Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cab removal, D5H

maquinariawiebe ยท 2011-05-27 15:51

We are containerizing a CAT D5H dozer. We have to remove the cab, so it fits inside the container. My question, can you still operate the machine if the cab has been remove..? I am thinking no, because I believe all the electrics will go with it. But I could be wrong, stranger things have happened...

Replies1
  1. #1Lee-online2011-05-27 17:45

    There is alot of stuff to disconnect to remove a cab on a dozer. it will not run, too many harnesses to disconnect. How much height do you need to loose to make it fit. Removing the ROPS will gain a few inches. It would be easier to remove the tracks, this will gain a few more inches, you can even roll it in on its rollers. If you need more, I would remove the rollers and idlers or the side frames. Much easier and pretty simple to put back together even if you didn't take it apart. You should see what we have shoe horned in to containers.