Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can anyone ID this

Truck Shop ยท 2016-08-06 19:28

Some more crap I found in Lampson Crane yard. She's really rough around the edges but it would make great motor home . Can anyone ID this honey. Looks late 30's maybe into the late 40's. Looked all over it could not find a name. I have never seen one like it before. Early streamlined Olds Vista Cruiser maybe? Truck Shop

Replies5
  1. #1lantraxco2016-08-06 20:56

    Found it. Kenworth! "A North Coast Lines, 1935-36, Aluminum, Kenworth Bus, used for hauling rail passengers, featured in Carlos A. Schwantes book "Railroad Signatures Across The Pacific Northwest". The original bus number "708",is still visible, as shown in this old photo., Awaiting restoration In better days:

  2. #2Truck Shop2016-08-06 21:05

    Thanks! I found that 708 pic also but no name attached to it. I knew KW built buses, I have a pic of a different bus that says Yakima, Ellensburg and Wenatchee on the side of the bus. Plus you could barely make out North Coast Lines on the right side of it. Truck Shop

  3. #3lantraxco2016-08-06 21:08

    Sweet. I almost bought a Scenicruiser many years ago, I regret not buying it, but you can't keep everything right? Did own a couple busses along the way, mostly GMC ex-city.

  4. #4Birken Vogt2016-08-06 22:42

    I wonder what would happen if you called the KW dealer and punched in the serial number for parts

  5. #5Truck Shop2016-08-06 23:06

    You would probably hear crickets. Truck Shop