I haven't visited this site recently and thought that I would pass on to you that Camp Six has been closed with the equipment to be off site by the first of Oct. Chris Baldo of Willits, CA. bought the equipment with a lot going to CA and various other individuals. The Ligerwood is to be moved. Fred
Hopefully it will all be repainted and brought back to presentable shape. Especially the Lidgerwood. Thanks for the update on the time frame.
Went by there two weeks ago. Most everything is gone and the structures were torn down. Camp Six has gone the way of Grisdale, White River and Snoqualmie.
It is my understanding that the Lidgerwood from Camp 6 came from Vail, where my late father worked. It spent many years on display at Longview before it was shipped to Point Defiance Park. From what I can gather, Weyco had two Lidgerwoods at Vail back in the day, Number 3 Skidder, and Number 5 Skidder. I would love to know which one of the two has survived. It looks as though Lidgerwood started with the concept of the McGiffert Loader in its newest form, and added the tower. Truly sad to see Camp 6 fade into history with so many other great aspects of logging back in the day. There's not much left of Vail now, other than one side of that beautiful old shop building, the Forestry Building, and a more modern office building. The bean counters have struck again.
Back in the day, the folks at Weyco I knew pronounced Snoqualmie as "Snow-qualla-mee". Must have been a local thing, eh?