Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Can anyone ID this glass plate? (likely CASE)

Rudigger · 2025-10-14 21:36

Hey guys, I inherited a Case 580SK a few years back, and with it came many bits and pieces, including this glass panel that looks a bit like the windows on the backhoe. I suspect it's off a different model Case Backhoe and was picked up as a potential spare, but that's just a guess. I've no use for it, but would rather find it a home than recycle it, so hoping to find out what it comes off of to advertise it. Pics aren't great sorry, but it's a flat piece, roughly 1010mm long .

Replies8
  1. #1Tones2025-10-14 22:33

    Google Image Result for https://i.redd.it/sy7xv2cay76a1.jpg Reckon it's the door. Your photo has it upside down.

  2. #2Bootheal2025-10-15 02:02

    I think the top rear glass. Holes are for the latches along both sides as it slides up or down. Or, possibly the center glass? Bottom glass is stationary.

  3. #3Rudigger2025-10-15 02:47

    That was my initial thought, but I think the rear glass is all slightly curved (on the 580K at least). I'll double check the dimensions, but I think those door windows are a bit more triangular, and (from memory) the holes in the glass didn't quite marry up to the latches. I might try and take a side by side for comparison.

  4. #4Bootheal2025-10-15 14:27

    Rudigger is correct on the rear glass having a slight curve. Additionally, the bottom two corners will have a radius cut. Center glass has the top - middle section scalloped out. So I’m totally wrong. Don’t think it fits a case 580M.

  5. #5Welder Dave2025-10-15 16:08

    If it's tempered glass it's pretty pricey especially with holes in it. I'd try looking at different parts manuals for various Case backhoes. A dealer may recognize it.

  6. #6Rudigger2025-10-15 19:21

    Never mind guys. Apparently I need to give up the booze, or get my head checked. This was supposed to be a photo to show the difference in fitment, but it turns out, she fits like a glove. I was certain that I'd checked already. Apologies for wasting your time on this.

  7. #7Tones2025-10-15 23:37

    That's OK bloke and thanks I was right.

  8. #8Vetech632025-10-16 09:31

    Is it April Fools day?