Lookin at one of these, needs repair on one of the slack adjusters, its bleeding off, and the blade needs re-skind but other than that it has a recent undercarrage and runs good, when i tried it today it took a few times to make it steer left, but it has been sitting for a while is that normal, are these good machines like a 92 ish model or were they troublesome, any knowledge or help greatly appreciated, thanks also size wize how does it compare to a JD650G
D3 Ok whats the deal, ive posted several times on this forum and rarely get a rsponse or reply, I've never seen a more unresponsive forum or maybe its just me or the brand of equipment i ask about, or i'm not in the circle dont know
southernman13: I know not of a circle. I had a look at your previous posts and can't seem to fathom why you believe this forum is unresponsive. My advice, persist with the D3 post.....not a very popular model which is why you haven't been inundated with replies; but I think someone here may be able to help.
I don't have or been around the smaller dozers ,so can't answer a lot of your questions.Sorry !!!!!!! Might add need help to your main post then someone might respond faster:beatsme Good luck:usa
A couple of pics often helps. Rn'R.
I ran a D3B in 88 for a while. It was a bucking Little choate. It never had any problems though. I'm not really familiar with the slack adjusters. Is it leaking out the seal or is it leaking out somewhere else? It shouldn't be a major fix. Just be careful pulling things apart. The big spring can be lethal if turned loose. I think the D3 would be closer to a 450 John Deere. A 650 would be closer to a D5.
thanks for the reply