Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CA Air Resourse Board

DavePat ยท 2021-06-19 17:44

Anyone know what it cost to get a 92 D4H2 retrofitted to be compliant in CA? Is it some ungodly costly thing? Super PITA? Any CARB info on Heavy Equipment would be helpful.... I searched and didn't find much on here. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Birken Vogt2021-06-19 18:39

    Basically you would have to put an emissions compliant engine in it as a complete unit. With DPF and whatever it came with. I don't think it could be practical the way they shoehorn the engine into the Cat.

  2. #2CM19952021-06-19 21:00

    I couldn't see that project make any financial sense. That D4H is worth more as is without all the emissions BS outside of Cali, regardless of how much money you spent making it CARB compliant. If someone is going to deal with the cost and additional maintenance of a DEF engine they might as well have a 25 year newer machine and probably cost the same as a retrofitted D4H. Just my $.02 and worth as much was paid.

  3. #3skyking12021-06-19 22:03

    ^ that says it all.