Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Installing thumb on my cat 320

Snowyfitting · 2025-01-09 13:29

I’m trying to install a hydraulic thumb on my car 320. However, I’m only getting the control to release hydraulic oil out of one line on the left side I’m not able to set anu control for the hydraulic line on the right side. In the attachment and tool setting, it only allows me to click valve one extension and whenever I click valve two extension it just goes back to valve one extension or it just doesn’t click anything at all. Valve one extension releases hydraulic oil with the pressure I set, out of the left line. What should I do to be able to release pressure from the other line as well?

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2025-01-09 13:43

    Please post a Serial Number so that someone can look up how your machine was equipped when it was originally built.

  2. #2Snowyfitting2025-01-09 21:28

    DKJ10011

  3. #3Nige2025-01-09 22:04

    Per the Serial Number above either your machine was not built with any Auxiliary Hydraulics at all, or it was and somehow they were never listed in the system on the build data form. Sometimes it happens. Unfortunately you are going to need onefar more expert than me in excavators hydraulics to guide you on the necessary steps.

  4. #4Snowyfitting2025-01-09 22:41

    The left aux line is working fine. I just need to find out how to enable the right aux line. It’s not a hardware issue. It’s the software. I think there’s a setting that I need to change. It lets me assign a function on the joystick for one of the valves but not the other one

  5. #5Nige2025-01-10 09:23

    If, as I suspect, the AUX was added after the machine left the factory then knowing what hardware is installed for the AUX system (there are multiple options) directly affects the required software. So you have to start off knowing which one of the hardware options you have. I hope that makes sense.