Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Camso OTT-HXD Rubber Tracks for 2007 Gehl 6640E

big builder · 2020-08-02 10:11

Hello Everyone, I am struggling with a water access project and unloading our barge with my rubber tire skidsteer. The angle is steep. The ground conditions not good. At times I can make it off and other times I dont and need to back down onto the barge ( sketchy) I am thinking of a set of Camso Rubber tracks and have a price for their ott-HXD. Which will require wheel spacers and new tires and rims. $ 6400.00 Canadian. Plus taxes. The ground conditions vary between sand, 2" crusher run and sticky dark brown rubbly slippery who knows what to call it. I have always likes just rubber tires. Simple and inexpensive and with chains awesome in the winter. In reality I will only use these for 100 hours or so until this project is done. Do these tracks stress the machine? Can I expect a serious increase in traction uphill and uphill while turning? If anyone has real world experience good or bad I would appreciate any feedback. thank you.

Replies1
  1. #1ThreeCW2020-08-08 00:53

    I can’t comment on your track question but wonder if you can rent an appropriate machine more cost effectively for this job than retrofitting your existing machine? Spending $6400 for 100 hrs seems a bit pricey considering it might not work.