First time I've ever done this, on the way back from the doctor on interstate there was a lane closure and a semi truck decided to just merge straight into us instead of slowing down and merging. The guy knew we were then and moved in as my wife was slowly moving out. He straight up ran us off the road. Doesn't sound like the hypos are going to do any because they are responding to other calls and the truck didn't strike our van. I gave the tag number off the trailer and will be later following up to find out who owns the trailer. I cannot believe a truck would even drive like this. I have a CDL and know the decisions that go in your head of driving and this was a disregard for our safety and was intent on running us off the road. My wife still had to drive an hour and a half and she's still unsettled over it. Anything helps. Thanks Anything
Called cops on a dump truck a few years back. Guy couldn't hold his lane driving through town, watched him hit curbs and was swerving all over the road while driving 15 under. Got around him and 2 minutes later he blows past me like I'm standing still. Then he bumps the center median. Called in his plates, no excuse to be on the road putting everyone at risk by driving like a tool.
There was no contact or damage, so no foul by law enforcement standards these days. Really the only way drivers like that are caught is if a cop sees it happen. Otherwise it's your word against his. Now had you traded paint and he drove on, he would be charged with leaving the scene on top of it. But it's really not shocking that it happened, It's a whole new low class of driver these days, Companies have lowered their hiring standards to-well he has a pulse. Sorry that happened.
I've been wanting to get a dash cam but never spent the money. I think it's time. Yeah it's a big bummer. I called the hypo and they lost the tag number so I cannot find the trailer.
I think anyone driving a personal vehicle should invest in a dash cam. Although those are not fool proof. One of our trucks was parked in a major city waiting to unload. While that truck was parked and facing the street-apparently there was a murder that took place in that area or real close by. The detectives from that city wanted the dash cam footage from the camera in that truck, like a dropped phone call the camera had no footage one hour before and after.