances are is a burial site closeby.

  350. #350kshansen2023-02-20 19:08

    The real question is does he or she talk back to you?

  351. #351Truck Shop2023-02-20 19:12

    Absolutely.

  352. #352terex herder2023-02-22 19:52

    Dave, I'm sorry to hear of your situation. My parents have encouraged wife and I to travel while we still can. At 90+ they can only relive previous trips, current outings are pretty much reserved for either the doctor or grocery store. If the deal for your truck falls through I would like a chance at it.

  353. #353mks2023-02-23 21:33

    Sorry to hear this. Wish the best and continued patience and strength.

  354. #354DMiller2023-02-24 18:56

    Well, had a Wife Called Come to Jesus Meeting. Whining of HAVING to work to pay MY Bills. So sat with her, pad of paper and calculator, Checkbook and bank Statements. Laid out her expenses, expenditures for six months. Then noted paid off her car cashing out $26k of a 401K fidelity was fee nibbling to death so would have cashed anyway, to end that payment monthly. Her Net income is just at 2/5 of mine every month, showed where I pay 85% of bills even last year on SSI Repayment schedule as had put back Income from truck driving. So there were some tears, some comments she did not realize, apologized. Asked if I was still going to leave. So showed her as to where she would be as to my leaving financially. She back stepped as to that asked me NOT to. She cannot pay for Her SiriusXM, Cable TV, Computer Access and a PC, Cell phone and then also pay Annual Home Insurance with Property/RE Taxes, Maintenance, Utilities, Car maintenance and Gas or coming needed replacement and still eat decent even with a paid for house. The current example was this home, where based against SF a 1100sf smallish home few to no amenities, closer to $2k in RE Taxes, Insurance around $1500 in this county, move one East and DOUBLE those. Hard to manage on $19/hr. Then odd thing today. She is having some Doc Work Monday, cannot eat Sunday at all and wanted pudding for tomorrow with some white cake snack treats. Store is next to truck Lot I worked from. Saw bosses pickup so decided to stop in as supposed to be Retired as I am. He was in good mood, told me 17 DAYS was LONG enough, bored, had to be AT the office even just to answer phones and schedule deliveries. Good choice as son getting some med work where will down a few days. Looked at me noted no glasses, asked how that was working and noted had couple weeks of rather ugly stuff going down but doable. Tilted head, asked Full retire age this year, said yes. Asked if ready to come back, once med stuff caught up, REALLY BADLY needs someone that could do as I did, already been a couple that did not manage and are gone, New Star Quad on lot when I am ready. Told that to wife, told her depends a LOT on the steroid injection event, see how that works out as ten days later scheduled for Cubital Tunnel first consult. MAY go back as she is hung up n working and I can gain serious mad money, Again.

  355. #355DMiller2023-02-24 19:12

    Note, even on $18/hr there before, made $17k by June, not pushed. Can get a little more per hour and work a few longer days, maybe break 45 or 50, may need a real haul driver as are back to clay to Muskogee, that is by mile. could break $1500 a week take home but chancy.

  356. #356_Weldman_2023-02-24 23:21

    Your wages compared to my wife sounds like mine though she knows I am surely am bringing in more than her, not just financially, but all what I have built while neighbors muddle in the pig pen of their failures in life. She too brings as much home as your wife, though I bring home $2k plus a week with everything added now where I am working. Got a job offer of $4k a week which would put me at $5k a week after all is added up, she told me maybe next winter to stay where I am till we get a bigger place to live in here i.e. loft of the pole barn. Told the wife when I got the green light to go back to work watch out she was going to see what my potential is on bringing the bread home, she knows now I wasn't just being egotistical. Got a black book the wife can check at any time and I share to her what is going where as she does with me constantly. I pay all bills except food though I don't mind. Excel spread sheets work miracles if you know how to work them. Glad you finally broke the math down, there is something that brought you two together and kept you together to this point. Might of gotten lost over the years as it does, just need to find what it was and work back towards and see what cause the drifting away. I'm pretty sure it was lack of clarity of current/past situation(s) which is usually lack of communication of how each one of you felt of the direction things were headed or the direction it was headed. Openness as much as might hurt goes a long ways.

  357. #357terex herder2023-02-24 23:30

    DM, sounds like maybe you will get to use that truck as intended. That would be good. Hope your Doc visits/experiences go well.

  358. #35856wrench2023-02-25 11:26

    Sometimes people have to be pushed out of their comfort zone to gain a better overall perspective of life in general

  359. #359DMiller2023-03-09 13:02

    Eye inspect update. Had the YAG Surgery Friday and Left Eye has cleared much of the clouding, will be a few weeks to when the lens position stabilizes again. Right eye has stabilized at 20/20 but with a Ghosting Image issue where a Corrective Lens will become necessary, currently not quite a .5 correction where a .25 is the next lower and not enough for a lens cut. Miniscule Nearsighted is the cause. Another appt June 20 where the two should be stabile enough and can try a Gas Permeable Contact yet again in Left Eye, NON corrective other that to smooth the Cornea astigmatism values, then a Corrective lens glasses for R eye.

  360. #360John C.2023-03-09 20:20

    Is that progress. I couldn't spell most of those words let along understand what they mean.

  361. #361DMiller2023-03-10 06:18

    Os better than has been in 55 years in right eye. Not ever gonna be perfect but getting accustomed to where have come to.

  362. #362stinky642023-03-10 10:21

    We've always been told "if you keep doing THAT you're going to go blind" well I've got cheaters everywhere, but my prostate and PSA numbers are great.

  363. #363Truck Shop2023-03-10 10:58

    Next stop colostomy sack, burp the bag in a crowd it will clear a path.

  364. #364stinky642023-03-10 17:52

    Long ago in a ginmill not too far away, an "acquaintance" of mine had a problem with his sack over filling with air and decided to poke with a pocketknife to relieve the pressure, bad idea. The funk from that little bag cleared out the bar, at least 25 people. oops. Episode two...I used to work with this old timer at the Corn Flake who had the same procedure, he used to always proclaim that when he ate tacos the bag remnants smelled like tacos, when he ate hot dogs ditto, after hearing this about the third time I looked at him and said Well you must have been scarfin' on some turds because you always smell like ****.......

  365. #365Truck Shop2023-03-10 18:12

    That is proof that the 25 who ran--Think-there's don't stink if the bag was on their hip. But someone else that's a-hole other odor..... Marty Robbins sang a country western song {Stink Bag on His Hip}.

  366. #366DMiller2023-03-10 18:42

    Guy that owned Schuman Paving when I worked on his machines had a Colon Cancer and had a Colostomy Bag. Ass would disconnect it in the Duck Blind from time to time just have a laugh at those with weak stomachs!!

  367. #367stinky642023-03-11 09:45

    Upon further reflection last night I wondered how we made the jump from excessive self gratification and a healthy prostate to a colostomy bag?????? You're doing something wrong.

  368. #368DMiller2023-03-11 10:06

    Standard Five Minute rule, will go from reverant to **** Pizz, Puke or Fk in FIVE Minutes or less.

  369. #369Truck Shop2023-03-13 09:37

    There are two body functions that the mind can't over ride. Sometimes with funny results.

  370. #370DMiller2023-03-16 16:30

    Label decals on, important one under cab doors

  371. #371Pony2023-03-16 16:39

    Are you keeping it now? I thought that you were selling, I must have missed something.

  372. #372DMiller2023-03-16 16:42

    Guess who changed her mind And has started looking for a RSH herself!!

  373. #373DMiller2023-03-16 18:03

    Will confess, she decided had to have another sit down discussion, explained I was done discussing, she wants debt free would set her up for success. Left that stew a few days meanwhile she spoke to her sis(Divorced) got her attorney's office number and had a Initial Free Hour consult(Told me Later) as to the Magic "D". Attorney noted she makes a decent income with benefits, has a 401K, has a Invested Annuity, her SS will be pretty close to where my own is and No children, so NO, will be NO magic Maintenance moneys, would be NO magic get part of my retirement as I had already taken a hit on my pension to give her that pension when pass which brought up my previous employer WILL NOT IN ANY FORM Whatsoever issue that pension to a Divorcee spouse and my own Life insurance policies could be changed to a alternate family member that she cannot contest. Her honest evaluation she loses any chance of eliminating working should we split before she turns 70, cannot afford a car replacement payment or a house as to Insurance or Taxes EVEN if paid for and still be able to eat. She will cool her outbursts as now along with the tax preparers notation that I earn double what she makes and that while sitting at home working on stuff, now knows she cannot go it alone. Really does want nice vacations and trips inside the US, let her poor judgement get in the way.

  374. #374Willie B2023-03-16 19:03

    I hope you were passing over a bumpy road. Anyone our age has health concerns. Anyone married has bumps in the road of marriage. You went from a miserable experience resurrecting a truck with no hint of being discouraged, to suicide. It was too sudden, change of personality. I sure hope it is somewhat now under control.

  375. #375DMiller2023-03-16 20:17

    Still believe her change of life drugs are not working, she never tells the doc what actually goes on and does not allow me to.

  376. #376_Weldman_2023-03-16 23:42

    Should of put like me, "Retired, Not For Hire". Glad you are keeping the rig, damn women shouldn't get everything despite how emotional they see things as it's all against them when it's not. Reading your posts makes me love my wife more, which for what emotional feelings I have left is rare thing to acknowledge.

  377. #377kshansen2023-03-17 07:05

    Hope you let her know that in what ever way you can!

  378. #378Old Doug2023-03-17 07:15

    I hope every thing works out . I would try my best to talk to her Doctor . Even if you do sell the truck someday you need to get to use it some. I wasnt going to license my truck unless i realy needed it but i did yesterday i think i will realy need it. I dont have any way to pull my gooseneck otherwise .

  379. #379_Weldman_2023-03-17 09:31

    You better believe I do! Building her cat she is getting this weekend a house to stay in, in the pole barn. Not that she wanted the cat, but it was her moms who passed away then her dad took it in then he passed away so it’s now hers. Going to have heat lamps, a separate bathroom for kitty litter box too. Stuff like that is how I show it.

  380. #380Truck Shop2023-03-17 11:11

    Good for the wild cat.

  381. #381stinky642023-03-17 11:38

    Just watch for your life insurance premiums and valuation for changes. Then you'll have to hire "the royal food taster" and sleep with one eye open.

  382. #382DMiller2023-03-17 15:00

    Doc visit today, steroid injection C4/5, cervical disc. Awake, numb/tingling left hand at 3:30, At Ortho office at 8am Columbia MO, papers all done and sat maybe 20 minutes, left dressed except shirts where wore a typical open back gown. On a table similar to Chiro works from, slight pinch, heard Xray machine hum and click, slight pressure then really light sting for Radiologic Dye tracer,, more Xray noise several times with a little more light pressure, doc tells nurse all done, on table twenty minutes. Shirts back on, SWMBO and I go to IHOP she driving, have breakfast. she has Wally World list go to store. Back to car, back home at noon. Minor detectable sensation, not pressure or sting, just a distracting sensation, arm tingling itch subsided some already. Takes 18-48 hours for any true effects of the injection, supposed to delay bone regrowth of that region as the steroid also degenerates the excess bone growth that is the problem. Takes five to seven days for steroid to dissipate or be absorbed for disposal by the body. Take about a month for the eventual effects to be fully realized if at all. Current inserts if that does not work are made in house by a Medically certified 3D printed of a Titanium Alloy porous in nature with a secondary neoprene washer between the two shelf/vertebra connection components. Can be custom printed for each surgery in a day. Surgery to implant this one, around hour and half with recovery time of around 90 days fully boned in and safe to exercise myself as had been.

  383. #383DMiller2023-03-17 15:09

    Recommended by a MOSHP Commercial Truck Inspector Trooper, as to that wording. In Essence by doing that it becomes a Oversize Pickup Truck or multi-ton towing vehicle used for PERSONAL ONLY events. Can use ANY Trailer of my choosing, will still have to weigh, trailer and truck HAVE to be registered to me. Follows FED DOT language value when a Trucker is not on duty driving their truck to or from jobs to or from home NOT being paid, IE Personal Conveyance.

  384. #384DMiller2023-03-27 18:20

    Yesterday was a Wife Come to Jesus event. SHE Found us a less expensive, she felt would be adequate RSH. And NOT far, little over a hour away outside Rolla MO in the Doolittle MO Old Rte 66 RV Park. Pulling up she was upbeat, then saw it!! Then we got out where current owner and owner of the park noted were not selling as not using, she wants the money to buy a Monkey. GREAT calibre of Human right there now!! So we do the Tour, is REALLY Small! REALLY Dirty, and REALLY Not well kept up. Did have four Newer Wally World LR D 16" tires, could not find LT anywhere on them. Genny ran and was keeping the systems working as batteries Junk. So, this was a NO DEAL day!! 2013 Palomino 35THSS. Wife said needed to get home once in car, she felt need for a shower! Damn thing appeared a refugee from Spud's Neighbors.

  385. #385Truck Shop2023-03-27 18:40

    RSH-they all end up that way in the end. RSH's start life as Queens of the road, only to finish life as a crack house.

  386. #386Willie B2023-03-28 08:51

    Wouldn't have done you any good even this year. Last year I sold a 20 year old pull behind, absolutely clean for $7500.00 It sold in 2 days. Mrs. B wanted NEW. She was convinced we were living on borrowed time with all the many systems. We had replaced the awning canvas the year before. New canvas had a belly in it. We woke up in Acadia one morning with 50 gallons of water in it. She was impatient, stood on the picnic table & reached up to push the water out. Frame collapsed& knocked her off the table. Lucky she wasn't seriously injured. We never did replace the awning, I knew she'd be pressuring for a new camper.

  387. #38756wrench2023-03-28 09:34

    You don’t leave one end lower than the other to shed the water?

  388. #388Truck Shop2023-03-28 11:28

    Just poke a hole in it grab a bar of soap and shower.

  389. #389Willie B2023-03-28 20:47

    That trailer wanted to shed off the tongue end. If I let the rear down on the awning I couldn't get the rear door open. Old awning canvas was same length from trailer side to drip full length. Replacement has a belly. Though it was down quite low & original would have shed water effectively, new didn't. Had I expected more than a sprinkle, I'd have lowered tongue end more to spill water to the corner. It didn't go as planned.

  390. #390_Weldman_2023-03-28 22:28

    Seen this on lunch picking up scrap metal. My first thought looking at the roof, grain bin sheets I have extra. Who wants one?

  391. #391stinky642023-03-29 11:19

    Looks like one of them old goldang gypsy hooches.

  392. #392_Weldman_2023-03-29 20:31

    It is and I believe with some grain bin sheets I could pop a few out of here.

  393. #393stinky642023-03-30 14:47

    If you're gonna sell 'em to the gypsys don't forget the ladder racks so's they can pose as roofing contractors and bilk some folks out of their hard earned cash.

  394. #394terex herder2023-03-30 18:59

    Sheep camp.

  395. #395Truck Shop2023-03-30 19:59

    The original sheep herder camp wagons were built by Studebaker before Studebaker built cars.

  396. #396stinky642023-03-30 21:12

    Did the Studebakers also make the original hip boots?

  397. #397DMiller2023-04-01 22:11

    Well Wife had to work this morning, was interested in a Grand Design 328G at a Local Dealer in Wentzville MO. So by the time she got off work, Had the Blue Beast running and warming up. Got all aligned and headed for Thomas Camper Sales. Truck responded exceptionally well, Wife was quite satisfied as to Noise Level in Cab, as well ride quality on the Secondary and Interstate highways. Does have a engine/exhaust harmonic between 1350 to 1500rpm, at 1600 is nonexistent and can hear the radio at a nominal level, On side roads 5th Dir in main a little too high, 4th in OD is considerably smoother. Pavement surface flaw transfer thru the eight bag was a tad rough at above 72mph, and under 76mph, rising above 76 or below 71 and was much better, almost as a tire harmonic but manageable again. Cruise functioned Fine, Exhaust Braking function AWESOME, differential Temperatures ran Cold at around 110F, Trans around 135F, engine temp never wavered on highway 185/190, never heard fan engage or see engagement lamp. Wife was AMAZED She could See White line to Right Side in Spot mirror, and yellow markers in Left as she did not realize I CAN OPERATE WELL, a Semi tractor. So get to dealer, very nice Grand Design RV, very Clean, well kept, all materials machine built with intact and functional and yet ONE Fatal Flaw. 10' Garage space, with Three Season Doors/screens, and a unit Washer/Drier, the depth of the space was just over 9'. In from of Washer/Drier, just over 6'. Our Motorcycle, a 2012 HD RGU is just under 9' in length, will not be able to set a front wheel Guide/Saddle to park it. The Dovetail inside the rear gate sits a full six " too far forward to get bike setting flat for tie down. Trailer even as only weighs 120lbs is 2' 8" wide and 7' in length, unable to fit in front of Washer Drier. So this one a Loss. Sales gal noted have a 2015 345 Keystone Fusion coming in over the next few weeks, No Specific date yet, is a 38' RV, has nearly exact Same specs/amenities as the 328G Gr Des. but will have a 12' Garage space. Will contact us as Soon as gets onto yard. Price will be really close to where we came to on this trailer today. Both have 8000# axles(2) with LR-E 16" tires on Eight Lug Hubs. 328G weighed in at 12,000#, the 345 will empty weigh at 13000# May be in a RV in a few weeks. Local bank has noted should be able to open a Line of Credit Loan that should cover this and be a Land Based loan with a lower rate than Automotive. Stopped on way home at a Applebe's, had dinner, BACKED the Blue Beast into a parking Slot, WELL BETWEEN the Lines and wife AGAIN amazed at how easy it appeared for me, NO ONE in restaurant said SQUAT. All back home, simple day, around 100miles. No visual Leaks or hot spots, no odd odors or drips, all seems great with truck.

  398. #398Willie B2023-04-02 08:32

    I sure am glad to read a better mindset. Otherwise, no surprises.

  399. #399DMiller2023-04-02 09:37

    I tend to be a tad OCD when it comes to machines

  400. #400_Weldman_2023-04-02 09:56

    Same scenario with my MV and I think everyone would be face planting the glass at Applebee's. Wow the attention that vehicle garnishes is crazy. Would walk out after done eating and find people taking selfies by it.

  401. #401Truck Shop2023-04-02 15:09

    How many sheep herder camp wagons in java center ny? Probably low rider lincolns there.

  402. #402Truck Shop2023-04-02 15:18

    Original 1880 Studebaker sheep herder wagon.

  403. #403stinky642023-04-02 19:50

    If you're talking actual ghettoed out lincolns, not even close. Maybe in NYC, but that's the other end of the state about 400 miles away (still not far enough) Java Ctr, is in wyoming county and we got more cows than we do people. think we're the largest dairy producer in northeast. There are a few sheep around, but mostly for the 4-H kids.

  404. #404DMiller2023-04-02 19:58

    Had a Sheep farmer at the Nuke, co-worker asked one time if his animals spoke to him much, he said all they can do is Bleat, Co-worker said sure sounds like DAAAAAADY!! Another piped up, said sounded as called him by Name: EAAAAARL!! Another noted Earl wore Sheeper's boots, Muck boots that went above the knee, so could hook their legs in for best performance. Fight was on!!!

  405. #405_Weldman_2023-04-02 21:36

    Can't put sheep and bison together or even within a mile or so of each other or further. Malignant catarrhal fever from sheep which is a herpes type will kill a bison within few days. Blew my plan of going from owning sheep to bison..

  406. #406stinky642023-04-03 10:53

    Hence, my question about the Studebakers and hip boots, optimum performance!

  407. #407Truck Shop2023-04-03 11:06

    Unless it was a Golden Hawk I think hip boots was where the performance was.

  408. #408DMiller2023-04-04 11:24

    Yesterday got the errant spot mirror tightened up on the ball mount, went to Fuel station and filled the 'Big Blu' as my wife refers to it, up. Have some seepage at Fuel gauge head, will await when Allis goes back down to barn, then bring in shop and replace gasket. Ga. was new when finished working on tanks Off Truck, will recheck screws as may be corroded where failed to drive in full depth, artificially getting tight, but thought had cleaned sufficiently. $455 to fill 120 gal. Glad I got it at $3.79 even as just missed $3.59, as of this morning back to $3.99 and news no help as Saud's sending price up again. No other issues of note currently.

  409. #409Pony2023-04-04 21:36

    Just be thankful for small mercies. It would have cost you $908.50 here.

  410. #410DMiller2023-04-04 23:38

    And likely headed back there here

  411. #411DMiller2023-04-13 12:26

    Should have caught this installing new GA, previous tank fitting weld repairs, had to trim two ears on sender. As much my miss as previous fix fkup. Just enough interference to weep.

  412. #412DMiller2023-04-13 12:30

    Now on to AC

  413. #413DMiller2023-04-13 16:40

    Compressor swap No problem, same for rec/drier, vacuum on it for over a hour doing some other odds and ends then isolated and left for a quick snack. Back 45min later and still on pegs at Max Vacuum. Then all hell broke loose. Compressor clutch would not engage, then would sputter in and out a bit, intermittent connection at Low Pressure Cutout switch, ordered both Fan and AC switch pigtails, then the 134A can tapper I had, had enough, threads just disintegrated on second can, off to CarQuest. All full up charged with wedge under wiring at switches. AC in Bunk Quite Cold!!

  414. #414DMiller2023-04-18 07:29

    Getting closer to road time with a RSH so started looking around awhile back. Lots of expensive toys languishing as do not get much use time now. Decided time to pare the herd down some. Sad to see leave but the lathe went N to around Marston MO some few weeks ago, last night the mill left with a new owner to St James MO. Wife was concerned but I reflected arthritis and eyes were becoming a real limiter, just time to go while I can negotiate them gone and load them out. Sad but a necessity.

  415. #415stinky642023-04-18 10:02

    Don't worry, you'll find another type of treasure to take up that empty floor space.

  416. #416DMiller2023-04-18 17:44

    Well in the midst of last nights exercises phone took a call and they left a message, last Boss, wanted me to call back soon as got a chance. So had a Vet day for the mutt, Summer Shave down and meds we cannot force far enough down his throat to get him to swallow them. Stopped by previous employer, asked if was ready to go BACK to work!!, Has NOBODY applying, hired three fired two referrals, and last ditch Called ME. "Needs another driver that KNOWS what to do, how to do it right and get it done reasonable time" He is NOT a babysitter and really liked how I worked, will make it good for me. So, I go back to work May 1.

  417. #417kenworth2023-04-18 17:54

    Perfect, now you will have money to Restore that KW you found on Fakebook.

  418. #418DMiller2023-04-18 17:58

    Nope!!

  419. #419stinky642023-04-18 19:24

    "Just when you think you're out, they pull you back in". What's this the third or fourth time you "unretired"?

  420. #420DMiller2023-04-18 19:30

    Third

  421. #421_Weldman_2023-04-18 19:56

    They put anyone behind the wheel out here, or at least where I work at. Jumped in a rig that they wanted me to help someone hitch a trailer up to it on the back of a water tanker. Found out why 10 miles down the road, the guy was first day on job, never drove a semi, ex sheep shearer, doesn’t have CDL and was maybe 25 at most. I opted to drive the sprayer back instead of riding with him when done.

  422. #422DMiller2023-04-20 16:20

    Well, here is a tidbit to laugh or cry at. Fella left here with Mill, made ALL the way home ALL GOOD, next morning got all the small stuff unloaded and in shop then went after the mill. Straps came off, softeners moved away, got on skid steer, almost got under it then Bumped the trailer, mill Fell OFF. Broke UPPER head and power feed on cross slide OFF. He has managed to repair and weld much of the damage with rough parts ordered to repair. Did find the mill is largely Obsolete, HOWEVER is a Newer Model looks EXACTLY THE SAME just different numbers.

  423. #423DMiller2023-04-20 16:22

    DID get the two safety switch connectors and terminals swapped, ALL good, Charge holding fine, Sight glass Clear and cooling GREAT!!

  424. #424colson042023-04-20 20:13

    Ouch. Sounds like something I did. I ordered a reman Allison transmission for a dump truck. Managed to drop it off the jack while rolling it over to the truck and broke the case. Back to Weller I went.

  425. #425Willie B2023-04-20 20:48

    Broken bank account & wounded pride!

  426. #426cfherrman2023-04-20 21:39

    Yeah that like 10k

  427. #427Truck Shop2023-04-21 02:45

    Some years back the owner of the shop I worked at was unloading a 1693. I told him chain wasn't heavy enough, offered one off my tow truck. He ignored me and proceeded---------- He proceeded to get it off the truck swing around and drop it because the chain broke. It broke the retarder housing, retarder oil pan, retarder oil cooler, turbo/exhaust manifold, oil pump and pickup plus a few other items. He was a arrogant turd, I just stood there laughed and went back to work. Lucky no one was injured. In your case a accident.

  428. #428DMiller2023-04-21 07:41

    Felt sorry, but once gone from my place is ALL THEIRS.

  429. #429DMiller2023-04-30 09:26

    Spent a few days at Junkyards, Th thru yesterday. His service truck trans gave up and had to get a yard ornament back into the foray. He already had it running and his welding skid on it, so we got a cleaner larger fuel tank added on, several tool boxes mounted, he got the license on it Friday and evidently found a error on our part as to return fuel routing at a vent location thru a T, tends to cause a dribble out the vent. Good two full days effort and he is back into the fight full load.

  430. #430DMiller2023-04-30 09:28

    As to that, will be awhile to be able to assist again, back to work Monday Morning.