Hi, One of my top rollers came off and we are having a very hard time finding a new one-- due to the D4C not being common here in Ghana. Is there anyway that these rollers can be serviced and fitted with new bearings? or must it be replaced. Everyone here is telling me it needs to be replaced. Any advice is more than welcome. Thanks
Well, sure it can be repaired! Can you find a break down of the part, on some machines they'll call out the bearings and seals at least as a temporary fix, that roller has a lot of wear on it. The bearings and races will have part numbers etched into the metal. One inner race is still on the shaft. I would imagine a truck repair shop should be able to get the parts and reassemble it and at least get it working for now. It may be faster to find an aftermarket complete roller assembly and have it shipped, maybe order two if the other side is as worn out. A thin tapered wedge on the parting line will help remove that spindle from the housing
Parts list: (1) 2M-2858 duo cone seal (1) 1H-9696 o-ring (2) 1M-8735 bearing cone (2) 1M-8736 bearing cup (1) 6K-9861 shaft
I come up with cross reference Timkin part # LM501310 for the roller and LM501310 for the race You may be able to get those at a auto parts store Please double check the interchange and take the old ones out and bring them in for measurement before ordering If I had to pack cheap bearings full of grease with out getting the doucone seal to run for a while I sure would I would imagine it would take a while to freight a new aftermarket roller in
New roller complete here is $195. Depends how much the bearings are and what your time is worth. Roller is a CR3002. By the looks of it the roller is pretty worn anyways just replace it.
If you can get a replacement then do so. What you have there looks like a waste of time and money and would be short lived at best.
Update: Thank you all very much for the feedback. I was able to find some bearings at the Auto supply store and repair the roller-- which I will use as a temporary solution. I'm going to order a set and have them shipped over so that when they I arrive I can change both sides.