Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caisson Opertor

old dirt ยท 2011-01-14 19:10

Are there any caisson operators out there. Spent my last 10 years before I retired drilling for Tolede caisson.Trying to find some pictures to post. Would like to trade some stories. Thanks old dirt

Replies3
  1. #1willie592011-01-14 21:32

    Never operated one, been around a plenty of them. I did horizontal drilling. Did a project near Cincinnatti that I was down slope of 3 ft diameter caisson holes, had to drill a horizontal hole and hit the caisson shafts. That job was interesting.

  2. #2qball2011-01-16 13:55

    i worked for case foundation running loader a few times. i oiled on a few case rigs, both the drills on 3900's and 400's and on their service rigs. i also worked for revcon on a loader and oiling on drills. i wish i still had my pictures from some of the huge case jobs i was on. 12' cassions drilled 100' deep. all you would hear in the canyons between the highrises would be the screaming of multiple jimmy diesels wound to hell. fun times.

  3. #3Wrench_one2011-01-21 20:34

    wow Q, I wrenched for a caisson company for a while back in the 90's. I had to learn the rig to operate for maintenance. Then I would have to fill in on the operators day's off. We had 2 texoma 700's and a great big casagrande with a double kelley bar. The biggest I ever drilled was 72" for a cellular tower. I remember the engineering people checking plumb on the hole after every bite and having a skid steer to move the spoil. We did alot of 10 to 18 inch residential sites in the darnedest locations. Good times.