I’ve got a late 70’s early 80’s international TD15C that I drug out of the weeds and got running. My problems right now are the transmission is getting water in it somehow. Noticed it awhile back, drained fluid, changed filters, filled back with what I’m assuming was the correct fluid, 10w-30 motor oil. Did this a week ago and it has not rained and I checked it today after running it and moving it some and it is back milky. Where is this coming from? Also when high and low and power shift are in neutral and I press the brake the driveline does not stop, have to cut it off and put it in high or low then start it back up. Then the drive line still spins until I put it in gear, once in any gear with the brake in the driveline will stop. Is this normal?
Also if anyone has rebuilt the cylinders on these how bad of a job is it? I ordered all the seal kits I need just don’t know if I wanna tackle the job or not
I'm no expert but I owned a TD-15C for awhile. I do know that I could shift the Hi/Lo lever with the engine running. I'm pretty sure that I used TO-4 30 weight oil in the transmission. I don't know if 10w30 motor oil would be correct or not but it shouldn't have anything to do with making your oil milky. It may just take a few oil changes to get the moisture out if it has been sitting for a long period of time. As far as resealing your cylinders.... Go ahead and take one apart. It's not rocket science. Just take note as to what goes where. Worse case scenario is you will have to take it to a hydraulic shop to get the big nut on the end of the shaft taken off and put back on.
If you need help let me know I'm in Monroe
When the driveline is spinning is the machine moving? If not moving then it's normal.
Does the machine have a winch? Lots of times the winch is full of water and it leaks into the transmission.
Should have 10w oil in the transmission not 10w 30, all IH power shift machines had 10 w oil their trannys. The manual Hi Lo lever can be changed with the engine running but needs to be done with the engine at idle.