Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

International TD8

575Rancher ยท 2011-05-27 10:43

I've got a chance to buy an International TD8 Series E Dozer. It needs an engine. Does anyone know where to get parts to fit a Cummins BT4 into this machine? I suspect the flywheel bolt pattern will be different, the crankshaft will need an adapter and the motor mounts will probably need to be changed. Is there a conversion kit or, if not, where would I look for parts to make this happen? Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1g_man2011-05-28 16:59

    I would start with a Komatsu dealer. I just bought a Dresser TD7G which is the next series after yours I think and Komatsu has the parts I need so far. Sorry I can't be more help.

  2. #2Iron@Dirt2011-05-31 21:29

    Been slowly rebuilding my D39P-1 (= TD9H ?), get parts from Komatsu on each project. Last parts I bought for torque convertor some were not available anymore. They said when Komatsu-Dresser parts inventory were sold out they would have no more. Got a couple of parts from Dressta-Dresser, at what seems like double the price. Looks like salvage yards might have your parts to convert to Cummins engine.