Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cab comfort

D6RXW_GPS ยท 2008-07-11 22:17

I've got a problem with the air conditioner on the 6R. The temperature out put control doesn't have any effect on the air, so it's full bore freezing (this thing would make a great beer cooler) until I shut it off for a few minutes to let the windows clear and my teeth stop chattering. Anybody know where the thermostat is hidden that controls this?

Replies7
  1. #1Vantage_TeS2008-07-11 22:50

    Sheesh most guys bitch about it being too hot, and this guy is complaining his A/C works. Take a winter jacket and hat to work and **** off all the labour guys/people with no A/C by whoring around all bundled up =D I'd check fuses first I do believe the valve is electronically controlled. I am guessing it's either just stuck (dust perhaps) or a loose wire but it pays to start off simple *Wink*

  2. #2d6peg2008-07-11 22:57

    LMAO. I have been going thru the exact same thing. In the morning I turn the water valve on and in the afternoon I turn it off. My AC in my D6r is the coldest of any machine, car, combine or farm tractor that I have ever seen. I hate it when my windows get condensation on the outside because of the dust that collects on it. I keep all air vents turned away from me and that helps a little. Sure does feel good when it 100+ degrees outside though. Kinda hate to get off to relieve myself. I dont think it has a thermostat, at least mine doesn't, if it does mine must not be working also, it does have a water valve that is probably closed (rt. hand side of machine by the oil filter). My control valve in the cab does not close the water off completly, that is why I have to do it manually.

  3. #3t3chw00di2008-07-12 01:05

    re: A/C thermostat I don't think there is a thermostat control for the A/C either. You just have to add a little heater action to compensate. As posted above, make sure your water (heater) valve isn't turned off.

  4. #4Construct'O2008-07-12 08:37

    I agree with the above post this is how it works for the D6R. My older D6H has a thermostat and is a lot easier to set and control.Good luck:usa

  5. #5D6RXW_GPS2008-07-13 09:43

    I don't know It seems to me the temperature control knob on the dash must be there for a reason, but when I think about it, I don't believe it's been doing a hell of alot in the winter when the heater is on either. I've tried cracking the water valve in by the engine, but it doesn't take much of a turn to get all hot air. I will look for a fuse though. I should have considered that before. ointhead:beatsme

  6. #6Construct'O2008-07-13 20:25

    Where you opened the heater valve next to the engine follow the heater hose back toward the cab.There is and inline valve that has a cable connected to it .The cable runs into the cab to the heater and a/c knob. As you turn the knob it opens or closes the valve which let the hot water into the system cooling down the a/c when you have it on.It counters the a/c. It is hard to adjust to get a happy medium.At least on my machine. I had to replace the valve and the cable on my machine because they was stuck.Might have to open the dash and take a look see if the cable is turn the valve outside . The old a/c system was better too get adjusted,because of having a thermostat.Good luck:usa

  7. #7aosteelheader2008-07-14 00:45

    I've been on a D8R for the last 3-4 weeks thats the same way. And I love it! I look out at the dump man and the guys on the compactors and think how nice it is to be cold on these hundred degree days.