I have battled a seat bar sensor issue since acquiring a used 773 a few months ago. Prior to purchase a new seat bar sensor was put in. A few days went by and machine locks up with no hydraulics. At some point in the future it would just start working again. There was no rhyme or reason that seemed evident. At one point I unplugged the sensor and checked continuity to all the wires. One day when I opened the rear door and disconnected the large loom of wires the problem acted up and the sensor would come on and off by jiggling the wires. I cut off the sheathing on the wires and looked for a problem but found not bad wire. I put it together again and used if for several more hours. A few days ago it started acting up again but even worse than ever and jiggling the wires in the back didn't seem to do anything. Today I found the problem. I spent some time inside the back door with the key on with a multimeter checking for ground and voltage. I hooked up a ground via jumper cable to the battery and frame. I then hooked up jumper cable from battery ground to multimeter. I checked ground everywhere. Finally I went back to the seat sensor switch. and checked those wires again. I was stumped. Good continuity and ground. Then I realized where the problem was. The problem was the plug that connects to the seat bar sensor. That thing was probably so problematic over the years that people kept taking it on and off. It had a bad connection. I could sit there with the key on and just pull the foam fabric and the sensor would go out. When I reached my finger behind the bar and barely touched those wires it would go on and or off. Solution is I got a pair of needle nose pliers and squeezed the female holes down a little bit. I put it back on and nothing makes it go out. I only write this because I knew the agony I went thru trying to resolve this problem. The fix was simple but the diagnostics was cumbersome.
No replies yet.