I'm new, can somebody help me id my skid steer? I recently purchased an older, small skid steer. The ID plate is missing so I am not sure what the make and model are. The person I bought it from thought it was a Case 1816 but I don't think so. It has a new 16 hp Onan engine so that is not much help. It has definately been repainted at least once. Can anyone help me ID my new toy?
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums qsysarb! :drinkup I'm loving wagon wheels.
Thanks, glad to be here.
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums, qsysarb. I gave your mystery machine a thread of its own.
A friend of mine who specialises in the mini machines has two that look very similar to yours. One is a Thomas and the other is an old old Bobcat with petrol engine and belt drive to the hydraulic pump. I'd have to look at his machines again but I'd say it looks more like the baby Thomas.:beatsme
Most Case uni-loaders have hand controls and no foot pedals. Bobcats and Thomas usually has pedal-controlled hydraulics. Is it a hydrostatic or clutch drive machine? Every Bobcat I have seen had the Bobcat name cast in the counterweight or pressed in the rear cover. Early Mustangs often had no identification other than stickers. Can you get pics of the operator seat area? I have never seen a ROPS like that, wonder if it was an add-on?
Tallrick is correct, I should have thought of that. The style of the ROP/FOP is what made me think its a Thomas.
It does have hydrostatic drive. The ROPS could be aftermarket. Here are a few more pictures. I have looked all over the little machine for any identification plates. It looks as if there was a sticker above and to the left side of the engine.
skid steer it looks like the make of that machine is mustang though im not very sure where did u buy it??? did u buy it from auction??? P.S. welcome to the forums
I think Bobcat is right - Probably was light green before yellow and the few that i am familiar with had 2 or 4 cyl. Wisconsin engines. I think the 2 cyl. became unobtainable, Which may explain onan- or possibly its because OMC owned Mustang Loader frame is identical to mustang . the sheet metal for seat gages is the same. what is different than I Remember is the swing out fan opening. As i remember them the they 3 or 4 pieces of bar stock bolted to the back ,with OMC cast into each one. Wheels and the panel on frame behind the wheels are different also. The panel was flat with a lot of bolts covering bicycle chain. The ones i knew were belt driven- and I have been told that belts have discontinued for some models but not all
I bought it from a private party who wasn't sure what it was. He thought a Case 1816 but it's pretty obvious it's not. :beatsme I do see similarities to a Mustang but I have yet to fine a picture of one that comes close. :Banghead
It does look a lot like an old Case skid I saw at a local cat rental yard. But it does not look like any other Case I have seen.
Looks like an old Deere, one of the bigger ones, Mustang liked T-bar controls, so I'd say it's more likely to be a John Deere. http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/cons...non_current_pdfs/noncurrent_skidsteers/14.pdf
I checked with JD Equipment sales and found out it is either a Rounder L-600 or L-700. There isn't much information about them that I can find except they were manufactured by Oakes Manufacturing. :drinkup Does anybody know what type of hydraulic fluid and chain case lube should be used in these?
Little investigation turned up this; it’s a Rounder l-600. See how the bottom of the ROPS stops at the diagonal lift arm, yours is the same way and the mustangs continue to fully enclose the operator. Also it has a wagon wheel that the other key identifier :usa
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums bobcat341! :drinkup Wow...and Welcoming members in your first post....you're alright in my book. :thumbsup
I think it is narrowed down to a Rounder L-600 with a Gehl HL 360 ROPS on it. Thanks for all the input. Now to find a service manual...
Heres a parts manual, no luck on finding a service manual. http://tractortalk.lislecars.com/other/R/ad-Rounder-l-600-hydrostatic-loader-parts-manual/
Rounder.
Hi all, Just got a second hand mustang skid steer thats been totally sprayed over, is there any ID plates that should be on the machine so I can ID it ? Its about a 1.5 TON (sorry to add to this post but its about the closest I can get to my problem and carnt start new threads !) Cheers K