Hi guys, I have a hitachi ZX40U-3F and doesn't get used very much, usually sits there many months between each usage. Recently I used it and after approx 1/2hr - 40min, I stopped, pulled the locking lever up to answer a call, I then pushed the lever down again to continue but nothing moved. The engine was still running but all hydrulic functions stopped working. I tried stop & start a couple times and had the same result. I then came back to the machine after a hr or so and tried again. This time it all started to work again. I then drove and parked it as it was getting late. The next day I turned the machine on and everything was working until after a short while. The hydrulics would stop again and this time is was during my attempt at scrapping the driveway. I then tried to stop / start again, which did not work, only engine runs but no hydrulic functions, so I waited once more. After a little over an hour, I tried again and everything worked. I stopped digging and parked the machine as I'm not sure what's causing this issue and haven'tused it since. Can anyone assist or anyone experienced the same issue? Much appreciated and thank you in advance.
Hi she'll-B-apples You may need some hydraulic and electrical test equipment to isolate this issue, you may also need a copy of the technical manual to assist in valve component locations for testing and referring to specifications. It could be electrical, mechanical or hydraulic. If you try following Hitachi troubleshooting guide lines then you should be able to get to the cause of the problem. Hopefully someone on this forum may be able to assist you with this issue if it is a common problem for these models. I unfortunately do not have a -3 manual but see the trouble shooting guide I have attached from the -2 manual literature below. Kind regards
I believe the pilot circuit solenoid valve is in a dual solenoid block with the same solenoid valve part #‘s . Swap the 2 solenoid valves. If the problem still exists must be a wiring or pilot enable switch issue as described in the @KOBE STEEL info.
Any info is good info, thanks heaps Kobe Steel & Diesel Dave, will look into it.