G’Day All I’m working on a project to fit an extended air con intake to a “B” series CAT skid steer. The customer works in fairly dusty conditions & is getting tired of cleaning his air con filter out twice daily. Has anyone been down this path where they have fitted a cab pressure unit or extended air intake for the cab filter? Have been to local dealer & there is nothing of the shelf as far as they know. Any help or photos much appreciated. Thanks
Block off the outside intake and make it draw cleaner cooler air from the inside the cab intake. Disassemble your ac unit and cut a hole in the plastic box where the coil can be exposed on the inside the cab area. This must be done from the inside so you don't cut too much. It will be a diagonal rectangle right about where the seat touches the box. Get some of that wide heavy flashing tape to recover the hole. Now all you have to do to clean the coil is raise the cab/ peal off the tape/ rinse and blow off the coil/ then re-tape. Now you can clean the coil in 20 min instead of 6 hrs. I have pics on line somewhere I will look.
thanks very much, info like this is so valuable
I think I have some pics on an old computer. I'll try to find them for you.
Also remove the duct that runs under the seat conecting the right side vents. Seal the hole off. You don't need all that flimsy duct on the right side. Seal all cracks and leaks except leave the drain open in the bottom of the pan.
txbrushbuster Did you find any pics on mod to air con box for easy clean out. Cheers